Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 8th February 2012, 11:48   #1126
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I have heard from a relative that they are going to Re-engineer the hinjewadi flyover and build one in conventional way wherein highway users will be using the flyover.

They will bring the existing bridge down to do this
Can someone confirm if this is true ?

I shudder to imagine the scenario if it happens.

I have few suggestions to ease traffic woes( Excuse me if it has been already suggested )

1) Change office timings to ease peak traffic hours

2) Make a huge secure parking lot at WAKAD ( all companies should get toghether and build it ) and from this point onwards people can be ferried to their respective companies in buses.

3) Six seaters and two wheelers can be allowed from a different route ( Wakad - Mezza -9 )

4) Strictly no Truck traffic during peak hours.

Points 1 & 2 might not be very practical but needs to be tried out.

Last edited by bblost : 8th February 2012 at 14:07. Reason: please refer forum rules. no more than 2 smileys per post. Thanks.
Old 8th February 2012, 11:53   #1127
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
I have heard from a relative that they are going to Re-engineer the hinjewadi flyover and build one in conventional way wherein highway users will be using the flyover.

They will bring the existing bridge down to do this
Can someone confirm if this is true ?

I shudder to imagine the scenario if it happens.
This is true silverado!!! There was a news in newspapers and this is discussed few pages back. Its going to be hell of a commute once the reconstruction starts.

Last edited by bblost : 8th February 2012 at 14:07. Reason: quoted post had multiple smileys.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:01   #1128
Senior - BHPian

No no no... That isnt going to happen. That shouldnt happen. It will be too painful for the next 4-5 years (or whatever it takes to build the new one) for everybody. Ideal thing to do is make it 2-wheeler only to reduce the load, and exit for Baner/Kothrud/Katraj/Sus guys below the Balewadi flyover. 4-wheelers and heavy vehicles going towards Wakad can take the Kalakhadak route.
Old 8th February 2012, 12:13   #1129
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
No no no... That isnt going to happen. That shouldnt happen. It will be too painful for the next 4-5 years (or whatever it takes to build the new one) for everybody. Ideal thing to do is make it 2-wheeler only to reduce the load.
They can build a flyover above existing hinjewadi bridge for highway traffic and simply allow vehicles coming from hinjewadi to turn right to Baner below the existing bridge.

Last edited by silverado : 8th February 2012 at 12:17.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:02   #1130
Senior - BHPian

Save Hinjewadi Traffic movement on facebook is asking for volunteers to take a count of the traffic movement to and from Hinjewadi in the evening.
I believe these people have the ear of some pawerful people and may help our cause.
Old 8th February 2012, 14:08   #1131
Senior - BHPian

I believe it is going to happen. Rather, thats the only way it should happen. Sure, commuting to and fro would be a chaos during those times, a nightmare even. But, taking into consideration the long term use, thats the way it should happen.

Building one, over the existing is out of question. This is India guys, Hinjewadi at that. Not the US or Europe!
Old 8th February 2012, 15:01   #1132
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Building one, over the existing is out of question. This is India guys, Hinjewadi at that. Not the US or Europe!
Be positive sir..its happening at nashik phata, they are building pune's first multi layered Flyover. But Building it at Hinjewadi over a running traffic would be a challenge.
Old 8th February 2012, 16:33   #1133
Distinguished - BHPian

So the good ol' bridge'll come down? Interesting. I guess a lot of us will be migrating to the office buses if that happens!

On a serious note, it is very much necessary. I still remember the pain it used to be to cross the Wakad chowk when opting to use the expressway or the old NH4 via Ravet a few years back. More than the traffic, the chaos at this junction was horrible especially during peak hours.
Old 9th February 2012, 10:34   #1134
Senior - BHPian

The right turn under the bridge is actually proving to be a boon to many wanting to go to Baner/Kothrud.

The time taken to reach home has actually reduced by 15-20 minutes because of that right turn. Hope they let it remain the way it is, or come up with a proper solution soon.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:03   #1135
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
The right turn under the bridge is actually proving to be a boon to many wanting to go to Baner/Kothrud.

The time taken to reach home has actually reduced by 15-20 minutes because of that right turn. Hope they let it remain the way it is, or come up with a proper solution soon.
+1 for this. Yesterday for the first time i was able to take this route since it was opened. It was a breeze at 8.00 PM. I felt nostalgic taking the route under the wakad bridge after so many months.
Old 9th February 2012, 11:48   #1136
Distinguished - BHPian

Has anyone realized (other than me) that the travel time in the evening has reduced considerably, in terms of the duration as well as the congestion.

On an average it takes me 1-1.5 hours from Kharadi to Phase 3 in the morning, while the return time is averaging just less than an hour, even when I leave after 6 p.m.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:23   #1137
BHPian

Quote:

Yes,this really reduced time to reach highway. But from last two days, there seems to be a new problem. For us in Phase 1, there is huge queue to join Hinjewadi main road at Shivaji chowk. Yesterday, the queue stretched till Lemon Tree hotel. It took me 10 minutes from Phase 1 circle to Shivaji chowk.
Old 9th February 2012, 12:27   #1138
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by radek View Post
But from last two days, there seems to be a new problem. For us in Phase 1, there is huge queue to join Hinjewadi main road at Shivaji chowk. Yesterday, the queue stretched till Lemon Tree hotel. It took me 10 minutes from Phase 1 circle to Shivaji chowk.
Thats because most busses leaving Ph1 take the Orange route to go to Ginger underpass. That road being narrow, only a certain amount of vehicles can go at a point in time.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 11:02   #1139
BHPian

Was coming from Kothrud today morning. NH4 bypass resembled like HJW chowk
Spotted a police vehicle(Sumo) MH12XX 6498 driven by a thulla without seat belt and doing zig zags without any indicator. Heard on radio about traffic jams at various parts of the city.
Turned left from Sus road to enter HJW through the village route. Lot of improvements
1. Nice road till Symbiosis
2. No potholes, though uneven road till Chande village entry (after bridge)
3. 150m pothole road, max speed 10kmph
4. Once you turn left from Chande towards Phase 3, the authorities have embedded stones on the road, dont know why
5. Nice scenery throughout the village area - windows down, sunroof open, basking in sunshine on a Monday morning.
6. Road widening is in progress post Symbiosis and within the village - though looking at the quality, it will not last more than a month of rains
rahul_sinha is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 13th February 2012, 14:13   #1140
Senior - BHPian

Hinjewadi Industries Association is now on Facebook and Twitter.

Welcome to Facebook - Log In, Sign Up or Learn More

https://twitter.com/#!/HinjeIndsAssoc

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks