Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 9th September 2011, 11:52   #586
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
It took me 12 minutes today to reach the Wakad flyover from Kothrud (8:09 to 8:21am). Traffic on the bypass was not sparse but moving quickly. Traffic on the flyover was moving too but slowly.

I did not go into Hinjewadi, but I presume as usual it must have been worse from there onwards.
Naah, at that time, traffic in HJW is sparse too. Ideal time really, if coming to office.
I used to do that sometimes when (very very rarely) I used to get my bike to office. Came in by 8.30. Used to leave by 6. But that was not due to traffic (doesnt matter on a bike), but because I had this irrational fear of being hit by a bigger vehicle in the darkness and then left to die by the side of the road.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:06   #587
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by C300 View Post
I wonder what will happen when phase 3 will operate at full capacity in next couple of years (considering TCS centre will house 25k employees). We will start seeing jams starting Infosys phase 2 circle
Years? I got an update that TCS Phase 3 ops are starting in October.
Old 9th September 2011, 13:26   #588
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
Add to that cts projects are slowly being shifted from ICC to Ph3.

Ironically the only solution seems Megapolis to go live considering the government doesn't seem to be doing anything!
Old 9th September 2011, 13:32   #589
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Are they recruiting?

Time for a dedicated 6 lane highway from another direction! Or perhaps an elevated tollway like the one on Hosur road?
Old 9th September 2011, 13:48   #590
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
What? TCS ph3 is operational now, most people from DLF have been shifted. I know for sure!

It probably gets completely operational in October. Grape vine is TCS is closing all its offices elsewhere in Pune and shifting them to Phase 3. These guys build up real fast.

While my company is struggling to complete a building in last two years, these people complete a campus from scratch in that time!!
Old 9th September 2011, 16:58   #591
Senior - BHPian

Add to that, a 4-5 building SEZ coming up in Ph 4 for CTS! Other than the Ph 1 and DLF office, another lots coming up. Imagine the traffic once that is operational.

@Ninjatalli: ICC aint shifting here. Those offices will remain as is, its new guys being recruited, thats the reason for expansion.

@Selfdrive: How many stones are you going to step on ? You know the reason for this question! But, yes you are right. We need a dedicated 6 lane road/highway for Hinjewadi. Dont see the way that will be planned/executed at all. Unless they build flyovers all over the city!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 9th September 2011 at 16:59.
Old 9th September 2011, 18:25   #592
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
What? TCS ph3 is operational now, most people from DLF have been shifted. I know for sure!

It probably gets completely operational in October. Grape vine is TCS is closing all its offices elsewhere in Pune and shifting them to Phase 3. These guys build up real fast.
And I believe that is the straight poop. A cousin working in TCS in one of there Kalyaninagar offices is looking to buy an apartment near the HJW side. His project is slated to move in the next few months.
With current scenarios, moving to SEZ and getting the tax breaks makes sound business sense.

A reversible, dedicated bus lane might be a good way to ease commuting woes once these new facilities are operational.
Old 9th September 2011, 19:06   #593
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
And I believe that is the straight poop. A cousin working in TCS in one of there Kalyaninagar offices is looking to buy an apartment near the HJW side. His project is slated to move in the next few months.
With current scenarios, moving to SEZ and getting the tax breaks makes sound business sense.

A reversible, dedicated bus lane might be a good way to ease commuting woes once these new facilities are operational.
PCMC is planning BRTS on 5-6 major routes. They are planning to start an awareness ad campaign around BRTS soon. Hinjewadi being the Grampanchayat is definitely not on the cards.
IMO this Grampanchayat has become a major roadblock in Hinjewadi's infra development.
Is anyone across how the Grampanchayat and MIDC coordinate with each other on these infra issues?

IMO the need of the hour is a dedicated municipal corporation with executable DP.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
These guys build up real fast.

While my company is struggling to complete a building in last two years, these people complete a campus from scratch in that time!!
Tatas are masters in managing the supply chain. Majority of the components will be sourced from subsidiary and the project is probably being executed by their Infrastructure arm.

Last edited by C300 : 9th September 2011 at 19:07. Reason: Formatting
Old 12th September 2011, 09:50   #594
BHPian

Traffic was a breeze today , or was it me who came in very early .
Old 12th September 2011, 11:01   #595
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic was great. Long weekend effect- it may pile up later on.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:07   #596
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Traffic was great. Long weekend effect- it may pile up later on.
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Traffic was a breeze today , or was it me who came in very early .

How on earth did I manage to be the only one to get stuck in traffic ?

Today the cops were initially making people turn back from the wrong side, but then a white Swift (MH14 registered, fancy number plate,a local in all probability), merrily went past him without bothering, and then so did all the remaining two wheelers.
Those who have commuted on bikes would know that it takes hardly 5 minutes of extra time if you stay on the correct side of the road.
And even on the wrong side, people honk and speed as if its their birthright! I am sounding like a broken tape.
Old 12th September 2011, 11:12   #597
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How on earth did I manage to be the only one to get stuck in traffic ?

Today the cops were initially making people turn back from the wrong side, but then a white Swift (MH14 registered, fancy number plate,a local in all probability), merrily went past him without bothering, and then so did all the remaining two wheelers.
Those who have commuted on bikes would know that it takes hardly 5 minutes of extra time if you stay on the correct side of the road.
And even on the wrong side, people honk and speed as if its their birthright! I am sounding like a broken tape.
Don't worry Sajo, I am there with you. Started at 9:40 and reached office at 1025. Out of which 15 minutes are from wakad to Hinjewadi!
Old 12th September 2011, 11:12   #598
Senior - BHPian

Ojas: Dont sweat! I was stuck in traffic too. For me, it was the usual Monday morning madness. JD and Noop, you guys have probably come in too early. Around 9:30, the traffic started to pile up. Only saving grace was, post KPIT the traffic was organized.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 12th September 2011 at 11:16.
Old 12th September 2011, 12:31   #599
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Selfdrive: How many stones are you going to step on ? You know the reason for this question! But, yes you are right. We need a dedicated 6 lane road/highway for Hinjewadi. Dont see the way that will be planned/executed at all. Unless they build flyovers all over the city!
Better to step on all visible stones before they get flooded by slush! After all no use putting all the eggs in one tokri

Whats Phase 4 now? how many phases are being planned altogether?
Old 12th September 2011, 12:53   #600
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Whats Phase 4 now? how many phases are being planned altogether?
Phase 4 is ahead of Tech Mahindra. Thats the road that leads to Pirangut. IIRC, Amit (Lele) had once taken that route to head back home. Nothing great about that road except absolute lack of traffic.

Oh, you would be surprised. There are in total 10 phases that have been planned for Hinjewadi! If that does happen, Phase 10 may actually be somewhere between Khopoli and Panvel .
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed