Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 20th January 2012, 18:43   #1006
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Dammmit! Yes..humongous queue on the Mezza9 route. I am not expecting the Wakad Bridge route to be any different. Nothing is moving.
Did anyone take the nande route of late? Looks like all exits are clogged, guys please update, I am postponing my exit until next updates, no use adding to the chaos!
Old 20th January 2012, 19:06   #1007
BHPian

I was about to leave...will F5 this thread and leave after update.
Guys stuck on the "Flyover" - pls pour in after you are able to actually fly over the jam.
Old 20th January 2012, 19:26   #1008
BHPian

Wow, this thread is really dynamic. Do you guys have a secretary who types the traffic update on this thread while you drive?
Old 20th January 2012, 20:09   #1009
BHPian

Pathetic jam all over from Mezza9 upto NH4 signal (below Wakad bridge) today evening. But nothing can beat a lady driver on Alto thinking about offroading (read: trying to overtake a company minibus from the left side). Have seen people overtaking from right without a care about oncoming traffic, but this one surely takes the cake.
P.S.: I was with my better half, hope she doesn't get inspired
Old 20th January 2012, 20:29   #1010
Senior - BHPian

Does this jam affect NH4 bypass also or is confined to the flyover?
Old 20th January 2012, 20:44   #1011
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
I don't think so HVK sir (though I can be wrong) since the Jam is usually after NH4 Intersection all the way inside Hinjewadi. Moreover, after the implementation of no right turn (Under the bridge) a few months before, the flow on NH4 seems to be continuous.

When I worked out of HJW in 2009, the new rule wasn't implemented and it was havoc. Now I hear that even with the new implementation and no signal underneath, jams are only getting worse.

Last edited by paragsachania : 20th January 2012 at 20:45.
Old 20th January 2012, 21:05   #1012
Senior - BHPian

I left at 8 and jam is upto wipro circle, i took a u-turn and took the nanded-sus road, pathetic for one kilometer, but rest of the road is recently laid, took me the usual 45 minutes. But how is the jam at Wakad?
Old 20th January 2012, 21:45   #1013
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
Wow, this thread is really dynamic. Do you guys have a secretary who types the traffic update on this thread while you drive?
Well the "secretary" isnt some mini-skirted babe , but sometimes I let people know if there is traffic on some of the roads visible to me.
In our company the floor you sit on is inversely proportional to your position in the heirarchy, so I have an excellent view from the top floor. Atleast, until it gets blocked by concrete, in which case it would be pointless for me to tell because it will be jammed "all the time".

Quote:
Originally Posted by paragsachania View Post
Now I hear that even with the new implementation and no signal underneath, jams are only getting worse.
The policy would have worked, 5 years ago. Now the number of vehicles is just way to high for any rule to work effectively. And this is when, HJW is occupied to just about 50% of its capacity.
One option is to make the wakad-hjw bridge route one way for entering and Mezza9 route one way for exiting. And very STRICT enforcement of the same.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
But how is the jam at Wakad?
The jam was heavy on the Mezza9 route, not sure about the main road. Surprisingly, I was informed of choked roads even on the orange route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Not that we discuss anything new in the thread. Its the same old sad story everyday of the week (ok 5 days of the week). But this is a good avenue to vent the frustration.
Yes , this is our electronic shoulder to lay our heads on and e-sob. (Because its the same sob story!).

Last edited by sajo : 20th January 2012 at 22:04.
Old 21st January 2012, 01:20   #1014
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I left at 8 and jam is upto wipro circle, i took a u-turn and took the nanded-sus road, pathetic for one kilometer, but rest of the road is recently laid, took me the usual 45 minutes. But how is the jam at Wakad?
Now thats a bit of good news. After the initial one km, is the tarmac laid all till the bridge? Earlier that patch was even bad for a bike ride. I am assuming the road from Nande village to Sus road is still good as it was earlier.
Old 21st January 2012, 09:35   #1015
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Yes, very much. Morning from 8:30am to 11am (towards Mumbai) and evening from 6pm to 8:30pm (towards Bangalore)

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
One option is to make the wakad-hjw bridge route one way for entering and Mezza9 route one way for exiting. And very STRICT enforcement of the same.
Looking at the Mezza9 route, without any possibility of widening, the scene 5 yrs down the line, at 6:00pm (going towards Balewadi) will be

"Hello, I have started from office, will reach home by 10pm"
Old 23rd January 2012, 10:48   #1016
Senior - BHPian

And then, people face road rage from ladies too!! A DL registered Mitsubishi!! ORVMS closed, driver on mobile. I was joining the road to Phase 2 from the entry opposite KPIT along with a bunch of other cars, when this happened.

There was this Mitsu far away and by the time I look around and look back, she started accelerating like hell, its her right of way so I let her go, but that doesn't stop there, she starts dodging me in her dilapidated car, my finger raises in appreciation of her gut. I let her do like that for sometime and at wipro circle, I swerve hard to right ahead of her at parking speeds and voila she was out of the circle(towards wipro), it was matter of seconds other vehicles swarmed around her, she must have spent sometime tasting her own medicine! Wanted to have more fun, but let her be!
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:15   #1017
Senior - BHPian

Was witness to a horrible accident in Hinjewadi today morning. There's a tapri after DLF where I normally go in the morning. I park my car outside the tapri (on the road) and wait up for a chai.

Now, here I am standing, enjoying my morning chai and I see a Sumo in great speed going towards DLF. Just near the tapri, this guy loses control of the vehicle, rams into a stationary truck and loses further control, spinning in the air and lands flat on the tapri owners new Fabia! Then, toppples over and lands on the concrete wall of the tapri!

All this in front of my eyes! All hell broke loose then. It turned out to be muscle power (as no one was miraculously hurt). The driver of the Sumo was apparently "learning to drive" without even a license!

Please be very careful while driving in HJW guys. This is scary.

P.S: The Fabia and the Sumo are still at that tapri, with the Tapri owner waiting for the cops to arrive for a panchnama.
Old 23rd January 2012, 11:41   #1018
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Was witness to a horrible accident in Hinjewadi today morning. There's a tapri after DLF where I normally go in the morning. I park my car outside the tapri (on the road) and wait up for a chai.
IS this where I drop wifey? Wife's on leave today, so did not pay much attention to the place but as far as I recollect, there was nothing when I passed through at around 1020, when did this happen?
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:32   #1019
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
All this in front of my eyes! All hell broke loose then. It turned out to be muscle power (as no one was miraculously hurt). The driver of the Sumo was apparently "learning to drive" without even a license!

Please be very careful while driving in HJW guys. This is scary.
I am glad this was in front of your eyes! to be honest Swanand, forget driving even standing on the roadside is fraught with danger these days.

I hope no one was in/ around the Fabia or hurt in the accident.

There must really have been a big bash held later on.
Old 23rd January 2012, 13:54   #1020
Senior - BHPian

I tend to so stereotype. The Tapri walla's "new Fabia" is still making me go a bit :O .
But then, with new found muscle power thanks to Political backing, weak policing and soaring land prices , anything is possible here.It is also election time, so "show-of-strength"/shakti pradarshan is Hinjewadi's national pastime.
So what happened afterwards ? Was the truck stationary because it was stopped by the cops for violating the 7-11 ban ?
One reason for Friday's jam could also be unhindered HCV traffic.

Most Viewed