Old 25th October 2011, 14:21   #796
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Here are some more bananas:

Article 1

Article 2

If they do this in record time (including land acquisitions), they'll get my vote. I am not a commuter to Hinjewadi but I get to hear the experiences everyday.
On paper atleast all these proposals appear promising. One major hurdle in the form of land acquistions. But if all these measures see the light of the day it would help the Hinjewadians

But again these are short term measures (just like we have flyovers in Mumbai at every other junction ). They also need to plan a mass rapid transport facility. These would be needed to take care of the 'n' number of phases they might be planning in the IT park.
Old 28th October 2011, 12:21   #797
Senior - BHPian

How I wish the state of roads today will continue forever! My bus took 4 mins flat from wakad bridge to Phase 1 The entire stretch was empty except for some bikes.
Old 28th October 2011, 13:18   #798
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by fullspeedahead View Post
How many times have i seen the traffic being held up, especially on the road from Mezza9 to Phase two by 2 i10s with Learner drivers, driving side by side at 20!
That's deadlock! Or should I say Infinite Loop?

------------------------------------------------------------------
car ILoveToDriveInLane1;
car ILoveToDriveInLane2;

ILoveToDriveInLane1.maxSpeed = 20 KM/H

ILoveToDriveInLane2.maxSpeed = 20 KM/H

ILoveToDriveInLane1.currentSpeed = 20 KM/H

ILoveToDriveInLane2.currentSpeed = 15 KM/H

While( ILoveToDriveInLane1.currentSpeed == ILoveToDriveInLane2.currentSpeed )

{
ILoveToDriveInLane2.currentSpeed++;
}

For ( ; ; )

{
DriveAtMaxSpeed(ILoveToDriveInLane1);
DriveAtMaxSpeed(ILoveToDriveInLane2);
}

------------------------------------------------------------------

Yes . Below text describes traffic conditions in hinjewadi.
Attached Thumbnails
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hell.jpg  

Last edited by zalaps : 28th October 2011 at 13:20.
zalaps is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th October 2011, 14:03   #799
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
How I wish the state of roads today will continue forever! My bus took 4 mins flat from wakad bridge to Phase 1 The entire stretch was empty except for some bikes.
+1 to that. I could safely touch 80 kmph from Wakad Flyover to Phase 1 traffic lights. :-) and 120 on NH4 balewadi to Wakad stretch. SB Road to Hinjewadi Ph1 15 minutes. It seems people are busy celebrating Diwali

On a serious note I hope they atleast widen the road near Indian Oil Pump where 3 lanes merge into 1.5 and near the flyover entry and exit.
Old 29th October 2011, 14:06   #800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ScorpWarp View Post
On a serious note I hope they atleast widen the road near Indian Oil Pump where 3 lanes merge into 1.5 and near the flyover entry and exit.
Not that easy, because the land in question is currently under litigation (as per news reports), or they would have done it when the were widening the road on the HP Pump/IOC Pump sides.

@fullspeedahead : I have often observed "L" boarded cars committing the max amount of violations. The break lanes, drive on the wrong side and then try to merge by bullying as if its their birth right.

:sigh: , after a week off (beemar ho gaaya...!) , I dont want to go to the same roads.
Old 31st October 2011, 10:40   #801
Senior - BHPian

I was more than expecting a choc a block situation in Hinjewadi today. Now that holidays are over, I expected the situation to be back to its normal routine.
How wrong I was! Never did i think that I would be happy to be proven wrong!

Easy smooth drive into office today. Absolutely no traffic all the way till Ph3! People still on a holiday?
Old 31st October 2011, 11:51   #802
BHPian

yes it was absolutely empty around 9:30 am and was a breeze to drive into HJW today.

Only thing which I was expoecting that the road patch up works in the mezza9 / orange route should have been done to some extent. But I am wromg here ...not a bit of road work has been done in past 9 days.

Even I have seen in PCMC area , many broken portions have been nicely , yes nicely patched up during these diwali holidays. Whereas hinj area was completely neglected.

Lets wiat for some time since Supriya Sule told in Sept that road work will start after 15th Oct in a big way ....not seeing in thoiugh till now.
Old 1st November 2011, 10:49   #803
Senior - BHPian

Wasnt the work supposed to start from mid October? We are in November already, and there are no signs of any road works. Another one of those false promises and missed deadlines?
Old 7th November 2011, 11:16   #804
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Easy smooth drive into office today. Absolutely no traffic all the way till Ph3! People still on a holiday?
Very little traffic all the way upto Phase-1 today too! I think people are :

a) Still on vacation
b) Reeling under the shock of a fuel price hike, hence are using public transport.

No signs of repair work anywhere atleast till Friday evening. No signs of the promised garbage collection vans either. The streets continue to remain filthy.
Old 7th November 2011, 11:30   #805
BHPian

mezza9 road , esp from the highway junction towards hinj , for 2 kms, has been nicely laid ( not patch work) ...very smooth. Orange route is getting worse day by day , no work started there.
Amazing is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th November 2011, 11:44   #806
Senior - BHPian

I think it is a Thursday like situation. Most industries are closed on account of Bakr Id a labor holiday!!
Proves the point that it is not the IT guys who cause traffic jam
Old 7th November 2011, 12:43   #807
Senior - BHPian

Diwali vacations had its effect and now it will start to wear off. God knows how the traffic will be starting tomorrow as today was the last day of the vacations. Travelling was a breeze today too.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:34   #808
Senior - BHPian

Today morning was a rude awakening to all the amazing time spent, while commuting to office over the last couple of days. The traffic scene was back to normal, all the way until Ph1.
Old 8th November 2011, 11:50   #809
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today morning was a rude awakening to all the amazing time spent, while commuting to office over the last couple of days. The traffic scene was back to normal, all the way until Ph1.
If you are talking about the by-pass, then it is due to the broken down trucks.

By the the road to the left of Mezza9 is now very well laid and did not have much of traffic. So that could be a good option?
Old 8th November 2011, 12:09   #810
Distinguished - BHPian

That broken down truck just before Mercedes Benz showroom held up a LOT of traffic today...and indisciplined drivers randomly cutting lanes didn't help.

I think the traffic going straight onto Mumbai was very heavy today- post vacation effect?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks