Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 27th May 2011, 15:34   #256
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I hate all the people wanting to take the U-Turn after the flyover to get onto NH4 towards Kothrud, especially during the peak traffic hours.
I am so with you on that one dude! It totally chokes the traffic up especially on the bridge.
There is even a big board there (albeit, in Marathi/Devnagari) pointing towards the road one should take if one needs to go to Baner/Katraj.
Old 27th May 2011, 15:43   #257
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by pjbiju View Post
I hate all the people wanting to take the U-Turn after the flyover to get onto NH4 towards Kothrud, especially during the peak traffic hours. The U-turns disrupt traffic on both the sides.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
It totally chokes the traffic up especially on the bridge.
Why dont they just make a fix divider out there (using protable Barricades in PUNE is just useless ) no body cares of it .

The traffic was a breeze when they implemented the plan a few months back when no U turn was allowed either at the crossing or the red light that follows . The only way to go to Kothrud / Baner / Highway was the LEFT turn . Why the authorities had to allow the U turn is still a question ?? Influence is it
Old 31st May 2011, 11:57   #258
BHPian

Finally today was a day of exception , NO wrong side allowed in the morning . People commuting from wrong side were made to take U turns and get into the correct lanes . The result was a Massive Pile up on the roads . Couldn't understand if it is good or bad . Moreover with the pile up increasing traffic guys again relaxed the flow by allowing people to go wrong side . Can't understand " What are they upto and when these educated Formula 1 drivers would learn patience " .

Pathetic traffic sense of Pune rocks . Moreover the poor infrastructure makes the scenario like " Is raat ki subah nahi " ( Theres no ending to this ) .

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 31st May 2011 at 11:59.
jealousdiamond is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 12:10   #259
BHPian

It happened coz in morning around 9.30 they tried to fine people, but later they just guided all people to be in there lane, this has eased trafic pile up at hinjewadi gaon signal. Also eased way for people going from hinjewadi towards pune like me. Due to it there might be smother drive on road towards phase 2 &3.

Also some stupid guys wanted to go towards MYCAR from wakad signal from wrong side and this stopped a bus then whole traffic stopped behind this bus coz of it, trafic warden is just looking at that place with any actions. As JD said People should understand the morning rush and avoid breaking rules & learn patience.
Old 31st May 2011, 14:44   #260
Senior - BHPian

The traffic pileup today morning was huge! My foot actually started hurting from all that clutch movement. Even if people initially were not allowed to move to the wrong side of the road as per their habit, it didnt stop some morons from switching over further down the road.
Why the sudden spurt of activity by the traffic police though? Did some local Hinjewadi strongman's vehicle get hit by something coming in from the wrong side ?
Old 31st May 2011, 16:10   #261
Distinguished - BHPian

It was thrilling to see the vehicles on the correct side for once. I saw a biker angrily gesture at the traffic warden for not letting him go to the wrong side!

@sajo- that U-turn immediately after descending the birdge is now legal. It defies all sense since it cause a huge pileup as you rightly pointed out. But considering that most vehicles used to U-turn there illegally the authorities probably just decided to take the soft option and make it legal. Only in India...!
Old 31st May 2011, 17:34   #262
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@sajo- that U-turn immediately after descending the birdge is now legal. It defies all sense since it cause a huge pileup as you rightly pointed out. But considering that most vehicles used to U-turn there illegally the authorities probably just decided to take the soft option and make it legal. Only in India...!
Ohh is it ? I didnt know. Have they removed the U-turn banned board from there? It was still there sometime last week when I saw it. The least they could have done it is shifted the point a bit ahead.
If it is legal , I was khaali phokat taking the left turn even at 2 AM and taking the service road.
Old 31st May 2011, 19:15   #263
Distinguished - BHPian

Yes the illegal U-turn sign is history. There is a weird sign there now saying "Baner, Kartaj saathee rasta" pointing left- I had no idea that road goes anywhere. Most people self included thought they ran out of signs and were using a left-pointing one instead of one that showed a U-turn

It's really silly to have a U-turn so close to the end of the flyover- they should just seal it off and have the earlier U-turn reinstated.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 31st May 2011, 19:32   #264
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Why dont they just make a fix divider out there (using protable Barricades in PUNE is just useless ) no body cares of it .
Quote:
There is a weird sign there now saying "Baner, Kartaj saathee rasta" pointing left- I had no idea that road goes anywhere.

It's really silly to have a U-turn so close to the end of the flyover- they should just seal it off and have the earlier U-turn reinstated.
Exactly !! BTW that left turn goes through the inner service road to open under the Wakad bridge , IMHO .
Old 31st May 2011, 19:46   #265
Senior - BHPian

Pedestrians!

Just wanted to point out that it is incredibly tough being a pedestrian in Hinjewadi too. Atleast in phase 1.
I often go out on foot , in the evenings , for the usual Chai/sutta (for others, me no smokey) , or for other misc reasons, and its very difficult to cross the road. The traffic is constant, motorists dont care about pedestrians at all, and in places where there is no traffic cop, I am certain that one day I am going to be mowed down.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:16   #266
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Exactly !! BTW that left turn goes through the inner service road to open under the Wakad bridge , IMHO .
JD i have reported it long time back, but seems very less people take that inner service road. Yesterday evening my life is spared by a lady taking that UTURN.

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
I cant understand why people take a u turn infront of petrol pump on Wakad Side to go towards baner instead they can turn left then go under the bridge towards baner/pashan that would be safer and much more easier.
Old 1st June 2011, 11:29   #267
Senior - BHPian

One day a pile up and the next day its all well!
Today there was absolutely no pileup (apart from the usual chowk). Not a single vehicle going in the wrong direction! This is what happens when the authorities show some muscle. I likes!

Ojas, i completely agree on the hell for pedestrians part! It is extremely difficult to cross the road, especially in Phase 3 since the roads are wider and super!
Old 1st June 2011, 11:40   #268
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today there was absolutely no pileup (apart from the usual chowk). Not a single vehicle going in the wrong direction! This is what happens when the authorities show some muscle. I likes!
You dreamer you! There were a few "intrepid" souls that dared venture on the wrong side. I saw a white Figo tentatively inching his way in the right lane and it was fun to watch him squirm as trucks and buses roared past barely missing him

One of these days I am going to witness an accident and it isn't going to be pretty
Old 1st June 2011, 11:44   #269
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Yes the illegal U-turn sign is history.
I just posted a question regarding the same on Pune Traffic Police's BF page.
They are pretty active there, and hopefully , we may get an answer on this soon.
Link to their page : Pune Traffic Police - Government Organization - Pune, Maharashtra | Facebook

BTW, the lack of congestion on HJW road was compensated by super congestion on NH4, just after Baner. This happened at around 9.30 AM. No idea what the reason was, just that it was a first gear crawl throughout.
Also saw a rear ending of a govt. SX4 by a truck, which inturn rammed the truck ahead.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:03   #270
BHPian

^^^ around 8:30 this morning, there was a truck with a bashed Front left side near the median. traffic was crawling that time. Looks like the SX4 thing happened afterwards.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks