Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th April 2011, 14:23   #226
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
To the traffic experts in Hinjewadi
I am considering a job offer in your 'ilaaka'. While there are other deal breakers, I would also like to know how much time I need to allot for a daily drive from Kothrud to Hinjewadi Phase 3.
If I am not asking for much, can you let me know the time that would be requried for a 9am to 7pm shift and a noon to 10pm shift. I would think the afternoon/ UK shift would allow for a quicker commute, but I would like to hear it from the proverbial horses' mouths!
The NH4 run is pretty much consistent (15-20 mins) from Chandni Chowk to Wakad or Mycar.

I will suggest the Orange route mentioned couple of posts before.
From Kalakhadak underpass (MyCar showroom) to phase 2, it takes me about 20 minutes, give or take couple of minutes. This is at about 9 AM.

Return journey , starting just before 7 from Ph2, I hit Mezza9 about 10-15 mins later. Another 10-15 minutes to get to NH4 and a 15 min run to Chandni Chowk.
Old 20th April 2011, 14:31   #227
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
To the traffic experts in Hinjewadi
I am considering a job offer in your 'ilaaka'. While there are other deal breakers, I would also like to know how much time I need to allot for a daily drive from Kothrud to Hinjewadi Phase 3.
If I am not asking for much, can you let me know the time that would be requried for a 9am to 7pm shift and a noon to 10pm shift. I would think the afternoon/ UK shift would allow for a quicker commute, but I would like to hear it from the proverbial horses' mouths!
I think if you have an option and are willing the noon the 10 PM shift is the best. Less Stress, more FE, less chance of vehicle getting damaged because of errant bikers/6 seaters. All in all ideal time as per me.

By the congrats on the job offer.
Old 21st April 2011, 09:42   #228
BHPian

@Selfdrive - Consciously timed myself driving home last night - moderate speeds.

Phase 2 - 9:23 PM
Wakad overbridge - 9:43
Merge into NH4 - 9:46
Chandni Chowk - 9:55

hope this helps!
Old 21st April 2011, 10:29   #229
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I think if you have an option and are willing the noon the 10 PM shift is the best. Less Stress, more FE, less chance of vehicle getting damaged because of errant bikers/6 seaters. All in all ideal time as per me. By the congrats on the job offer.
Thanks Amit, but I think I am not going to pursue this offer further due to some other reasons (not monetary or travel!)
I will keep this in mind when I consider any job in Hinjewadi in the future!

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
@Selfdrive - Consciously timed myself driving home last night - moderate speeds.
Phase 2 - 9:23 PM
Wakad overbridge - 9:43
Merge into NH4 - 9:46
Chandni Chowk - 9:55
hope this helps!
thanks again mmxylorider! this is probably one of the things which I realised with tbhp; that we end up remembering and doing something for a fellow bhpian based on a single comment or query, truly amazing
It will certainly help me sometime in the future; more so if someone refers me internally :wink wink
Old 5th May 2011, 10:33   #230
Senior - BHPian

<rant>
Can anyone tell me the exact purpose of the cop posted at the point where the Wakad flyover joins the Hinjewadi Road ?
He stands there in the blazing sun, asking the traffic joining in from NH4 to move as far left as possible and...umm..nothing else. I see no perceptible drop of jams because of this. And I hence feel sorry for the guy. Motorists like two wheelers hardly even listen to him.
</rant>

PS : I had a relatively free run on my way to work today, even though a cyclist did not heed to my turn indicator when I was turning in my campus and hit it as a consequence. No damage done.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:41   #231
Distinguished - BHPian

Hmmm any idea why traffic was so light today? Which company has a holiday today ?

Edit: Manufacturing industry holiday and hence traffic light? Wow in 2 years I had never observed that! You learn something new every day

Last edited by noopster : 5th May 2011 at 11:50.
Old 5th May 2011, 11:44   #232
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Hmmm any idea why traffic was so light today? Which company has a holiday today ?
Thursday is off for manufacturing industry in here. Primarily because power is suspended for the whole day. So Thursdays, if you observed carefully, are generally with lighter traffic.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th May 2011, 11:48   #233
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thursday is off for manufacturing industry in here. Primarily because power is suspended for the whole day. So Thursdays, if you observed carefully, are generally with lighter traffic.
I wish that was the case here in town, at least for some less traffic if nothing else
Old 5th May 2011, 11:59   #234
BHPian

Have you noticed that the small divider thingys at either end of wakad overbridge are history! Why they were put up in the first place is an open question.

Also noticed divider blocks stacked near HJW chowk yesterday. I've not been taking this route for a while now but looks like some road improvements might be happening.
Old 5th May 2011, 14:52   #235
Senior - BHPian

Drive to office today weas a breeze. Right from the dreaded main chowk till DLF- All in 4th gear! Never, I repeat NEVER ever has this happened before.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:01   #236
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Drive to office today weas a breeze. Right from the dreaded main chowk till DLF- All in 4th gear! Never, I repeat NEVER ever has this happened before.
Chalo is baat pe party ho jaye, looks like everyone is happy today

Btw on every thursday if you come around morning elevenish you will have the same feeling everytime.
Old 5th May 2011, 15:09   #237
Senior - BHPian

I came in at 9.30 and it was still empty! Wakad bridge to PH-1 was <5 mins. Buttt... even then I saw some people crossing over on the wrong side, the bikers. And could accomplish nothing,as I was able to keep up with them even in my car on the correct side. Maybe its almost a habit for some people.
Old 5th May 2011, 16:18   #238
BHPian

Absolutely Correct Sajo, I can vouch that going wrong side is a habit, its done by every body educated-uneducated. I travel daily but opposite to traffic, 2-3 wheelers are tolerable but i get annoyed when cars start to come on wrong side just to overtake 1-2 more vehicles. Traffic on Bridge takes all 3 lanes some times 4.

I cant understand why people take a u turn infront of petrol pump on Wakad Side to go towards baner instead they can turn left then go under the bridge towards baner/pashan that would be safer and much more easier.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:10   #239
Senior - BHPian

Any idea why there was so much traffic today on the roads? I crossed Hinjewadi chowk at 9 AM and then there was a big jam right from Tata Johnson all the way to Wipro. On reaching Wipro did not see any accident or truck being stalled on the way. So this was puzzling.
Old 6th May 2011, 11:20   #240
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Any idea why there was so much traffic today on the roads? I crossed Hinjewadi chowk at 9 AM and then there was a big jam right from Tata Johnson all the way to Wipro. On reaching Wipro did not see any accident or truck being stalled on the way. So this was puzzling.
I assume you entered our campus from Wipro side. This morning there was a Tempo traveller with a crushed front side on the road leading from Phase 3 to the Wipro circle. This was around 8:30ish.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks