Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 10th June 2011, 10:22   #346
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ojas: Meant to ask you for a long time now...
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Oh Boy he works with probably the IT division ....
Shh....not so loud dude... . All I can say that I have a pretty good view sitting at my desk. Okay, thats not exactly true, I sometimes I have stand up too. But still...

Quote:
Huge traffic jams before the octroi post bridge. The road before the bridge caved in causing the vehicles to slow down and people are soon joining from the service roads causing chaos. Was stuck and it took at least 20-30 minutes more than my normal time.

I for one, took the service road, and was out of the mess in about 2 minutes. There were cops standing at the exit on the highway, even in the pouring rain, manning traffic. Which is a darned good thing!
Perhaps we should now start taking the service road by default after the Baner flyover, because jams have started becoming a daily thing.
I want to lodge a citizen's complaint to the PMC regarding the caved in road. But for roads, it gives me two options, Main Building or Ward office. There is no option for Bridge. Which one should be chosen ?

Register Complaint :: Grievance Redressal System
Old 10th June 2011, 17:07   #347
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
'Hinjewadi First’ starts off on 10th June 2011 with a peaceful gathering at Hinjewadi. We appeal to you to step out of your campuses on the streetsat 5 pm and hold placards to voice our demands. The movement will be followed by an address by the key members of HIA and the unveiling of the ‘Hinjewadi First’ logo on I2IT premises.
Its 5 pm...anybody protesting ?
I see a few protestors (4-5 of them) on the road, but unfortunately, due to pouring rains nobody is stopping or even looking at them.
Old 10th June 2011, 19:00   #348
Senior - BHPian

@sajo - What is the traffic update for the evening? I am planning to leave at the usual time at 7.30 PM based on this week's experience.

Apologies if i am bothering you with this but you are to be blamed. You have been giving perfect udpates regularly
Old 10th June 2011, 19:16   #349
BHPian

Our planners always under estimate buying capacity of citizen. Further, they never plan for good public transport when they plan for new settlement. (They should have planned Metro rail from Hinjawadi to Pune and at that time they could have built it on surface like railway which is cheapest option)

And finally they do not understand priorities. e.g. The fly over at Wakad junction should have been on the highway flying over traffic to Hinjawadi and the road from Aundh to Hinjawadi should have been 8-12 lane instead of present 2/4 lane. Now unless PMPML starts good AC bus service as promised, everyone working in Hinjawadi will have to live with the traffic jams and day by day they will get worse as many new facilities and townships are coming up in that area and beyond.
Old 11th June 2011, 23:01   #350
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
@sajo - What is the traffic update for the evening? I am planning to leave at the usual time at 7.30 PM based on this week's experience.

Apologies if i am bothering you with this but you are to be blamed. You have been giving perfect udpates regularly
Ha ha! To tell you the truth, I myself sneaked out at 6.30, to promptly arrive at the nearest traffic jam.
Hinjewadi First has some media coverage today, but I doubt its going to have its intended impact.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:33   #351
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Huge traffic jams before the octroi post bridge. The road before the bridge caved in causing the vehicles to slow down and people are soon joining from the service roads causing chaos.
An Update: Just noticed this cave-in at the bridge has been patched up.Thumbs Up to PMC/PCMC (whoever it is)

Actually today morning I was already breaking at this point anticipating it, to my surprise it was already patched up completely
Old 14th June 2011, 11:41   #352
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
An Update: Just noticed this cave-in at the bridge has been patched up.Thumbs Up to PMC/PCMC (whoever it is)

Actually today morning I was already breaking at this point anticipating it, to my surprise it was already patched up completely

Yeah, observed it myself too. Really good to see a proper patch up work implemented.
Old 14th June 2011, 11:43   #353
Senior - BHPian

Did anyone notice the discipline in todays traffic?

There were traffic wardens on all points where the median is divided for a turn. All those coming from the wrong side, were made to wait till the people on the correct side of the median passed!

Also, road widening work has begun on the road just after Hinjewadi chowk. This would certainly take care of the bottleneck thats caused in front of Mezza9. Only problem being, they have begun the work when monsoons are right here.
Old 14th June 2011, 12:09   #354
BHPian

Quote:
Did anyone notice the discipline in todays traffic?

There were traffic wardens on all points where the median is divided for a turn. All those coming from the wrong side, were made to wait till the people on the correct side of the median passed!
Yup, traffic is disciplined today till Hinjwadi-Wakad Bridge. But on the bridge people covered all the lanes, not ready to move even when a costruction truck is coming directly on them. Taken 20 mins to cross bridge. Spotted Dueller later while he is taking U-turn in pimple nilakh after copa-cabana.
People only follow rules when there is a cop standing infront of them. Regarding there selfdiscipline its like .
Old 15th June 2011, 10:37   #355
BHPian

Hi guys,
Have been following this thread with interest since some time. I also travel on this route daily (sometimes by car and sometimes by bike)

I think we should set up a group on twitter where we can give constant updates to each other about the traffic situation everyday. So on some days when one of us leaves early and encounters a massive traffic jam somewhere we can simply tweet this to other BHPians' advantage ? Or once a person has reached home he can tweet his traffic situation on a particular route.

What do you guys think ? We can float this across a lot of IT companies and have a big group of people giving us live updates. I think there is a way to tweet without requiring a GPRS connection and by simply using the SMS facility on our phones
Old 15th June 2011, 12:23   #356
Senior - BHPian

^^ Thats a good idea PuntoMania.
However, why tweet when we have our own local version of Twitter here, on the forum. His name is @Sajo .
He does give updates as and when they happen and we simply follow his instructions and act accordingly!
Old 15th June 2011, 12:28   #357
Senior - BHPian

Encountered this force mini bus today on the road that leads to Infy phase1. This moron was trying to overtake a large group of cars driven disciplined by going on the other side of the road and trying to merge back. The first time he tried to do it, I just kept my lane and did not budge when he was trying to merge, he ended up on the divider, I felt bad and was thinking I could have just let him go and just as I entered lemon tree, I saw him ending up on the divider AGAIN, this time I din't do anything he was just trying to revenge me and I dint even look at him and he ended up on the divider. Funny fellow!
Old 15th June 2011, 12:35   #358
BHPian

^^ Bro beware before you get into tussle with these guys. Their vehicles are not theirs, they are mere appointed drivers, so they have nothing to loose.

Secondly, first get your 0 dep insurance in force before trying any stunt of such kind.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 15th June 2011 at 12:41.
Old 15th June 2011, 14:33   #359
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Encountered this force mini bus today on the road that leads to Infy phase1. This moron was trying to overtake a large group of cars driven disciplined by going on the other side of the road and trying to merge back.
No offense meant, but it seems like these funny drivers are being all attracted to you like magnets
Jokes apart, the impatience among fellow drivers is really grating on the nerves. Especially when people start creating lanes where none exist or try to merge from the 'wrong side' or honk incessantly.
for some reason, I am beginning to believe matters are better inside Pune city than on the bypass. Should I be grateful for my city commute? I hope I havent spoken too soon!
Old 15th June 2011, 16:17   #360
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
However, why tweet when we have our own local version of Twitter here, on the forum. His name is @Sajo .

On another note, I think I am going to start using company provided bus service for transport. As of now I kept postponing it to "next month" , but it will save me thousands in unwarranted expenses and a lot of headache.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks