Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 12th January 2018, 10:52   #1861
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I too noticed a similar one in a by lane in wakad which is not even a main road. This is at the point between Goldfinger Avenir Wing A and B in the below link. SOrry cant attach screenshots due to office restrictions

https://www.google.co.in/maps/@18.59.../data=!5m1!1e1

EDIT - BTW, on another note, now in the morning we can heavy traffic at Infosys circle after crossing the traffic at Wipro circle. Apparently Infy Admin has closed the entry on the ETZ route and now all their vehicles are coming on this route. If this is true, I have only one thing to say - way to go Infy Admin, in making other peoples life miserable.

Last edited by centaur : 12th January 2018 at 10:54.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st February 2018, 11:11   #1862
BHPian

Hi All,

Anyone coming to Hinjewadi Ph-III (Tech-M, TCS, Megapolice etc) via the Maan Road from PH-1, please be informed that the bridge next to Maan Devi Mandir is closed for Widening/Repairs. No confirm information on when will this be open for regular use.
People reaching here & travelling ahead will need to take the diversion through the village, which has some really narrow roads, sharp turns. Has one ugly incline as well. just pray to god that there is no oncoming vehicle (especially not a village resident) while you are ascending. Road is tooo narrow & you will have to stop right in the middle of incline. Those not comfortable on such scenarios (-NOM-) will not like it & may face trouble.

Google has marked this as closed only this morning. What I recall we were not allowed travel on this bridge from 25th Jan. Had to go via Mahalunge to reach Wakad.

If coming from PH-1 take a right from the temple towards the Govt. School. 500 Meters after this right that you will have a choice to take left & reach the circle after Quadron, using a very bad road or take a right to "route52" (route with 52 speed breakers) & reach next to Karolbagh restaurant. Then travel on your route.

Those coming from PH-III to PH-1, have no choice. Or can use the above route in reverse.

Ironically, the road is now in an excellent condition from PH-III to Maan & Some part after Maan. Still under construction till PH-1. A bad patch near "Scrum" where another bridge is being widened.

Regards,
Saurabh

Last edited by saurabh2711 : 1st February 2018 at 11:21. Reason: Spell Check--200
saurabh2711 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 2nd February 2018, 14:41   #1863
Senior - BHPian

Any idea for how long the "bus lane" barriers are going to remain in place ? They are all over the place now, leading to uneven carriage width and poor lane discipline (ha!).
Is it even enforced anymore ?
Old 27th April 2018, 20:21   #1864
BHPian

The traffic signal at Laxmi Chowk in Hinjewadi phase 1 is now active.

https://goo.gl/maps/vzwFnVfDUkt

Now, the new road connecting Laxmi Chowk to Hinjewadi Phase 2 road is open, Traffic density between Laxmi Chowk and Bhumkar chowk is increased. Many of my colleagues travelling from Baner side prefer this route than phase 1 road. Also, during peak traffic bottleneck near Pumpkin patch school gets worse.
Who_are_you is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 20:58   #1865
BHPian

I have got job offer from Hinjewadi based company. I live near wagholi, so home and work place will be extreme ends of the Pune city.

This company does not have own bus / car service, and I read lot of negative reviews about metrozip.

Is wagholi to Hinjewadi feasible on daily basis without own car?
Old 17th May 2018, 21:04   #1866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by techcoze View Post
Yes, if you are working in shifts you can drive down to office, since traffic would be quite less.

Metrozip has a 2pm ride as well, so if you are working in 2pm shift this is good for you. If you are working 9 to 6 than god save you.

How do you plan to travel without you own car? PMPML?
There would be a carpool group in your office which you can join.

Note :
Bridge next to Maan Devi Mandir is still closed for Widening/Repairs, but the road leading to it in both directions is super smooth.

Last edited by silverado : 17th May 2018 at 21:06.
silverado is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 17th May 2018, 21:33   #1867
BHPian

Quote:
I have got job offer from Hinjewadi based company. I live near wagholi, so home and work place will be extreme ends of the Pune city.

This company does not have own bus / car service, and I read lot of negative reviews about metrozip.

It depends if you would like to spend daily 3~4 hours in bus stuck in traffic Jam.

I have done Hinjewadi Phase 1 from Hasapsar for 6 months. :(

Managed last 3 months as used to leave by 5.30 Metrozip while coming back.
Old 17th May 2018, 21:43   #1868
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Who_are_you View Post
It depends if you would like to spend daily 3~4 hours in bus stuck in traffic Jam.

I have done Hinjewadi Phase 1 from Hasapsar for 6 months. :(

Managed last 3 months as used to leave by 5.30 Metrozip while coming back.
is MetroZip reliable for daily commute? I won't mind traffic, but if bus itself is not coming on time / giving abrupt surprised of cancelled bus then that can be big issue.
Old 18th May 2018, 09:10   #1869
BHPian

Metrozip is more or less reliable. However, considering the distance you will end up traveling, it would a complete PMC and PCMC darshan of sorts!

Is relocating somewhere close to Hinjawadi an option for you? Just a thought:
If you own the Wagholi home, you can probably rent it out and get a house close to Hinjawadi on rent. No profit no loss kind of situation + you would save a lot of time and energy on the commute + you would get more time with family!!

Just my two cents worth ....
Old 18th May 2018, 09:44   #1870
BHPian

Quote:
is MetroZip reliable for daily commute? I won't mind traffic, but if bus itself is not coming on time / giving abrupt surprised of cancelled bus then that can be big issue.
It's very reliable, never faced any issues like cancelation. Sometime, it get delayed by 5~10 minutes due to traffic. Also, they had launched a app to track real time status of bus, not sure if it is still working.
Old 1st June 2018, 19:18   #1871
Senior - BHPian

Finally it rained in Pune, and it was extremely heavy rain.

Today I was travelling from wakad to CDC at 6pm. This being opposite side of traffic, I never expected to get stuck. I was wrong. It took me 1 hour by scooter

Wrong side drivers had left one narrow lane for traffic to pass by ( from Wipro circle onwards ).Ofcourse there were no policemen to control this mayhem.

People in pune have accepted wrong side as a way of life and hence no one bats an eyelid when this happens
Old 1st June 2018, 19:24   #1872
BHPian

Since it rained, I was expecting heavy traffic as is the norm with Pune each and every year. I started checking google maps and my guess was right. It was complete chocked including the side that you mention of, and I thought it would be because of wrong entrants as there was no other way for a jam in that area. Your post confirms my thought!
As a matter of fact am still in office just waiting for the traffic to clear so that I can leave for home. Every year when it rains for the first time, Punekars go crazy and start leaving office as if a Tsunami would come soon
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 4th June 2018, 12:54   #1873
BHPian

I too had a horrendous time navigating through the traffic on Friday. I have a weak knee and it starts to ache pretty bad if I have to use the clutch more often. It took me almost an hour and a half just to cross bhumkar chowk from Infosys circle.

Wrong side driving has become like a right these days in hinjawadi and it irritates me to no limits. Don't know where everyone wants to go inside hurry?

Fortunately, the empire state flyover is operational now and it took hardly tens minutes from rosewood hotel till my home near Thermax Chowk.
ObsessedByFIAT is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2018, 10:52   #1874
BHPian

Just an update.. The Bridge at Maan Gaon is now open for traffic on both side. Road on both sides is well. This can be an alternate now for people travelling to PH-II & III.
The traffic on this road has already increased.
Old 3rd July 2018, 12:56   #1875
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
The Bridge at Maan Gaon is now open for traffic on both side. Road on both sides is well. This can be an alternate now for people travelling to PH-II & III.
The traffic on this road has already increased.
Please be double cautious while using this road. Locals can stop anywhere on the road at anytime without any sort of intimation and even if its their fault, you are the one who will get hurt (and into big trouble) the most. Kids dont bat an eyelid before spilling onto the road while playing and its YOUR responsibility to take care that you do not hit them because if you do........ (you will be the horse in this emoji) and I aint kidding a bit here. Please be extra cautious while using this road.
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks