Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 14th October 2011, 12:40   #766
BBT
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
BBT : Do you drive a beige MH 12 FP registered Fiesta with Tbhp stickers ?
Nope - mine's a black one with no Tbhp stickers. My wife uses that car (rarely, thanks to work from home) - I mostly use my Grey Swift to commute to work, can't beat the diesel economy.

Although, now that I think about it, I too have seen said beige fiesta with a Tbhp sticker on a number of occasions - I'm usually stuck behind it on the long wait from the flyover to the chowk. Beige MH 12 FP Fiesta - identify yourself!!
Old 15th October 2011, 10:13   #767

After all is said and done, the two biggest deterrent to comfortable commuting on this roads are:
1. Indiscipline among the commuters, mostly indicabs and tum-tums but believe you me, my fellow IT guys are no less a pain!
2. Condition of the byroads.

Although in the past week, i have noticed some changes but the situation is FAR from ideal.

I think the police needs to be a little more strict as the people driving on the wrong side of the road not only endanger the others, but also cause a lot of mental anguish.

Plus, the drivers with a BIG RED L on their rear windscreen need to understand that they need to learn to drive first before bringing their vehicles to the office! How many times have i seen the traffic being held up, especially on the road from Mezza9 to Phase two by 2 i10s with Learner drivers, driving side by side at 20!

Also, Bikers need to understand how the sight of them taking calls on their cellphones while riding with one hand is such an annoyance to the drivers behind them!

The roads have improved, but they still leave a lot to be desired.
Now that more companies are going to move into HJW, i can only see the situation worsening in the future!
Old 17th October 2011, 12:25   #768
Senior - BHPian

Has anyone noticed? Driving on the wrong side of the roads has all but stopped. Spare one or two bikers, everyone is on the right side of the road nowadays.
Old 17th October 2011, 12:35   #769
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Has anyone noticed? Driving on the wrong side of the roads has all but stopped. Spare one or two bikers, everyone is on the right side of the road nowadays.
Well I differ , just the amount of wrongsiders has reduced . The attached pics are of Friday and there were a bunch of these stupids today , didnt click . Though I agree you hardly find any cars these days using the shortcut way . The nuisance are the bikers / ricks / tum tums .

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00088201110141017.jpg

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00089201110141019.jpg
jealousdiamond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 19th October 2011, 09:53   #770
BHPian

A good quality patchwork is completed at the NH4 end of the Orange route. At least something good is happening. If only this is extended all the way on orange route.

But lately, as observed by everybody, the traffic seems to have streamlined to a great extent.
Old 19th October 2011, 10:57   #771
Senior - BHPian

Some patch work has also been carried out in Phase 2 and 3. Though the quality isnt great, the pot holes have been taken care of.
Old 19th October 2011, 11:28   #772
Senior - BHPian

Mezza9 route still seems to have potholes deep enough to damage a tyre/alloy if you are not careful. Patchwork seems to be progressing at a snail's pace. But atleast there is some pace and a snail present, where earlier there was none.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 10:37   #773
Senior - BHPian

Today's TOI carries an article stating a deadline that has been fixed to improve Hinjewadi roads and infrastructure. That deadline is set to Jan 2012. As per the article, Supriya Sule had a joint meeting yesterday to discuss the plight of people travelling in Hinjewadi.

As per the plan, the first task on hand is to increase the road width in Ph1 and the main road. They would get rid of electric poles and go in for underground cables, thus enabling road widening.

The second phase would see the completion of the road from Balewadi to Ph2.

So, at least on paper, the plan looks to be good. Now, only if they fulfill the promises made.
Old 20th October 2011, 10:55   #774
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today's TOI carries an article stating a deadline that has been fixed to improve Hinjewadi roads and infrastructure. That deadline is set to Jan 2012. As per the article, Supriya Sule had a joint meeting yesterday to discuss the plight of people travelling in Hinjewadi.

As per the plan, the first task on hand is to increase the road width in Ph1 and the main road. They would get rid of electric poles and go in for underground cables, thus enabling road widening.

The second phase would see the completion of the road from Balewadi to Ph2.

So, at least on paper, the plan looks to be good. Now, only if they fulfill the promises made.
Looks like losing the recent bypoll made them sit up and look. And more so because civic polls are lined up!! Hopefully something good happens
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:06   #775
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Looks like losing the recent bypoll made them sit up and look. And more so because civic polls are lined up!! Hopefully something good happens
I heard they are getting panicky because their grip on HJW's gram panchayat is loosening too.

The estimated bill the taxpayers have to foot for the planner's lack of anticipation is Rs.80 Crore. I hope they spend atleast half that on the actual road.

Here is the link to the article.

Interesting point in the article : Two warring brothers have held up the land acquisition for road development on the stretch between Wakad and HJW.

On another note, I found a big mound of gravel/stones at the NH4 end of the Mezza9 route, so post Diwali, we may get a smooth(er) road, hopefully.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 11:45   #776
BHPian

The problem is lack of coordination between different utility companies, PMC and traffic department. Everybody takes their own time in getting their job done. They need their approvals/tenders in place.

Take the case of NDA road - nicely tarred and everything. Now there are culverts being constructed, pipes being laid along the kerbs etc.

I am not optimistic on this Jan timeframe - but I would love to be proved wrong.
Old 20th October 2011, 13:07   #777
Distinguished - BHPian

While I am happy there is finally some action on this front, the deadline of January 2012 is just ridiculous. This project is in RAG status red before it even takes off

Do they take us for fools? How is 2-3 months a reasonable timeline for the sort of transformation that is required to make Hinjewadi a good place to drive to?
Old 20th October 2011, 13:14   #778
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
...is required to make Hinjewadi a good place to drive to?
Did you mean HJW is a good place to drive to or the drive to HJW would be good!!!?
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th October 2011, 14:04   #779
Senior - BHPian

The deadline could just be a date to finish planning the entire activity. Or even finish on planning the planning committe .

The actual work may/would/could/will start later than the given deadline.

Glad that some progress can be seen though.
Old 20th October 2011, 14:34   #780
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
While I am happy there is finally some action on this front, the deadline of January 2012 is just ridiculous. This project is in RAG status red before it even takes off

Do they take us for fools? How is 2-3 months a reasonable timeline for the sort of transformation that is required to make Hinjewadi a good place to drive to?
Obviously they'll do it before the civic elections scheduled in February 2012. And be prepared to see a washed out road post monsoon 2012. After following these trends, I've learnt a thing or two about politics.

Most Viewed