Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:16   #1801
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Is this the Pirangut route you are referring to?

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/18...73.7125098,16z

If yes, is it safe to use it at night, say for a 8 PM start from Hinjewadi phase 2?

Cheers,
Vikram
Yes it is the route.. The blue one.

Avoid both in late hours specially after 8, unless one or two (known) cars are with you. Or your car is fully occupied with male occupants.

There have been cases in past on this newly build strech (i.e. a motor cycle appears in front of you, parks the bike blocking your road & claiming you tried to run over him some distance ago & then gathers few of is friends around.. rest is to be self understood)

However assuming that this is now well build & heavier traffic is expected, you may not listen to these cases.

Still; better safe than sorry

On a lighter note, guessing with your profile pic: you might be an owner a white scorpio. You are comparitively safe as compared to other cars. .

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by noopster : 3rd June 2015 at 10:59. Reason: Please check PM
saurabh2711 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:38   #1802
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
Still; better safe than sorry
Thanks for the confirmation of the route.

The missus uses the white elephant for her daily commute, not me. However, despite the notoriety of the vehicle, I will ask her to stick to the Phase 1 - Wakad - Bypass - Chandni Chowk - Kothrud route.

Cheers,
Vikram

Last edited by comfortablynumb : 3rd June 2015 at 10:58.
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:39   #1803
BHPian

Just reached office using this route. The work seems to be almost complete, and the ride was a breeze . I just hope the traffic does not increase too much on this route, and cause bottlenecks, since the road is narrow in many places.

I too have heard about it not being safe post 8 pm, so in case you have to leave Hinjewadi after 8 - 8.30 pm, i guess the usual route is a safer bet.
venkat_iyer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 3rd June 2015, 10:58   #1804
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_iyer View Post
Just reached office using this route. The work seems to be almost complete, and the ride was a breeze . I just hope the traffic does not increase too much on this route, and cause bottlenecks, since the road is narrow in many places.

I too have heard about it not being safe post 8 pm, so in case you have to leave Hinjewadi after 8 - 8.30 pm, i guess the usual route is a safer bet.
What was your origin and destination? How much time did it take?
Old 3rd June 2015, 12:05   #1805
BHPian

[
Quote:
Originally Posted by athanedar View Post
What was your origin and destination? How much time did it take?
Aah, I stay near NIBM/Corinthian Club so it's a 35 km drive one way, took me around 1 hour 10 min. Its almost like an outstation drive on a daily basis
Old 10th June 2015, 13:17   #1806
BHPian

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/47606148.cms

New Underpass to be opened from today at Wakad. Traffic going towards Kothrud, Baner, Katraj to be diverted via underpass to join NH4.

Can we hope for some relief during rush hours due to this ?

Last edited by athanedar : 10th June 2015 at 13:19.
Old 3rd July 2015, 09:36   #1807
BHPian

Got an office email altering about an incident yesterday

.... there have been incidents of associates getting into trouble with villagers on that road, under any pretext, the latest being yesterday at around 8 PM when an associate driving a car was stopped for hitting a dog. He was surrounded by a crowd, beaten, threatened and money was extorted on that pretext.

In the light of such incidents, it would be better to avoid using the Chande Nande road especially after dark, and use the main routes such as Hinjewadi -Wakad road.

Last edited by trakesht : 3rd July 2015 at 10:02. Reason: Typo
trakesht is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 7th November 2015, 21:25   #1808
BHPian

Revving an old thread. However, just want to share minor accident/incident happened to me last night, and how Hinjawadi locals helped me get some money from the cab driver.
A cab driver hit my car from behind, near Bhumkar chowk, when my car was stand still due to the traffic ahead.
The cab driver was drunk and was trying to make way from the leftmost lane (or so called lane/space left for 2 wheelers) and came crashing in to my car. For a moment, I was not able to identify as to who hit my car. I got down to check, and asked a biker as to who hit me, as my car had moved few feet ahead, so there was no direct contact of any vehicle with my car , I mean no vehicle was in contact with my car to make out who was the culprit. He told me that the cab has hit me. I went to the cabbie, and can sense immediately that he was drunk. I tried nabbing his keys and he struggled. Finally I got hold of his remote locking remote and 2 hinjawadi locals to came to my help.
We were able to manage getting his cab away from the road, and got hold of his license. After some heated arguments, he agreed to pay Rs 5000 (though this amount is no where close to the repairing figure, but something is better than nothing). I thanked the locals for their help (a really nice gesture for coming to my help, esp. when I was at no fault).

Few images of the damages. Will have to get those repaired in coming week now. Boot door is not opening and has bent over - thats the major damage. Rest all are relatively ok, as they will be replaced (atleast I feel so) and will bo covered in the insurance.
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img_20151107_081614.jpg  

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img_20151107_081624.jpg  

Last edited by trave11er : 7th November 2015 at 21:29.
Old 30th November 2015, 12:43   #1809
BHPian

Chande-Nande road traffic is likely to be affected after 1830 today. There is a local Urs celebration planned along with a procession.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th May 2016, 18:13   #1810
BHPian

Wow ! No post in this thread for 6 months !! Looks like either the hinjewadi traffic issues have been solved (:P) or people have become so used to it that complaining is boring now.

Anyway, I will be joining my new company in blue ridge and I was looking at metro zip as an option. I will be travelling from DSK dhayari so there is only one bus available which leaves dhayari at 07 am and the return bus starts at 05.39pm. Unfortunately, people in the new company do not start to arrive till 10am so I do not think this is going to work and I will have to drive.

Anyone using metrozip from dhayari/sinhagad road area ? Would like to know your experiences.
Old 7th May 2016, 07:53   #1811
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Wow ! No post in this thread for 6 months !! Looks like either the hinjewadi traffic issues have been solved (:P) or people have become so used to it that complaining is boring now..

I live in Viman Nagar and finally after 4 years of driving to Hinjewadi, I have found a sustainable alternative

PMT has started AC coaches from Airport to Hinjewadi and it passes my house, these are AC buses with well cushioned seats, ample leg space and storage space for your luggage

I see within few months it is gaining popularity with the daily commuters to Hinjewadi, a monthly pass costs Rs3000/- which saves me at least 5k a month compared to using my own car

Sent from my iPad using Team-BHP
Old 21st July 2016, 12:24   #1812
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
Wow ! No post in this thread for 6 months !! Looks like either the hinjewadi traffic issues have been solved (:P) or people have become so used to it that complaining is boring now.
We have become so used to it , and have accepted it as a way of life. As long as we have the tendency to be undisciplined , things are not going to improve. (Which means they are never going to improve)

On the other hand, does anyone know if there is an alternative way from Blueridge SEZ to the highway ? Given the current traffic situation on the NH4 bypass , does it make sense to go from Blueridge PH1 -> PH-3 -> Nande Chande-> NH4 from Sus and there onwards , if one wants to save time in the evening ?
Old 21st July 2016, 13:09   #1813
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
On the other hand, does anyone know if there is an alternative way from Blueridge SEZ to the highway ? Given the current traffic situation on the NH4 bypass , does it make sense to go from Blueridge PH1 -> PH-3 -> Nande Chande-> NH4 from Sus and there onwards , if one wants to save time in the evening ?
There is one via Ghotawade Phata, but I guess it would be too much of a difference in distance to be used on a daily basis. Also, no idea how the road is from Phase 3 till Ghotawade Phata.

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/Hi...d18.506527!3e0

Cheers,
Vikram
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 24th August 2016, 21:25   #1814
Senior - BHPian

Guys beware of traffic in and around Hinjewadi tomorrow. With dahi handi lot of celebrities have been invited and there is bound to be a huge crowd to see them.

Yesterday itself there was a Jam from Infosys ph2 onwards at 10.30pm
Old 25th August 2016, 12:58   #1815
Senior - BHPian

Our office timings officially end at 4.45pm today. We have received an email from the facilities team saying that massive celebrations are planned through the Gaon and there might be huge traffic congestion.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks