Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th March 2011, 15:44   #166
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
C: Sir if the educated behave like this, what can we do?

The car ahead moved and I went ahead wondering if me too am passionless in my job like that police! He is definitely caught in a wrong job!! LOL
Fine the person!

Isn't that what the traffic police is there for? regulate the traffic and penalize the offenders?

I would even say, don't fine - just pull them off the road and let them cool their heels for 15 minutes. If the person is in a hurry to take shortcuts, make him wait!
Old 29th March 2011, 20:46   #167
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Bikers can still go through them, probably cars too - not sure how strong these things are.
Unfortunately - I am being proved right. Saw a handful of bikers weaving in and out of these separators today. At last count, saw at least 2 of those thingys bent out of shape.
Old 29th March 2011, 20:59   #168
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Noticed that the traffic police has finally extended the divider on both sides of the hinjewadi flyover for 20-30 yards. From a distance, looks like cones placed on the road. What were they thinking? Bikers can still go through them, probably cars too - not sure how strong these things are.

Doing the home commute, saw some vehicles still opting for wrong side driving to avoid a slightly longer router. Craziness knows no bounds.
Not just that, I see that the actual cement divider (which reaches till the flyover from Hinjewadi side) has been dug up innumerable times so that the people can make illegal u turns there (just remove a couple of blocks and 2 wheelers can squeeze through)
Old 29th March 2011, 21:15   #169
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Not just that, I see that the actual cement divider (which reaches till the flyover from Hinjewadi side) has been dug up innumerable times so that the people can make illegal u turns there (just remove a couple of blocks and 2 wheelers can squeeze through)
and the dugup blocks intrude upon the already limited carriage width of the flyover. On the other side of the flyover, few barricades are also removed - right under the 'U turn prohibited' sign. No action from the traffic cops posted there.
Old 30th March 2011, 12:07   #170
Senior - BHPian

Check out the 2 bus drivers and the swift coming in from the wrong side and trying to squeeze in later. I know this is a everyday occurance but it was only today that i was able to take a snap. I try my level best not to allow them but have to back off sometimes to avoid damage to my car.

Why can't these guys be fined?

I totally agree with mmxylorider. These guys need to be asked to wait for 15 minutes at the side of the road.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00028.jpg
Old 30th March 2011, 12:20   #171
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Why can't these guys be fined?

I totally agree with mmxylorider. These guys need to be asked to wait for 15 minutes at the side of the road.

Attachment 525406
Towards the end of Phase 3, I many a time saw the police van being driven on the wrong side only to avoid a longer route, you expect these people to fine others?

Politicians did not become corrupt just like that, we as a nation generally lack that respect for law. I am ashamed to say that even I am a hypocrat and may have tweaked a rule or two on the road for my own good. This is mainly because on the back of my mind I know that I am not going to be caught.

Please don't get me wrong, I do follow rules most of the times but it is just that if I lose that self restraint there is no one to discipline me. Truly a free nation we are!!
Old 30th March 2011, 12:47   #172
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mb_jg View Post
This mad jam is just the traffic heading mainly towards Phase I & II, what about when Phase III goes fully operational?
People regularly getting in & out of Hinjewadi pretty much like to stick to their lanes, ofcourse there is the occasional moron, but nevertheless.
More flyovers????
I guess you meant more overbridges . The existing so called fly overs in pune are just overbridges . IMHO theres not even 1 flyover existing in Pune . The first flyover proposed was the the Esquare flyover , which when started turned out to be another overbridge
Old 31st March 2011, 14:17   #173
BHPian

I too have been a victim of these traffic snarls for 5 long years. :(

These people should have on the first place not directed the flyover into Hinjawadi. That has cuased the bigges issue of all.

Other than that, the road approaching from Mini Punjab side, i.e the flyover side should be meant only to get in Hinjawadi. The road which goes towards Wakad Chowk, Ginger Hotel should be used to exit from IT park. Of course this road needs to be widened a lot, which can actually be done as they have already accquired the land.

Also, the road the road which goes in front of CTS and Infy should be tarmaced and broadened and connected to Phase 3, so that there are multiple exit roads, not just the current one.

The last and the almost impossible solution is that the companies should have some schedule in place to close of the working hours in 15-20 mins gap from each other, so that once the crowd from one company is over, the other company can crowd can take over the road.

Cheers!
Old 31st March 2011, 14:54   #174
BHPian

Apparently, the road leading up to NH4 on the Wakad side of the overbridge is going to be widened. I wonder what benefit that is going to yield? Traffic can only go left at NH4 and it is quite low as it is.

FWIW, I think Traffic Police should divide the overbridge carriageway into 3 lanes with hard dividers. Space permitting add dedicated 2 wheeler lanes at both sides. Use the center lane as a reversible lane aligned in the direction of peak hour traffic. It would be relatively easy on a controlled stretch like the flyover and would prevent the wrong side driving to a great extent.
Old 31st March 2011, 15:07   #175
Senior - BHPian

I agree with the suggestion for separate entry and exit routes!
Provided they increase the width of the road going from Mezza9 upto Ginger hotel. I didnt know they had already acquired the land needed. If so, why the delay?

Happened today morning :
I was happily driving in the center lane when a WagonR on the right started drifting into my lane. I honked once to indicate that I am there, almost alongside and it would do no good if the car keeps coming into my lane. Had no effect, so I gave a louder honk this time, and still...no effect at all! By this time I was almost alongside. Then one hand on the horn, foot hard down, passed her quickly to notice there was a lady at the wheel. And she had earphones (not a handsfree!) in her ears, and was probably blissfully unaware of anything around. There were no ORVMs too.
A few hundred feet ahead a female rider in a helmet hit my LHS ORVM with the handle of her bike in an attempt to get ahead in non existent space. However, she had the courtesy to push it back into place!
Old 31st March 2011, 15:08   #176
Senior - BHPian

The only solution to all the daily problem of us Hinjewadians is to get rid of that damn flyover! Destory it and build one, the way it should have been in the first place. Like it is done on the one ahead of the Wakad flyover- NH4 traffic flows freely and an underpass for traffic towards Hinjewadi.

As for the rule breakers within Hinjewadi are concerned, nothing can be done! We educated lot heed no respect to the law. Everyone feels that his time is more important than the others. Where is the civic sense? 10 mins delay to work wont cost your life, but not following traffic rules might sure do.

EDIT: Ojas, the land has been acquired for the Mezza9 side as well as, for the road adjecant to VITS. That road takes you directly you CTS Phase 1, where an extension is planned till Phase 3. This plan has been sanctioned for more than 2 years now. However, the people (powerful and pollitically connected) of Hinjewadi have opposed this time and again.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 31st March 2011 at 15:13.
Old 31st March 2011, 19:09   #177
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
The last and the almost impossible solution is that the companies should have some schedule in place to close of the working hours in 15-20 mins gap from each other, so that once the crowd from one company is over, the other company can crowd can take over the road.

Cheers!
I think the Bus Timings 0f the companies have been scheduled to provide some gaps in the mornings as well as in the evenings. But the private vehicle traffic is so much that i think eventually all the buses end up on the road at the same time
Old 31st March 2011, 19:25   #178
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I think the Bus Timings 0f the companies have been scheduled to provide some gaps in the mornings as well as in the evenings. But the private vehicle traffic is so much that i think eventually all the buses end up on the road at the same time
Yes, AFAIK, they have planned it this way. However, by the time phase 2 buses reach here, the phase 1 buses have departed, all leading to a massive jam.
BTW, in 2008 (I think), the road indeed was made one way and one couldnt even go straight towards PH2 from the main HJW chowk. One had to go all the way round from Cognizant/Wipro and exit from the Geometric building onto the road leading there.
These days theres no guarantee that the roads wont be jammed at 10 pm also.
Old 31st March 2011, 19:48   #179
BHPian

Folks, i might be in the wrong thread as i belong to Hyderabad (but worked in Pune, Hinjewadi for 2 yrs) but couldnt help notice that our rant is similar. You will see exactly the same snaps, same complaints in other city (Blr, Hyd, DL etc) threads. What i noticed in the last 6+ years is that 95% of the offenders wear ID cards, dress sharp, speak good English - do all the right stuff that show they are educated - EXCEPT FOLLOWING TRAFFIC RULES.

I am starting to wonder what use was all that education???

Last edited by ExtremeTorque : 31st March 2011 at 19:49.
Old 1st April 2011, 22:55   #180
dot
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ExtremeTorque View Post
You will see exactly the same snaps, same complaints in other city (Blr, Hyd, DL etc) threads.

I am starting to wonder what use was all that education???
Yes, everywhere, everyplace. In a very recent thread, there was discussion where a westerner commented that no one in India cares for other's time and values. And the comment is totally true.

A vicious circle: Biker breaks the rules, so cabs breaks the rules, so the car breaks the rules, so the trucks and buses break the rules, so the biker breaks the rules. You can choose your favorite starting point in this game.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks