Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st June 2011, 12:15   #271
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

The hold up was because a Test Mule had rammed into something. I guess he was testing the top speed and braking I could see the driver then checking the damage at the front.

Sorry could not take any pictures. This was around 9.00 AM on NH4. Was trying to figure out which test vehicle it was. Shape resembled a Xylo type vehicle.

Did anyone else see it?
Old 1st June 2011, 12:15   #272
Senior - BHPian

I received a reply from Pune Traffic Police:

Quote:
हिंजवडी ब्रिज खाली U-Turn घेनेस परवानगी आहे परतू हिंजवडी ब्रिज जेथे संपतो व NH4. जेथे सुरु होतो तेथे U-Turn घेनेस परवानगी नाही तसेच सदर ठिकाणी दोन कर्मचारी नेमण्यात येतात. तरी आपण अधिक माहिती साठी पी.एस.आय.श्री.आंधळे,हिंजवडी वाहतूक विभाग यांना मो.न. ९८२३५२२०२१ वर संपर्क साधू शकता.
Translated :

You can take the U-turn below the Hinjewadi Flyover, but its not allowed where it ends and joins NH4. At the mentioned point, 2 officers are appointed. Even then, for further information, you can contact P.S.I. Andhale, Hinjewadi Traffic division on his cell number 9823522021.

EDIT : Amit, could be Force Motor's offering or it could be the new Mini-Xylo itself.

Last edited by sajo : 1st June 2011 at 12:17.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:28   #273
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I received a reply from Pune Traffic Police:

Translated :

You can take the U-turn below the Hinjewadi Flyover, but its not allowed where it ends and joins NH4. At the mentioned point, 2 officers are appointed. Even then, for further information, you can contact P.S.I. Andhale, Hinjewadi Traffic division on his cell number 9823522021.

EDIT : Amit, could be Force Motor's offering or it could be the new Mini-Xylo itself.
That was quick , but to what I understand we are talking about the U turn when we descend the Wakad bridge not under it . The U turn under the bridge as mentioned by the TP is that just opens in front of Punjab Exotica . while coming from Hinjewadi

Last edited by jealousdiamond : 1st June 2011 at 12:43.
Old 1st June 2011, 12:40   #274
Senior - BHPian

Ojas, that was quick! Good to see Pune T.P. on the job!

OT: "घेनेस"! Seriously! Whatever happened to good ol grammar? .

I suppose we should save the number of the cop into our phones. In emergency, we can at least get through to one person!
Old 1st June 2011, 12:59   #275
Senior - BHPian

Over the last 3 evenings I have noticed a lot of cops (not the traffic guys but those in khaki) at various points on Paud Road. Is this the case on the bypass too? Does anyone know the reason for this?

The first couple of days I presumed somebody would be visiting, but this seems to be more regular now. If I see them again today I may be tempted to ask them directly

Last edited by selfdrive : 1st June 2011 at 13:10. Reason: typo corrected
Old 1st June 2011, 13:06   #276
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Over the last 3 evenings I have noticed a lot of cops (not the traffic guys but those in khaki) at various points on Paud Road. Is this the case on the bypass too? Does anyone know the reason for this?

The first couple of days I presumed somebody would be visiting, but this seems to be more regular now. If I see them again todya I may be tempted to ask them directly
Well it seems to be the case almost across the city . I have seen the same enroute Khadki ,Vimaan Nagar , Airport Road , Wanowrie . There seems to be some activity going on .
Still thinking looking at the numbers of police guys standing on each road , does Pune have that much of a Police force or they are sourced
Old 1st June 2011, 14:10   #277
Senior - BHPian

Well looks like it is a pile up day today. Another pile up happened at around 1000hrs just before that bridge(bridge over the water body, just before you turn left for hinjewadi). The road there caved in to create what seems like ulta speed breaker, any unsuspecting vehicle moving at normal speed may even break its axle and I have seen 2 major accidents happening in that area as speeding vehicles suddenly slow down and may cause pile up, I really get extra cautious near that place!
Old 1st June 2011, 14:26   #278
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
... enroute Khadki ,Vimaan Nagar , Airport Road , Wanowrie . There seems to be some activity going on...Police force...
Our honorable Mrs President is scouting for a bungalow plot here to settle after retirement. The news is out in ToI Mirror When Prez is pensioner, Pune will be her paradise, News - Latest - Pune Mirror,Pune Mirror . Hence, the policemen everywhere. I was caught up in this traffic melee near Khadki PS day before yesterday.

-BJ

Last edited by bj96 : 1st June 2011 at 14:27. Reason: typo
Old 1st June 2011, 14:31   #279
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Yes the illegal U-turn sign is history. There is a weird sign there now saying "Baner, Kartaj saathee rasta" pointing left- I had no idea that road goes anywhere. Most people self included thought they ran out of signs and were using a left-pointing one instead of one that showed a U-turn

It's really silly to have a U-turn so close to the end of the flyover- they should just seal it off and have the earlier U-turn reinstated.
That is a loopback. The road comes and joins the service road which had huge potholes on them. That is a problem especially in the night.
By the way I had a chance to go straight down the flyover towards Jagtap dairy on that pathetic road which is being widened so haphazardly. There is no way they are going to finish it before it starts raining. And then once it does I am sure all that traffic will be coming to Hinjewadi either via KalewadiGinger hotel or Baner....that is going to be prime SUV testing ground courtesy lousy PCMC
Old 1st June 2011, 14:57   #280
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by bj96 View Post
Our honorable Mrs President is scouting for a bungalow plot here to settle after retirement.

-BJ
Oh so it again appears to be the case of those White flagged cars . What rubbish it is . I just fail to understand why cant our VIp convoy move like the convoys move in countries like UK/US. Instead of blocking the way for hours the Pilot cars/ bikes just block the way as the VIP cars cross by . Nothing is disrupted and everybody has peace of mind .

When would we learn . On the other hand who in this world would be stupid enough to enter the VIP cadre and risk himself , presuming these guys are not at risk whatsover

Quote:
Originally Posted by ambivalent_98 View Post
that is going to be prime SUV testing ground courtesy lousy PCMC
Yeah yeah , now that I have a SUV , thats a relief
Old 1st June 2011, 15:22   #281
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
That was quick , but to what I understand we are talking about the U turn when we descend the Wakad bridge not under it . The U turn under the bridge as mentioned by the TP is that just opens in front of Punjab Exotica . while coming from Hinjewadi
From what I understand, they mean "after the bridge" when they say "below the bridge". After the brdige is anyways below it. Below the bridge is their own Police chowky. Thats the conclusion I reached.

Also, I had posted the location as seen on google maps to help them understand my post better too.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ojas, that was quick! Good to see Pune T.P. on the job!

OT: "घेनेस"! Seriously! Whatever happened to good ol grammar? .

I suppose we should save the number of the cop into our phones. In emergency, we can at least get through to one person!
Swanand, they are pretty prompt in responding on Facebook. Kudos to them. This is not just for queries, but for offences reported too.
And I think घेनेस resulted out of the fact that the grammatically correct term would be kinda hard to type in devnagari.

PS : There was yet another rear ending, I guess at the spot mentioned by Anil , wherein in 2 company guys were arguing by the side of the road, near the Octroi post. One of them was an Alto.
Old 1st June 2011, 15:31   #282
Senior - BHPian

Ojas, yeah that grammar part would hold true. Typing in Devnagri, most of the times results in this. Anyways, that was OT, so why discuss it further .

Yeah, saw those guys arguing near the Octroi post. One was an Alto and another a Xylo (or Scorpio).
Today seemed to be a day of rear ending. One was the Govt vehicle near Balewadi and this was the other! Apart from that, saw broken glass quite a few times on the stretch.

What are we coming to? Accidents hapening every single day on the by pass.
Old 1st June 2011, 16:25   #283
Distinguished - BHPian

Why is typing घेण्यास so difficult? Took me 5 seconds in Quillpad!

Also, that U-turn they are talking about is IMMEDIATELY after descending the bridge- it is the illegal one where vehicles cut into the oncoming lane and then take a sharp U at the base of the flyover (mostly bikes and Indicabs do that these days). What we are discussing is the one slightly ahead, where the left turn takes you back to the service lane. It had an "illegal" sign till a few days back which has now vanished. There is a THIRD U-turn spot a little further on, where the building was demolished that should be the place where all vehicles U-turn causing minimal disruption!
Old 1st June 2011, 17:32   #284
BHPian

Lucky me for taking the orange route back these days. I used to take the U right at the cross roads after descending the flyover. I used to see cars bikers and all taking the U when the barricades were moved apart (under the 'U not allowed' sign. I recollect someone posting that it was acceptable there and the removal of the sign is a good confirmation.
Old 1st June 2011, 21:19   #285
Senior - BHPian

An Update :

Cops had sealed off that U-turn. Caused an even bigger jam on the bridge, as people waited to take the turn a bit further down the road.
Confused me a bit as well, as I had to inconvenience some motorists , even though I was taking precautions, by changing lanes and then taking the "बाणेर कडे" service road.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks