Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 3rd February 2012, 17:05   #1111
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Et tu 'eh ? From one victim of life's cruel joke to another..I feel you man!!
Whatever you do, please dont feel me! That is outrageous

I dont think that bus stopping there is a one off. It just seems more exaggerated due to the relative speeds of other vehicles around it. All PMPML buses stop the same way everywhere in town.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I was so expecting Bala to take mild offence to the hair on the head comment . Sorry mate, cant help taking a dig at you.
Watch out mate, usually this unfortunate situation affects people who laugh at others. Thats how I got it!

Last edited by selfdrive : 3rd February 2012 at 17:13.
Old 3rd February 2012, 18:25   #1112
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
No problem! If you are leaving post 6:30 from Ph2/3, the orange route or Mezza9 route will be faster...
Man you rock! 6:03pm @Shivaji Chowk, 6:06pm @below Wakad bridge, signal turned green by 6:10pm, 6:20pm @home

Keyword: "Always on left"
Old 6th February 2012, 11:40   #1113
Senior - BHPian

Friday evening drive out was a breeze! Reached the other side of the breeze in 15 mins flat from Ph3.

Today morning though, was a different scenario altogether. For no reason, people drive on the wrong side of the road, and cause inconvenience to others.

I spoke to a mama who was guarding the chowk.
His response takes the cake - "Jaudya na saheb, kiti traffic ahe, kay karnar loka tari. Tumhi shistit chalva, mhanje zala" .

English: Let it go sir. Check the amount of traffic. What shall these people do? You drive sanely. Thats all that matters!

EPIC!
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (5) Thanks
Old 6th February 2012, 11:53   #1114
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
I spoke to a mama who was guarding the chowk.
His response takes the cake - "Jaudya na saheb, kiti traffic ahe, kay karnar loka tari. Tumhi shistit chalva, mhanje zala" .

English: Let it go sir. Check the amount of traffic. What shall these people do? You drive sanely. Thats all that matters!

EPIC!
There were, if i counted correctly, 5 mamas at the Hinjewadi junction doing nothing but waving their hands to move traffic. I don't understand why 5 of them are required there.

But now i know. They have decided not to take action against wrong siders. So better for them to stay in a group at the chowk for chit chat and other assorted activities.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:27   #1115
Distinguished - BHPian

I think the lackadaisical attitude of the authorities in Pune in general and Hinjewadi in particular is what is responsible for a lot of the mess we find ourselves in. Apart from the one khakhi-uniformed supercop (held in high esteem on this thread ) most cops are content to watch from the sidelines as vehicles fearlessly break every law in the book, including my pet peeve: driving on the wrong side.

I took the Phase 1 route today (left at the flyover fom the bypass) and cursed myself for doing that. Mezza9 route is much better in the mornings.
Old 6th February 2012, 12:51   #1116
Senior - BHPian

Guys, is the right turn below the flyover now a permanent feature ? Can we take it every day in the evenings? What about the announcement that it was for 1 day only ?
Can people coming from mumbai side on the NH4 also take a right turn and head into Hinjewadi from below the flyover?
Questions because I am usually uncomfortably wedged between some people on a cramped bus seat every evening and do not have a good view of the road outside.
Old 6th February 2012, 21:37   #1117
Senior - BHPian

I ended a call at 6.27 PM , just after I had gotten in my car. Glanced at the clock as I joined the highway : 6.33 pm.
This is got to be one of my quickest ever exists from Hinjewadi on a weekday which is not a holiday. The right turn arrangement is very convenient. This road is also in the best condition of the 3 present. You need to drive a rattly Swift to realise the value of a smooth road.
Old 7th February 2012, 09:33   #1118
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The right turn arrangement is very convenient.
So yesterday the right turn under the Wakad bridge to Chandni Chowk was open?

They better publish a schedule for it now.
Old 7th February 2012, 09:38   #1119
Senior - BHPian

If you are reading this, avoid Orange route for a couple of days. The roads are being relaid and the construction equipment used for the same has blocked the road causing irritating snarls.

Quote:
I ended a call at 6.27 PM , just after I had gotten in my car. Glanced at the clock as I joined the highway : 6.33 pm.
This is got to be one of my quickest ever exists from Hinjewadi on a weekday which is not a holiday. The right turn arrangement is very convenient. This road is also in the best condition of the 3 present. You need to drive a rattly Swift to realise the value of a smooth road.
Indeed! Similar experience for me. Was at the Hinjewadi chowk signal at 1903 hrs and on the exit to highway by 1913, pretty quick and easy, thinking about it, it is stupid of the authorities to ask people going towards CC take a U-turn after the flyover, with traffic distributed among the three exits, things smoothed up

And the argument that highway traffic is being stopped for hinjewadi traffic does not hold water coz the traffic is anyway being stopped as there was a traffic signal stopping things apart from the traffic joining the highway fro the u-turn after the flyover. Me thinks the current arrangement is better one.

Last edited by anilisanil : 7th February 2012 at 09:45.
Old 7th February 2012, 10:00   #1120
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
So yesterday the right turn under the Wakad bridge to Chandni Chowk was open?

They better publish a schedule for it now.
I left yesterday at 4:50 pm from phase 2 and crossed the bridge at 5:02 pm and then took u turn for chandani chowk. The right turn below the bridge was not open at that time. Probably they are only opening between 6:00pm and 8:00pm
athanedar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 10:17   #1121
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
If you are reading this, avoid Orange route for a couple of days. The roads are being relaid and the construction equipment used for the same has blocked the road causing irritating snarls.
In a few days, the orange route will probably be the best surfaced road. This morning they were laying another layer on what was done over last few days. I only wish that this resurfacing is done all the way to HJW chowk. The patch after the small nullah is quite bad.

In the hope I am proved wrong, I am giving this new surface a month before some construction requires a pipeline to be laid crossing the road and destroying the smooth surface.
Old 7th February 2012, 11:37   #1122
Senior - BHPian

The right turn (underbridge) is open only in the peak hours - 6 to 8 PM. All remaining times, the turns are closed by putting up barriers.

The cops are trying trial and error methods to reduce burden of traffic. I spoke to a cop last evening, and he confirmed, that this is what they are trying to do. His own words - "Baghu kiti divas chalta te" (Lets see how many days, this works).
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th February 2012, 14:47   #1123
BHPian

New website for the Pune Traffic police. Use it to log grievences and provide feedback

Pune Traffic Police-Apki Seva Me
Old 8th February 2012, 09:08   #1124
Senior - BHPian

Got stuck in the traffic today at 8:45AM. I thought the buses were banned from using that route between 8 to 10, there were too many of them. The traffic extended beyond HP petrol pump.

BTW, who has a black Baleno in here? Saw him driving couple of cars behind me.
Old 8th February 2012, 10:53   #1125
Senior - BHPian

I typed a lengthy reply to this but the megastupid IE6 on my office laptop erased all of it.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Got stuck in the traffic today at 8:45AM. I thought the buses were banned from using that route between 8 to 10, there were too many of them. The traffic extended beyond HP petrol pump.

BTW, who has a black Baleno in here? Saw him driving couple of cars behind me.
Ra.One bro , buses are allowed on that road between 8 and 10AM. Sole restriction is for buses exiting hinjewadi during peak hours. Even if they have to go to Wakad/Rakshak chowk etc. buses have to take the longer Kalakhadak route.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks