Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th February 2017, 12:38   #1846
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Digging work has now been extended to the base of the Wakad Bridge. Jams now extend all the way upto the Hinjewadi Chowk during evening hours (7~7.30 PM). Suggest use alternative routes through Bhumkar chowk if you need to join the highway.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 15:01   #1847
BHPian

Guys need help. I will be travelling to Hinjewadi Phase 3 for next 15 days from Swargate in my car. I am very much aware of the traffic jams starting from Sus road, Audi showroom and Hinjewadi phase 1 and 2. I could see 2 options to reach phase 3 by avoiding these traffic jams. Could you please suggest are these routes in good conditions to travel. My travelling time would be 10:30 AM and returning back after 8:30 pm.
Route 1- Pashan Sus road-> Nande-> Chnade-> Phase 3
Route 2- Chandani chowk-> Bhugaon->Pirangut-> Phase 3
Old 12th May 2017, 15:34   #1848
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by CrazyToDrive View Post
My travelling time would be 10:30 AM and returning back after 8:30 pm.
Route 1- Pashan Sus road-> Nande-> Chnade-> Phase 3
Route 2- Chandani chowk-> Bhugaon->Pirangut-> Phase 3
I take Route 1 daily from Bavdhan (Route 2 is an overkill and will not save you any time or effort). The route till Chande village is fine and then you have the most excruciating kilometre or two where all you have a series of potholes and broken road. But it does help in peak hours especially since the highway is severely bottlenecked around Pashankar Auto and the regular road to Hinjewadi is blocked typically at Shivaji chowk as well as Wipro circle these days.

I would not advise taking that route on your return trip because you said you will start after 8:30 pm. There are stretches that are dug up and extremely dangerous in low light to someone unfamiliar with the terrain (just saw a truck overturned there yesterday). Rather take the left after Emcure that bypasses Mezza9 and connects directly to Bhumkar Chowk and the highway. In fact even in the morning, since you're travelling after 10:30 am, I would suggest you just stick to the regular Hinjewadi road.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th May 2017, 19:09   #1849
Senior - BHPian

Guys any news on the bridge that was to come up over the river behind kul echolok?
Old 2nd June 2017, 16:48   #1850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vibbs View Post
Guys any news on the bridge that was to come up over the river behind kul echolok?
Yes, it will be completed very soon along with other fast moving PMC projects like the Pune Metro, efficient and profitable PMPML, waste disposal and village mergers.

The cops are in overdrive these days under the Wakad-Hinjewadi bridge. Three times in a row cars in front of me were stopped by cops who jump into their way, latest being today morning. Not sure if they are due to tints or for any other reason. Even a lady was caught and her films were being ripped off by a cop. All MH12 registered fairly older vehicles. Mine has tints too, light ones, which I havent bothered to remove after the ban came into effect.
Old 5th June 2017, 09:53   #1851
BHPian

The cops only catch such vehicles. If they even a bit of guts up their rear, I would ask them to first catch the plenty of white fortuners, scorpios, safaris etc which bear a political symbol. I have noticed plenty of vehicles with extremely heavy tints drive up rashly that too in front of cops and they keep staring at the sky like idiots. In Fact the tints are so dark that you cant see a thing inside the car.
Old 6th June 2017, 15:38   #1852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I have noticed plenty of vehicles with extremely heavy tints drive up rashly that too in front of cops and they keep staring at the sky like idiots.
Because :

http://punemirror.indiatimes.com/pun...w/58967207.cms

In the evenings, "Locals" , for lack of a better word, very coolly drive from Persistent right upto Shivaji chowk, where they turn right towards shell, all of it on the wrong side, and in their ultra dark tinted Swift/Baleno/Scorpio/Fortuner/Creta. The cops dont bat an eyelid. Got several such incidences captured on my dashcam.
Old 7th June 2017, 09:26   #1853
BHPian

A regular case actually. Unless a PI level person comes up, no one really bothers. Its when you have the PI (full khaki uniform), that things seem a bit better. Also the above incident is not specific to Hinjewadi alone. You can see similar ones near Dange Chowk, Wakad, Kaspate Wasti etc. Heavy tints, wrong side driving and many other traffic rules go out of the window and cops aren't bothered in catching these people. They are more focused on catching the IT wale as if they catch locals, all they will get is the lines from the locals hands printed on their faces. The major reason for this is the political a**holes who support these gundas for vote bank politics
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:15   #1854
Senior - BHPian

Ever since Wipro circle has been reduced, people have resorted to driving on wrong side while going towards Wipro Circle ph2.

This is the case even when there is no traffic on the legal side of road. Just a case of bad habits.
Same is the case with people getting down on waked flyover, two wheelers blatantly drive on wrong side inspite of lean traffic.

The so called traffic police is never present at Wipro circle.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 23rd November 2017, 16:34   #1855
BHPian

Has the reduced radius of Wipro Circle helped in lesser traffic blockages? Also, I have noticed third lane being added to existing road towards Wipro Circle.

I travel to Phase-1 via Mezz9, but have noticed considerable reduction in overall traffic in Phase-1 crossroad/intersection/chowk. Are the above factors responsible for traffic reduction?
Old 23rd November 2017, 17:15   #1856
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
Ever since Wipro circle has been reduced, people have resorted to driving on wrong side while going towards Wipro Circle ph2.
This was started by the cops themselves if I am not mistaken. When there were huge jams, the cops themselves kept cones and asked people to drive wrong side till wipro to clear off the traffic.

The same is also followed in the evening between wipro and the new road near HDFC. However like you said, people use that route even on other days when there is not much traffic
Old 29th November 2017, 13:10   #1857
BHPian

Would like to share a recent incidence that happened with a lady colleague of mine.

She took an abrupt left turn on the (new) road that starts from Iternia (Opp. HDFC) & eventually joins the square after Mezza 9- leading to Bhumkar chowk. She was on the extreme right lane. Did caused the moving traffic to stall for some time & resulted in lots of honking.

To her surprise she was greeted with traffic cops at the left turn. Stopped & was asked for documents of the vehicle. When her registration details were verified, by some device that these cops were holding, she was informed that she already has two offences marked against her car for crossing the white line & waiting on Zebra crossing at Shivaji chowk; & another case of driving off when lights were red somewhere in Aundh. She questioned this & was eventually shared high resolution images of her both the offences. In total she was fined for 900. Payment was done electronically (No cash) & her's & her husband's mobile number & emails were fed into "some database". Her's is a MH14 SUV.

The officer informed that we were not able to contact you as we did not had any contact numbers. Now that we have your details mapped against this registration, you will automatically get an SMS or an email with proof of any violations you do in future along with link to pay your fines online. He also requested if they had any other vehicle registered to their names, they can share it voluntarily, or else their "analytics team" will derive automatically.

So beware if caught once you might have your history opened in front of you. Police is going high-tech. Though I am sure none of us would land in such situations, but worth informing others to at least prevent the traffic violations.

These days I also see cars & bike being chained that are parked on the road outside Quadron, & have heard that same is being done to 2 Wheelers around Infosys (someone please verify the infy part.).

Regards,
Saurabh
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2017, 14:19   #1858
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
So beware if caught once you might have your history opened in front of you.
I think it should show up in the traffic violation portal if you give your vehicle number. I understand that in this case the lady might not have checked it but I keep doing that once a while just to be double sure. Thankfully none for me yet.

However, our other vehicle had a fine but then that is also driven by the drive and few family friends/relatives to borrow it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
These days I also see cars & bike being chained that are parked on the road outside Quadron, & have heard that same is being done to 2 Wheelers around Infosys (someone please verify the infy part.).
I am not sure why this is being done when people have no other space to park. Public transport is pathetic and office spaces have limited parking availability. What does a person do in such a case? Where does he/she park if the guard does not allow you to go in because of a chocked parking? Cops must be asked to answer these questions before chaining vehicles
Old 2nd December 2017, 08:25   #1859
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
I think it should show up in the traffic violation portal if you give your vehicle number. I understand that in this case the lady might not have checked it but I keep doing that once a while just to be double sure. Thankfully none for me yet.
I believe you are referring to the portal below:

https://punetrafficop.net/payechalla...3ddfaa2866990e
AutoIndian is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th January 2018, 10:47   #1860
BHPian

Hi All,

Any information on what is police up to, by setting up a check post immediately after Bhumkar chowk on road heading towards Dange chowk.
They have set up barricades, which make the right turn very difficult to maneuver on new road. This is causing traffic to move slowly after Bhumkar chowk, specially tough for those who have to enter waked using this road via Good Samaritan School.

Images attached for reference.

This can also be taken as an advance warning for any planning to use this road now.

This post is not directly linked to Hinjewadi, but for one of the busy roads the commuters take to enter Hinjewadi. Hence posting here.
Can be moved or deleted if found irrelevant here.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-bhumkar.png

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-bhumkar2.jpg

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 12th January 2018 at 10:54. Reason: Image Re-alignement

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks