Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 1st December 2011, 11:21   #871
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
What do you guys think is happening here? Picture taken today morning.
The traffic police is walking in the wrong direction.
Old 1st December 2011, 12:06   #872
BANNED

Hey Swanand, Good to know you are safe. Hjw traffice is a mess.

Slightly off topic. But posting it here as almost all followers of this thread are from pune, you might be able to help me out.

I am planning for a CNG kit for my SPARK (2 year old but in warrenty till sept 12). Looking for a reliable-resonable service provider. as of now, got quote of 32K for Lovato and 30 K for BRC (Closed Loop) - non negotiated. So please suggest a trusted place :-).
idea is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 1st December 2011, 12:19   #873
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by idea View Post
I am planning for a CNG kit for my SPARK (2 year old but in warrenty till sept 12). Looking for a reliable-resonable service provider. as of now, got quote of 32K for Lovato and 30 K for BRC (Closed Loop) - non negotiated. So please suggest a trusted place :-).
Not sure which part of Pune you reside in, but I enquired at Carwala Bavdhan. He seems to be quite knowledgeable and he recommended LPG as opposed to CNG to me (for the Estilo) for a variety of reasons. My plans are on hold for now but you can check with him.
Old 2nd December 2011, 19:22   #874
BBT
BHPian

Traffic on standstill on mumbai bangalore highway towards bangalore. Been stuck for past 20 mins :-(

Edit: I took mezza 9 route to baner

Last edited by BBT : 2nd December 2011 at 19:24.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:05   #875
Senior - BHPian

^^That was due to the VVIP movement last Friday.

Today morning, though I drove in later than my usual hour, traffic was pretty orgnized. At least till Ph1. Post that, it was a free for all, like it always is.
Old 5th December 2011, 12:10   #876
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Ive let go the incident. My only worry was the amount of expenses the car would incur. Which luckily isnt much.
Swanand

How is your leg? 'Alive and Kicking'? And hows the Laura? Back to normal, eh? What was the total expenditure on the Laura?
Old 5th December 2011, 13:43   #877
Senior - BHPian

I dont mean to sound sexist, but have you guys observed, the % of guys on two wheelers going on the wrong side given the opportunity is about 20% of all male riders, while surprisingly, about 50% of the female two wheelers in Hinjewadi have no qualms about darting on the wrong side.
Ofcourse, in absolute number terms the males vastly outnumber their female counterparts, but just saying.
And yes, this is a result of spending too much time in the bus on the last seat twiddling your thumbs.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 5th December 2011, 14:44   #878
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Swanand

How is your leg? 'Alive and Kicking'? And hows the Laura? Back to normal, eh? What was the total expenditure on the Laura?

Ajay, the leg is very much alive, hoping that it would be kicking that sixers backside!

The Laura is back today.
Total damage: 23k.
Expenses incurred by me: 1k (approx).

Other than that, the 2nd servicing is also done. So, all in all, its all good .
Old 5th December 2011, 15:35   #879
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
<rant>
How ironic can things get?
I was the person who used to report accidents on the bypass! Well, the same happened to me this morning.

As I was about to turn into Hinjewadi, a six seater on my right merged suddenly in my lane. To avoid hitting him, I swerved left after checking it was safe to do so. A car ahead of me turned left and lo- a six seater coming in the opposite (wrong) direction banged into my car. Last minute swerve resulted into a damaged right fender. Managed to hurt my left leg in the ordeal too! (Which is a complete suspense as to how did I manage to do that!).

Took the car to Europa for damage repair. Estimated damage to pocket - Rs. 25,000!

I hate Hinjewadi!
</end rant>
Shocked. Get well soon. And hope your car is back on the road after the work.
Sorry that it happened to your Laura. I liked that vehicle during our photoshoot meet where we had loads of vehicles lined up (after the breakfast that I missed).
Old 5th December 2011, 16:07   #880
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
Shocked. Get well soon. And hope your car is back on the road after the work.
Sorry that it happened to your Laura. I liked that vehicle during our photoshoot meet where we had loads of vehicles lined up (after the breakfast that I missed).

Thanks MX. Yeah im fine now. Leg is all but normal. Even the car is back as of today. She's back to her old glory. The logos are back on too. Fingers crossed .

Not much of a damage, considering I had to shell out a little over a grand for the repair. Insurance took care of the rest.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:52   #881
Senior - BHPian

PTP (thats Pune traffic police, for the uninitiated) is quite useless. I have been posting pictures of Hinjewadi offenders for quite a few days now. Everyday I get the same reply, that complaint is forwarded to API Nale, but perhaps Mr.Nale is busy or doesnt know or doesnt care or all of the above.
Old 7th December 2011, 10:59   #882
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ That's a little harsh, man. Last night a constable was single-handedly manning the Wakad underpass (near Europa Auto)- you know how difficult that chore is right? I felt sorry for him- imagine doing that at 8 pm when he could be home sipping a nice drink and flirting with the missus!

The cops on duty at Hinjewadi chowk also deserve our sympathy, respet and co-operation- not necessarily in that order!
Old 7th December 2011, 11:02   #883
Senior - BHPian

Right,heat of the moment... Hinjewadi traffic division really does need a lot more cops/wardens.
Today the rant was triggered by the sight of atleast half a dozen cops riding towards Wakad , and not one of them caring to stop the offenders.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:31   #884
Senior - BHPian

Ojas: I share your sentiments. I suppose its time to make that call to API Nale on the given mobile number and ask if actions are being taken.

Having said that, why only Hinjewadi, the whole of Pune needs a lot more wardens/traffic cops. See the situation elsewhere too. Its more or less the same.
Old 7th December 2011, 11:37   #885
Senior - BHPian

Apparently, they have started action against people, and till now karwaai has been done on 10 vehicles today. Looks like I jumped the gun.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks