Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:19   #526
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
There is a dahi handi being planned somewhere near Hinjewadi chowk from 4 pm onwards .
I think all buses atleast from phase 2 are going to be diverted from mezza9 itself.
Brace yourself for some major jams today. I would advise leaving early from office.
Ohh is it ? I see no more congestion (than usual) right now.

OT : Hinjewadi gets Vivek Oberoi. Others get Zarine Khan. Not fair.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
try and avoid the Kinara Hotel chowk. Seems there are 3-4 Dahi Handi pandals and expect the situation to be chaotic.
Uhh ohh. What about people like me and amitwlele who live bang in the area.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
@sajo- filled up at Shell myself as well. I just wait till the row of cars is broken by a two-wheeler and then edge in- they are easier to bully!
Ohh is it ? I did see a white Vento with a black rubber door liner queued up for air when I pulled in for fuel. Didnt pay any attention because I was excited about getting back my 3 rupees which they overcharged last time around.

Last edited by sajo : 22nd August 2011 at 18:21.
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:22   #527
Senior - BHPian

Guys any traffic updates near phase 1? noopster and I are planning to go via Nande-Sus road, which means some back breaking
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:22   #528
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Guys any traffic updates near phase 1? noopster and I are planning to go via Nande-Sus road, which means some back breaking
Traffic is light boss. Save your back and take the Mezza9 route. I plan to do the same in about 2 minutes.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 18:29   #529
Distinguished - BHPian

Thanks Sajo. Yup that was probably me. Can't believe I keep my eyes skinned for your Swift everyday and miss you when you're right next to me LOL.

Swanand says he is at Hjw chowk and route is clear, so am headed out too! My back thanks all of you
Old 22nd August 2011, 22:43   #530
BHPian

Road was surprisingly clear when I left 6:30 ish. Well, my luck did not last long and about half a klick from my house, I was stuck on the NDA road near Axis bank for 30 mins!! Should've taken the highway.
Old 22nd August 2011, 23:01   #531
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Road was surprisingly clear when I left 6:30 ish. Well, my luck did not last long and about half a klick from my house, I was stuck on the NDA road near Axis bank for 30 mins!! Should've taken the highway.
I was stuck for more than 15 minutes with just 200-300 meters to turn for my house(near more or SBI branch). Car did not move an inch, so did the dreadful act of going those 200 meters on the wrong side and did a quick turn!

Damn, I am a hypocrite!! :(
Old 23rd August 2011, 10:51   #532
Senior - BHPian

Well Well, all our fears of Dahi handi creating traffic ruckus were false alarms. At least prima facie, that is what it looks like. No traffic in Hinjewadi (other than usual) and nothing near Kinara hotel either. Looks like the cops did put up a good show.

Today morning, some rucukus was being created near the HP pump opp Courtyard Marriott. A few cops were having an argument of sorts with the guys working at the bunk. BTW, our hero, the cop was also present there.
Old 23rd August 2011, 11:14   #533
Senior - BHPian

The traffic build up started only after 8 pm. My colleagues who started off at around 8 pm reached there homes in Aundh etc only after 10.30 pm.
Old 24th August 2011, 10:39   #534
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today morning, some rucukus was being created near the HP pump opp Courtyard Marriott. A few cops were having an argument of sorts with the guys working at the bunk. BTW, our hero, the cop was also present there.
Well, sometimes the queues of HCVs heading into the bunk block an entire lane, leading to blockage. Not that it would have anything to do with yesterday's ruckus.
Also, it looks like the fear running into our hero cop is making even 6-seaters and shared rickshaws drive on the 'correct' side of the road.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:01   #535
Senior - BHPian

@Sajo: True. Most of the company busses block an entire lane while heading into the bunk. Yesterday morning's argument also seemed to be for the same reason.

The cop was present in front of IOC pump Phase 1 today morning, making sure, no one tried taking the wrong route. Even people filling in at IOC were asked to go till Soundarya Hotel for a UTurn.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:06   #536
Senior - BHPian

Huge traffic jam today from Wakad JN itself. The traffic queue started piling up at the HP pump itself.
Old 24th August 2011, 11:25   #537
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Bala are you serious? You take this much time to return back every day. I guess Hinjewadi folks are better off.
I took that much time to return on that day, usually it takes about 1 hour 15 minutes. Since the rains have let up, I have switched to my bike and I am home in about 40 minutes. Not ideal, but better than wasting an hour of my life everyday.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
OT : Hinjewadi gets Vivek Oberoi. Others get Zarine Khan. Not fair.
Uhh ohh. What about people like me and amitwlele who live bang in the area.
There seems to be a major issue at the Gujarat colony chowk on Paud road for the last 2 evenings. I was on my bike, but I gusse cars would take at least 15 to 20 minutes to pass that chowk. I wonder what you guys will do till the WIP is completed. What are they trying to do there anyway? Is it another mini flyover that has not been sanctioned?

By the way, I dont think the likes of Mr. Oberoi or Ms. Khan should be let loose on unsuspecting people.
Old 24th August 2011, 13:25   #538
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post

There seems to be a major issue at the Gujarat colony chowk on Paud road for the last 2 evenings. I was on my bike, but I gusse cars would take at least 15 to 20 minutes to pass that chowk.
I guess that must be because of the Dahi Handi Pandals which are being dismantled.
Old 24th August 2011, 18:01   #539
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I guess that must be because of the Dahi Handi Pandals which are being dismantled.

Or the Ganpati pandals that are coming up on every nook and corner of that road. That is going to be another headache in the days to come.
Old 25th August 2011, 15:19   #540
Senior - BHPian

Today saw our hero cop tackling a different problem on the Hinjewadi stretch.

After the chowk and before KPIT we have a long queue of 6 seaters blocking one lane completely because of haphazard parking. Today our man with his danda was making sure that they park in one line and as much away from the carriageway as possible.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks