Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 20th August 2010, 09:45   #46
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Has the problem managed to somewhat solve itself ? (touch wood).

By 8.30 AM, I had locked my car and was on my way to my desk. The story was the same over the past 3 days.
Is this your normal commute time? Most company bus timings are planned to have them reach the company at about 8:15-8:20. Generally, if you can cross the hwy to hit the Hinjewadi road about 8:15 ish, it will take you another 10 mins at most to reach phase 1.

For me, leaving home at 8:00 - reach office at 8:30.
Leave home at 8:30, reach office at 9:30
Old 20th August 2010, 11:13   #47
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@sajo. seems people have converted the weekend to long weekends with i-day and ramzan/parsi new year. Wait till monday!
Old 20th August 2010, 12:24   #48
BHPian

Wow, a thread about the road used everyday and I missed it completely.

I have been driving to Hinjewadi for the past 9+ years and it has gone from good to bad to worse to crazy and now there is some improvement, still not good enough though.

There are 3 routes which is use to reach into Hinjewadi, refer to the attached picture, not very good quality though (I come from Pashan side, yellow colour arrow):
1. Normal route (Orange Colour): left from Hinjewadi flyover. If you have road rage then best to avoid unless you are coming before 8 AM and leaving after 8 PM or if you are lucky, leaving between 11 AM - 4:30 PM
2. Through Hinjewadi Gaon (Blue Colour): go straight from flyover, take left after MyCar Maruti showroom, follow straight road into Hinjewadi gaon, take right from inside the gaon to reach before KPIT or go straight into Hinjewadi chowk. The road is pot holed and is narrow too.
3. Directly to McDonalds/KPIT (Green Colour: go straight from flyover, take left after MyCar Maruti showroom, then take right after 50 metres. This road is used mainly by trucks and there is an octroi naka where traffic gets stuck at times. But road is good, so this is best of both the worlds, longer definitely

To be very honest, all 3 are very unpredictable.

@ sajo: some of the companies had holiday on account of Parsi New Year on 19th (TCS, Tech Mahindra, etc), so the traffic was light

@ sanstorm: can you please advice on the distance from Pashankar till Phase 3 and the quality of the road
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjewadi.png  

Old 20th August 2010, 12:35   #49
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Meer View Post
2. Through Hinjewadi Gaon (Blue Colour): go straight from flyover, take left after MyCar Maruti showroom, follow straight road into Hinjewadi gaon, take right from inside the gaon to reach before KPIT or go straight into Hinjewadi chowk. The road is pot holed and is narrow too.
This is a good option, once the road widening and resurfacing is complete. I talked to one of the contractors and he mentioned that the resurfacing is planned post monsoon. Of course, there is no plan yet for the culvert towards the HJW chowk side and that will continue to be a problem.
For people who need to go to Ph1, the straight option is blocked in the morning. You need to take a right, and approach Ph1 from the back side (Mezza9, Geometric etc).
This is still quicker though as compared to the Orange route if the traffic on Orange is what we have been seeing over the past few months - especially during 8:30 am to 9:30 am.
Old 20th August 2010, 15:29   #50
BHPian

@mmxylorider: That's good news, lets hope for the best.

Worrying sign is that the speed at which the construction of new Phases is happening in IT park, I dont think the existing infrastructure is going to cope up.

They need to come up with multiple entries into Hinjewadi from Balewadi and from Sus atleast. But the biggest challenge would be to build bridges on the river and so this dream is not going to get fulfilled soon.

I generally come into office around 8 AM and leave by 5-5:30. Any delay at both ends would cause bouts of depression + stress + anger rolled together
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:25   #51
BHPian

Had gone to Hinjewadi today. Why on a Sunday, you ask? Going off thread, Mezza9 is a reasonably ok restaurant.

Anyways, It appeared that that MIDC was sealing off the median gap opposite the HP pump and creating a new one a little further towards HJW. So now instead of a direct right to enter Mariott, folks will take a 'U' cut across from the right lane to left lane and get to work.

Not sure if I get the logic. I might be mistaken as well with this. Tomorrow will tell.
Old 22nd August 2010, 22:39   #52
BHPian

Hey ! Not all roads in Hinjewadi are bad or conjested.Here is one:
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-photo-0040.jpg  

Old 22nd August 2010, 22:59   #53
Senior - BHPian

hinjewadi road is worst in the night.

I have no intention to offend anyone (i am IT professional too), but i have so much anger and frustration that i cant help saying it here.

Most of the so called IT literates are very illiterate when it comes to road manners and driving skills. When it comes to buying a car they have lots of money but no brains to drive them properly.

more than 85% of the public driving in hinjewadi area drive with headlights on HIGH BEAMS.

When you blink your lights and request them to lower them these junks dont even have manners to lower the beam. In the first place i dont understand why they drive in high beam when the traffic is crawling at 20-40kmph max.

One day i asked the security gate person to stop and tell everyone with high beam to kindly use low beam,to my shock they told me that almost all were on high beams.

I think we need to initiate the patent Chain Mail in every organisations in hinjewadi.

Even when i go to remote places in my native even the illeterate taxi/truck drivers also have enough courtesy to lower the beam when requested too but in HINJEWADI it will never happen.

Last edited by amit_mechengg : 22nd August 2010 at 23:03.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:01   #54
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Had gone to Hinjewadi today. Why on a Sunday, you ask? Going off thread, Mezza9 is a reasonably ok restaurant.
I had gone to Hinjewadi yesterday. Why on a Saturday , you ask ? Me too going off thread, to meet some considerably non-okay deadlines.

Anyway, they are also extending the road dividers upto the chowk when you are on the side of the road going towards Mezza9.

Also, if they seal off that opening near Marriot , I think it will just result in more people going wrong side than taking a u-turn. Besides, the guy taking a legit U-turn for that purpose will be scared of running into a guy coming really fast from the wrong side of the road.

@amit : Let me narrate an incident when a friend was dropping me home. "Why you driving on high beam ?" , I asked. "Huh ? Because its night! And whose coming from that side? Everybody is going home!", says she. Ignorance runs deep my friend.

These days I reach before 8.30am and have to leave after 11pm. So no longer facing traffic issues!

Last edited by sajo : 22nd August 2010 at 23:08.
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:23   #55
Senior - BHPian

^^ when i was yelling the same thing (driving in high beams) to my colleague who just brought a new Santro he said that he too drives in high beam. even i found him very ignorant (illeterate) about this simple common sense that you are blinding the person in front.
i told him next time i see you driving with high beam your headlamps will be smashed with a base ball stick by me
Old 22nd August 2010, 23:49   #56
MX6
Senior - BHPian

It's been a month since i drove to Hinjewadi! Working from home is heaven. I rightaway save 3.5 hours of time which is wasted on roads! And my bp which was hovering around 130 /80 is back below 120/ 70. Guess all that morons out there do ensure your pressure goes up!
Old 23rd August 2010, 00:04   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
It's been a month since i drove to Hinjewadi! Working from home is heaven. I rightaway save 3.5 hours of time which is wasted on roads! And my bp which was hovering around 130 /80 is back below 120/ 70. Guess all that morons out there do ensure your pressure goes up!
Yes i am sure your BP has lowered down due to peace of mind. BP definitely goes high seeing tha BPO cabies and morons driving recklessly.

and these days there is hardly any tar remaining on the road between pimple saudagar and the flyover.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:16   #58
MX6
Senior - BHPian

My bad. Anyway, more than the cabs, it's the IT people on bikes and cars who blatantly break rules that get on my nerves. I've even seen people on benz doing their bit here.
Old 23rd August 2010, 01:53   #59
Senior - BHPian

Hi WDM007,

Is that the road that goes over the hills and on to the next valley with the road narrowing to a single lane and ultimately leading to Mulshi/Pirangut.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Hey ! Not all roads in Hinjewadi are bad or conjested.Here is one:
Old 23rd August 2010, 02:08   #60
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@khoj. Looks like the road that goes to IBM.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks