Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th June 2011, 13:25   #406
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

HJW traffic is getting more and more ridiculous.

Today between Wakad flyover and HJW chowk, a grey Swift knocked mirrors with my Swift. The impact was quite hard and snapped his own mirror in completely (surprisingly mine didnt move). I was in the leftmost lane stationary waiting for traffic to start moving and this guy was in the middle lane. He came to a halt and presumably stared at us (couldn't tell because tinted windows were up). We waved him on and he continued. Later we thought perhaps he was checking to see if we were all right, though that seems unlikely.

That's one rear-end, 2 near-misses and one mirror-bender in the space of a month or so! Most of them happened at zero to ten kmph speeds, no fault of ours. This seems to suggest that the ones driving aggressively/dangerously are the ones that are safest! (tongue firmly in cheek here, please don't report this post!)

Edit: reaason I posted that is that any road other than Wakad-HJW chowk is welcome. Will try that route out one of these days!

Last edited by noopster : 29th June 2011 at 13:29.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:31   #407
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Edit: reaason I posted that is that any road other than Wakad-HJW chowk is welcome. Will try that route out one of these days!
How about now? Let's all meet up at phase three and try that road. A drive meet, eh?

I see the Swanand is in and so am I. Any other takers?

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th June 2011 at 13:51.
Old 29th June 2011, 13:46   #408
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
How about now? Let's all meet up at phase three and try that road. A drive meet, eh?

Now, isnt that something to make this dull Wednesday afternoon an exciting one!.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:00   #409
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
HJW traffic is getting more and more ridiculous.
Today between Wakad flyover and HJW chowk, a grey Swift knocked mirrors with my Swift. ...
Tell me about it man. Today I was coming to HJW from the Orange route (Since I saw that the flyover was jammed up) , and in that narrow winding potholed road, a light blue Nano was being driven extremely aggressively, like driving straight into incoming traffic , trying to bully your car etc. For all his aggressiveness and rashness, he couldnt cross more than a couple of car lengths. There was a couple in the car.
What I dont understand is, why dont people realise that vehicles are moving at the reason which they are for a reason(its not like anyone had stopped to admire the scenery), and their stupidity is just making things worse for everyone.
Bus Pass, here I come.
Old 29th June 2011, 14:55   #410
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
What I dont understand is, why dont people realise that vehicles are moving at the reason which they are for a reason(its not like anyone had stopped to admire the scenery), and their stupidity is just making things worse for everyone. Bus Pass, here I come.
Maaan, I was thinking on the same lines on my way to work. There was this MH14 registered SX4 that was being driven wildly between RTO/ Sangam bridge and Bund Garden road. The driver gave a new benchmark to aggressive posturing and risky overtaking, at leats in my eyes.

The worst part was that despite all this, he remained behind my sedately driven car. Of course, some of it has to be attributed to my knowledge of the road, but whats the point in driving like this to gain (or lose in this case) a few metres?

I may be off the mark, but I have seen some MH14s being driven pathetically over the last few days in the city. Is it just an unfortunate sample I have seen or do they not understand how to drive in b2b traffic?
No offence intended, I was a MH14 bike owner not so long ago too.

Edit: guys, if you do make a meet out of it, please take some pics for those not in the area; I promise I will bring you pics of any meet this side of town (whenever the 3 of us can agree on a common date/ time!)

Last edited by selfdrive : 29th June 2011 at 14:56.
Old 29th June 2011, 17:56   #411
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Now, isnt that something to make this dull Wednesday afternoon an exciting one!.
You guys left already?
Old 29th June 2011, 18:08   #412
Senior - BHPian

Now there is going to be a traffic jam on that road. Already me and xylorider would be following Rahul in the evening.

@Rahul - Called up xylorider and informed him about the plan. He would also join us. I hope you don't mind 2 cars tailgating you.
Old 29th June 2011, 18:25   #413
Distinguished - BHPian

Hehe. Tell me how it goes. Am going regular route today- have a guitar lesson to give. My first in quite a while so very excited! Don't want to get lost and arrive covered in mud an hour late!
Old 29th June 2011, 19:12   #414
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
You guys left already?

No I haven't yet, call me if you are yet to leave, I am ready to leave.
Old 29th June 2011, 19:20   #415
Senior - BHPian

Good! Now I will have fewer cars on the Mezza9 route on my way back , since a big convoy is set to not take that road today.

OT : As per the Central Motor Vehicles rules act , 1989, on any public road, a vehicle should have its front headlight beam's throw in excess of 8 meters , blinding oncoming vehicles. Within City limits, all the vehicles have to run their beams on "lo" .
Old 30th June 2011, 07:15   #416
Senior - BHPian

Tried the new route yesterday evening along with Rahul and mmxylorider.

+ Points: No traffic, No Pollution, Scenic, No anger and frustration

- Points: Bumpy ride and not a good road in some stretches. GC is not a problem but suspension would be tested.

I would prefer to take this road when i know beforehand that there is a pileup in Hinjewadi. Now that is the tough part. Sajo need regular updates from you for this.

Thanks Rahul for being the lead car.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th June 2011, 09:02   #417
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

- Points: Bumpy ride and not a good road in some stretches. GC is not a problem but suspension would be tested.

I would prefer to take this road when i know beforehand that there is a pileup in Hinjewadi. Now that is the tough part. Sajo need regular updates from you for this.

Well, for a change, I had company on the road less travelled
Completely agree with Amit on the road conditions. Sadly we dont have a predictive algo to tell us abt traffic jam, which is invariably everyday

So, I would suggest this route just to unwind, I myself do not use it on a daily basis.
Old 30th June 2011, 09:17   #418
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

Good to meet you guys!
some more information:
1. This route adds about 5 kms, starting point being Phase 2 Infosys circle.
2. I observed my speed to more or less around 40-50 mark. Given there is no traffic, one can maintain 40 odd without the need to up/down shift.
Old 30th June 2011, 10:59   #419
Senior - BHPian

Hey Guys, from your description , it sounds like my car's hard suspension will not give me an easy ride on the mentioned route. Since I travel from Phase-1, may not be the best route for me.
Anyways, from tomorrow onwards, I will be chauffeured in someone else's vehicle burning their fuel, while I will probably doze in the backseat!

PS : I am talking about Bus.
Old 30th June 2011, 12:24   #420
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Anyways, from tomorrow onwards, I will be chauffeured in someone else's vehicle burning their fuel, while I will probably doze in the backseat!

PS : I am talking about Bus.
That is good for you.

So now we would not get any traffic updates from you?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks