Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 11th January 2012, 14:08   #961
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
@selfdrive : Hows your BP holding up now that you are in these parts ?
BP is good. As much as what it used to be.
I am still holed up in the SB road office. Till someone finds out or misses me and then packs me off to HJW, which is hopefully unlikely this month

One good thing about being a small fish, by the time somebody spots me they forget why they were looking for me in the first place!

Last edited by selfdrive : 11th January 2012 at 14:10.
Old 12th January 2012, 11:20   #962
Senior - BHPian

Ojas, precisely what Ive done to the fellow riders in my office. On a couple of occassions, when they were in my car for a team lunch, I pointed out morons who drive on the wrong side on the road. Well, to say the least, my message got across to them pretty loud and clear.

Most of them follow traffic rules, and actually thank me for apparently "enlightning" them .
Old 13th January 2012, 09:02   #963
BHPian

Good Morning guys,
Cold morning today at 8am. Drive was a breeze, outside temperature at 8 degrees. Have a short Friday and a great weekend
Old 13th January 2012, 11:05   #964
Senior - BHPian

Another rear ending in Hinjewadi! This was bang opposite Infy Ph2 campus.

A biker rear ended an Alto. The biker turned out to be a local, and a few phone calls saw a bunch of Scorpio's and T-Fort's line up immediately for this guy's help. Fortunately, the Alto guy (who got rear ended) got some support from people like us and promptly called the cops. Two police vans and two jeeps were present at the scenario.

Last seen, the cops were trying to make peace between the two parties.
Oh, needless to say, all this resulted in a huge jam on that stretch.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 11:13   #965
Senior - BHPian

Kudos to you Swanand , and to all those people like you who stood up to the political thugs and goons , and all that Guntheshwar Janata. Did things get physical between the two parties ?
If it were not for the support of people around him, the Alto guy might have had to even pay these morons a large sum of money for no fault of his...!
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 11:38   #966
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Another rear ending in Hinjewadi! This was bang opposite Infy Ph2 campus.

A biker rear ended an Alto. The biker turned out to be a local, and a few phone calls saw a bunch of Scorpio's and T-Fort's line up immediately for this guy's help. Fortunately, the Alto guy (who got rear ended) got some support from people like us and promptly called the cops. Two police vans and two jeeps were present at the scenario.

Last seen, the cops were trying to make peace between the two parties.
Oh, needless to say, all this resulted in a huge jam on that stretch.
Good work Swanand and co. I did not know that this incident had so much history behind it. By the time i reached the spot only the 4 cars were occupying the right lane and the last car of the pack was a brand new Swift. Biker, cops etc were no where to be seen. I think i was at the spot at around 10.

Last edited by amitwlele : 13th January 2012 at 11:41.
amitwlele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 12:05   #967
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Did things get physical between the two parties ?
If it were not for the support of people around him, the Alto guy might have had to even pay these morons a large sum of money for no fault of his...!
Things did not get physical per se, but then, the usual " Mi kon ahe mahit ahe ka" and all that jazz had begun. Hence the Scorpio's and T-Forts. A few guys stopped to see the scene (as usual) and realised that the poor Alto guy was being cornered. Thats when they stood up for him.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Biker, cops etc were no where to be seen. I think i was at the spot at around 10.
Amit, AFAIK, this happened after 10. When I reached the spot, the accident had already taken place, and thats when cops were called.

I was actually pretty late to join the party, but then, I suppose, for once my Skoda (and me, in a black shirt and Raybans) helped in throwing some weight around. Once the cops arrived, people started to disperse.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 13th January 2012 at 12:06.
Old 13th January 2012, 12:11   #968
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was actually pretty late to join the party, but then, I suppose, for once my Skoda (and me, in a black shirt and Raybans) helped in throwing some weight around.
Now i know whom to call when in a similar situation.

By then i have a basic question. What are we supposed to do if stuck in such a situation of a pile up. Fight with the other members and ask their insurance guys to pay up for the damage. What are the first steps?
Old 13th January 2012, 12:21   #969
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
By then i have a basic question. What are we supposed to do if stuck in such a situation of a pile up. Fight with the other members and ask their insurance guys to pay up for the damage. What are the first steps?
This might answer your question: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...-accident.html
comfortablynumb is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th January 2012, 12:40   #970
BHPian

This morning from Mezza9, there was this Tarawade bus which was weaving dangerously as though it was an auto. When I was abreast of it, it made a sudden right turn causing me to brake sharply and avoid getting side-swiped. I was then maintaining a cautious distance and the same thing happened with a Ritz in front. Few minutes later in the midst of this weaving, this bus rear ended a 2 wheeler. When I overtook them there was a heated arguement but no damage visible to the bike.

In this case I hope the 2 wheeler was a connected local.
Old 13th January 2012, 18:07   #971
Senior - BHPian

Today morning a local tum-tum as usual was trying to go into the wrong side to take the empty road ahead, and had an head on collision with a biker coming from the opposite direction. It was not a high speed crash or something, becoz I heard the screeching sound of the bike and a BANG! God knows what happened later on as I moved ahead.
Old 17th January 2012, 10:41   #972
Distinguished - BHPian

What a long jam today. Still in it as I write this post. Huge.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:28   #973
Senior - BHPian

^^Ninja, where was this? I came into office at 10:15, and apart from the usual mele, there wasnt something drastic.
Old 17th January 2012, 11:58   #974
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
^^Ninja, where was this? I came into office at 10:15, and apart from the usual mele, there wasnt something drastic.
Crossed the bridge around 10.20. The jam was present right from the Indian Oil petrol pump (opposite side). Reached office at 11.10. Heard from another colleague who reached office half an hour before me that there was almost no traffic. I think we got a sweet spot out here. Cross the bridge between 9.30 to 10 and you are (on an average) safe.

Of course, coming at 8 is always better
Old 17th January 2012, 12:19   #975
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
I think we got a sweet spot out here. Cross the bridge between 9.30 to 10 and you are (on an average) safe.
Relatively speaking: Yes. Its a tad bit better than coming in after 10:00.

Quote:
Of course, coming at 8 is always better
Sure is better. But then, you know, what do we do in office so early? You know how things are in out office

Most Viewed