Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th June 2011, 16:37   #391
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
At both these points, there is a small problem though : If you're getting off the bridge from the left lane, you suddenly find yourself in the middle of 3 lanes and are pinched from both sides. The same thing happens at the Hinjewadi signal as well. Buses from the left most lane and cars from the right lane will pinch you, so you have to be careful not to get a nice little scratch on your car from either side.
Very true, my good old Santro left with a broken OVRM and a scratch while getting off the bridge. Driver of the water tanker had absolutely no clue that a car is being sandwiched. If there is a bus or truck on the right most lane then allow it to go through (if you love your car). The width of the road just off the bridge doesnt allow a car and a bigger vehicle to go side by side.. lesson learnt the hard way
Old 28th June 2011, 17:16   #392
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
If it was black with awesome alloys, it is anilisanil.
Nope, wasnt black, I think it was "chill" colour (is that biege ?)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
PuntoMania , I join from the NH4 onto the Hinjewadi main road while coming in. The reason I stick to the middle or the right most lane because I have to head straight from the signal (and not take a left towards Infy PH1).
Sajo,
I dont think its necessary to stick to the middle or right lane at the bridge when you're joining from NH4 is it ? There is plenty of room to switch lanes once the road becomes 3 lane wide near D-mart, I think you should do that to get to your office faster.

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Very true, my good old Santro left with a broken OVRM and a scratch while getting off the bridge. Driver of the water tanker had absolutely no clue that a car is being sandwiched. If there is a bus or truck on the right most lane then allow it to go through (if you love your car). The width of the road just off the bridge doesnt allow a car and a bigger vehicle to go side by side.. lesson learnt the hard way
Sad to hear about that. But the design of that road is such that it is designed to wreck car paint and car doors. The road where you get off the bridge changes abruptly from 4 lanes to 2 in peak to peak traffic. It is a sure recipe for disaster. I make it a point to wait and allow 2-3 cars to go through from either side before slotting in behind one of them... but its sometimes quite unnerving to do it.

Whats worse is that there is a temple built immediately on the left side of the road at the point where the bridge joins the road, which I think makes the road widening there very difficult if not impossible. I'm pretty sure that the temple is built on illegal land but now it cant be demolished else it will become a huge political issue. Whoever built it did it not with the intention of serving God but only his own pockets.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:43   #393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Nope, wasnt black, I think it was "chill" colour (is that biege ?)
That Figo has been spotted and reported in the "spottings" thread many times, no response yet.

Quote:
Sajo,
I dont think its necessary to stick to the middle or right lane at the bridge when you're joining from NH4 is it ? There is plenty of room to switch lanes once the road becomes 3 lane wide near D-mart, I think you should do that to get to your office faster.
Sure, I can move to the leftmost lane and get upto the Shell bunk, chowk, fast, (or faster, comparatively), but then i will have to cut across several lanes again in bumper to bumper crawl to get back to the lane I want to be in.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:49   #394
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
That Figo has been spotted and reported in the "spottings" thread many times, no response yet.
This guy was "spotted" by me in DLF Akruti. Stopped and asked to check if he is a BHPian. He did tell me his handle, cant remember it now. Must be a non active member.

Quote:
Sure, I can move to the leftmost lane and get upto the Shell bunk, chowk, fast, (or faster, comparatively), but then i will have to cut across several lanes again in bumper to bumper crawl to get back to the lane I want to be in.
I agree, the best lane to be in , is the center middle. Thats the only one where there are RELATIVELY sensible drivers. The problem with the extreme right lane is, once the median is over, the wrong siders merge with the right most lane, causing a chaos in the chowk.
The extreme left is also a problem, as two wheelers, cabbies and what nots try to squeeze in non existing gaps.
Old 28th June 2011, 17:56   #395
Senior - BHPian

Just came across this- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...g-traffic.html
and

this- TRAFFIC WAVE EXPERIMENTS

I do not know about people behind me, but I do practice this while returning and I presume it causes uniformly moving traffic. strongly suggest all Tbhpians reading this to try, you may encounter a silly jerk to cut into your lane because of the gap you maintain, but you can just ignore him and try.

I am indeed surprised to see that I have been doing this w/o a conscious effort to do so (patting myself )
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th June 2011, 18:58   #396
Senior - BHPian

Dont move out right now guys, huuuuuuuuuge traffic pileups, as far as the eye can see along the Mezza9 route. I am assuming things would be no different along the main hinjewadi road. Will have to wait till things clear out.
Old 29th June 2011, 09:46   #397
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Just came across this- http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/techni...g-traffic.html
and

this- TRAFFIC WAVE EXPERIMENTS

I do not know about people behind me, but I do practice this while returning and I presume it causes uniformly moving traffic. strongly suggest all Tbhpians reading this to try, you may encounter a silly jerk to cut into your lane because of the gap you maintain, but you can just ignore him and try.

I am indeed surprised to see that I have been doing this w/o a conscious effort to do so (patting myself )
Very interesting article ! Thanks ! But I doubt this will work especially in Hinjewadi, because there are always people waiting to cut into an empty space as soon as they find one - or honk like mad men behind you if they see a large empty space in front. Worth giving it a try though
Old 29th June 2011, 09:51   #398
BHPian

Guys, found a new route to travel to and from Hinjewadi. This is a road less travelled and completely traffic free. The road is bad for 1-2 kms but otherwise a well tarred road. It might be 4-5 kms extra than the current one, but guaranteed lesser time. It is especially beneficial for people who DO NOT use Dange chowk route or Wakad.

From Hinjewadi - go to phase 3 - till TechM office, take a left from TechM office, go straight, again left once the road ends, then take a right where a LHS board says "Chande" (its a village). Go straight for 3 kms and then take a left turn, then just follow the road and you will reach Sus road/Pune-Bangalore highway. You would completely avoid whole Hinjewadi traffic, and come across super green fields, with mountains at one side and clouds lying lazily around them. But there is a bad stretch for 1-2 kms along the way. But the key thing is traffic is very very low - at times, you will realise you are the only one plying on the road.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 11:11   #399
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Guys, found a new route to travel to and from Hinjewadi. This is a road less travelled and completely traffic free. The road is bad for 1-2 kms but otherwise a well tarred road. It might be 4-5 kms extra than the current one, but guaranteed lesser time. It is especially beneficial for people who DO NOT use Dange chowk route or Wakad.

From Hinjewadi - go to phase 3 - till TechM office, take a left from TechM office, go straight, again left once the road ends, then take a right where a LHS board says "Chande" (its a village). Go straight for 3 kms and then take a left turn, then just follow the road and you will reach Sus road/Pune-Bangalore highway. You would completely avoid whole Hinjewadi traffic, and come across super green fields, with mountains at one side and clouds lying lazily around them. But there is a bad stretch for 1-2 kms along the way. But the key thing is traffic is very very low - at times, you will realise you are the only one plying on the road.

I use this road daily as it is the same distance for me from either side of phase 3, no prizes for guessing where I work

3-4 th gear driving with speeds between 40-50 kmph constant trouble free until Hinjewadi chowk.

Other information:

TechM to Hinj chowk via village 7.8 Kms

TechM to Hinj chowk via normal route 7.6 kms

Hinj to TCS via village 8.2 Kms

Hinj to TCS via normal route 6.3 kms

Hope that helps!

Edit: The one that Rahul Sinha tells is a different route, but it was not motorable when I tried it the last time, I will have to check this once again. Thanks Rahul! And by the way when going from TechM office and taking left and 3 km straight you should take a right, taking a left there would take you to TCS DLF.

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th June 2011 at 11:20.
Old 29th June 2011, 12:16   #400
BHPian

@Rahul_sinha/@anilisanil

Now I am confused as to which roads you are alluding to. A map would be helpful.

I don't mind trying this alternate route just to get a feel of it. Xylo should be at home on those roads
Old 29th June 2011, 12:28   #401
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
@Rahul_sinha/@anilisanil

Now I am confused as to which roads you are alluding to. A map would be helpful.

I don't mind trying this alternate route just to get a feel of it. Xylo should be at home on those roads
Rahul is referring to this:

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-tbhp-1.jpg

You need to go straight at the dhabha that you encounter at Sus road exit to Highway.

I am referring to this:

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-tbhp2.jpg

You need to go straight at the Infosys phase 1 circle to avoid phase2/phase 3 traffic.

Hope this makes it clear.

Edit: Point B is same in both the maps, just that they are zoomed to different levels.

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th June 2011 at 12:30.
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 12:52   #402
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Exactly what I had in mind. Either you, with your Xylo or @jealousdiamond with his Safari can test this route. Both the cars will be at home on the road .

Also, if you do take that route, please update us if sedans with low GC would be able to make it.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:05   #403
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
But the key thing is traffic is very very low - at times, you will realise you are the only one plying on the road.
Not any more! now that the info is on public domain, we will make sure that you have some company on the road and possible traffic jams in near future. This discovery of a new road is more important than Apollo landing on moon for us poor IT souls of Hinjewadi.
On a serious note, thanks for sharing. I used that road once but it was in a very bad shape.
There are few possible access roads to Hinjewadi which can be developed quickly to solve the traffic issue but seems the politicos/builders have minted enough from this side of Pune.
They will now focus their attention on creating another IT Park aka 3M (Money Making Machine).
Old 29th June 2011, 13:13   #404
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Exactly what I had in mind. Either you, with your Xylo or @jealousdiamond with his Safari can test this route. Both the cars will be at home on the road .

Also, if you do take that route, please update us if sedans with low GC would be able to make it.
Swanand, GC is not an issue, I have plied on this route on Alto (GC: 160) and Cruze (GC: 165) without EVER scraping the bottom.
You can happily drive to glory. Monsoon makes this route even more attractive.
rahul_sinha is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 29th June 2011, 13:16   #405
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
Not any more! now that the info is on public domain, we will make sure that you have some company on the road and possible traffic jams in near future. This discovery of a new road is more important than Apollo landing on moon for us poor IT souls of Hinjewadi.
On a serious note, thanks for sharing. I used that road once but it was in a very bad shape.
There are few possible access roads to Hinjewadi which can be developed quickly to solve the traffic issue but seems the politicos/builders have minted enough from this side of Pune.
They will now focus their attention on creating another IT Park aka 3M (Money Making Machine).

Agree with you on the various access routes that could have been made, but alas. The best one in my opinion 'would' have been from Mhalunge to Mann gaon, had driven on my Yamaha to search for this route as it would have been the best"est" for me, but reached a river bank with 1/10th bridge on it.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks