Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 2nd September 2010, 17:19   #106
BHPian

@sajo, Anil and Biju: Thanks for the clarifications on the route.
Re: Janmashtami celebrations, I guess the phase 1 chowk will be blocked so better take the left turn at Mezza9 itself.
Old 2nd September 2010, 23:20   #107
BHPian

Pune BHPians

If anyone wants to or knows someone travelling to Hinjewadi from nearby kalyani nagar, yerwada interested in car pooling, please reply to my post.

Weekday's 8:00 am (departure) - 6:00 pm (return)

3 seats available in my beat, also looking for a ride if available
Old 3rd September 2010, 14:10   #108
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Thanks Biju for correcting me!

However, a u-turn is allowed at the blue left turn!
Yes, U turn is allowed there, but I think even the new diversion (taking the left and then joining the mumbai bangalore highway at hinjewadi flyover) is not a bad option.

Personally I recommend that take a left towards mumbai from under the flyover and take a U turn from the underpass after mycar, much eaiser and route with the best road condition
Old 10th September 2010, 14:43   #109
BHPian

Now that its been 1+ week with the changes it'll be interesting to hear from people about how this has impacted them. Are things better now or worse than before?
Old 10th September 2010, 23:58   #110
BHPian

I am pleasantly surprised that these route restrictions are indeed working. I've been timing my departure from phase 2 around 7 ish for the past week and I am able to hit the highway in abt 20 minutes and another 15 mins to Chandani Chowk. The traffic from Hinjewadi Chowk to the flyover is constantly moving and I hardly see anyone driving on the incoming lanes.

Things are different on the flyover with two lanes merging into one as the flyover ends - so a fair bit of congestion there.

Would love to hear about experiences at other times of the day.
Old 11th September 2010, 23:04   #111
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I am pleasantly surprised that these route restrictions are indeed working.
Indeed they are!
Apart from a couple of instances wherein I found the road behind Mezza9 to be jam packed with trucks, have stopped taking it and instead take the route illustrated by Biju in the map and there is a definite improvement in the time it takes me to join the highway.
The sealing off of the breaks in the median on the road leading towards the flyover , has lead to a negligible number of people going from the wrong side , which is a good thing.
However the traffic while going to office is now really really heavy, even at 11 AM.

Quote:
Originally Posted by COUGAR View Post
If this was the situation on a saturday afternoon, i dread to think what it will be like when the sweatshops located in Hinjawadi open and close each day!
Hey thats not fair..!

We have airconditioning you know... Nobody can see the sweat!
Old 12th September 2010, 01:09   #112
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Hey thats not fair..!

We have airconditioning you know... Nobody can see the sweat!
Right said sajo, only everyone can smell it.

As someone whose work environs are not always air con when I walk into some of the big centrally air conditioned buildings I am hit by this mix of sweat, stale air, air freshners, sweat, perfume(s), ciggies(inspite of the no smoking signages), phenol, sweat and let us not go further in the direction of the facilities.

Maybe I have an oversensitive nose but the real culprit is the typical central air conditioning system which is usually nothing more than a big chilling unit in that it does not allow for stale air to vent out and fresh air to be drawn in. At the end of the day one is left with a heavy head as the stagnant air is simple sucked in to the system chilled some more and let back in over and over again without any actual air change taking place.
Old 12th September 2010, 09:29   #113
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Now that its been 1+ week with the changes it'll be interesting to hear from people about how this has impacted them. Are things better now or worse than before?
of course they are working for me! My travel time though decreased by just 10-15 minutes my mileage seem to be improving it used to be 15-16 it has now jumped to 17-18.

I am now looking forward to jamless roads in the morning too. With the barricades in place morning jams seem to have increased!
Old 12th September 2010, 23:25   #114
Senior - BHPian

I visited Pune from Bombay today and the absence of jams was a pleasant experience. However, when you are coming from Aundh, having to go all the way till Sadanand to make a U-turn - and I wonder how bad the jams will be under the overpass on weekdays - is a little too long. And then we have to still come and wait at the signal under the Hinjewadi flyover.

Would it be a better idea for Aundh-Bombay traffic to take the Hinjewadi flyover, make a U-turn on the Hinjewadi side and take a free left to get onto the bypass towards Bombay?
Old 12th September 2010, 23:37   #115
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Would it be a better idea for Aundh-Bombay traffic to take the Hinjewadi flyover, make a U-turn on the Hinjewadi side and take a free left to get onto the bypass towards Bombay?
Yes, it will be - Though it depends on the time of the day. But I think coming from Aundh, it might make sense to continue straight at Jagtap dairy and joining the highway via Dange Chowk. Basically any route that allows you to join the highway at the Wakad police chowky junction would be good.
Old 12th September 2010, 23:46   #116
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
But I think coming from Aundh, it might make sense to continue straight at Jagtap dairy and joining the highway via Dange Chowk. Basically any route that allows you to join the highway at the Wakad police chowky junction would be good.
Dange Chowk will lead to the Ginger Hotel underpass?
But isn't the Dange Chowk a congested junction?
Old 13th September 2010, 09:43   #117
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by hvkumar View Post
Dange Chowk will lead to the Ginger Hotel underpass?
But isn't the Dange Chowk a congested junction?
Yes.
That is correct. Dange Chowk was congested, but IIRC the traffic police has taken some measures (traffic islands etc) to facilitate smooth traffic movement.

You would have noticed that the road from Aundh after the octroi naka is undergoing widening for the proposed Aundh -Ravet corridor. This is planned on similar lines as the old NH4 from Dehu-Dapodi with grade separator and the works. IMO, once that is complete, Aundh-Ravet-Eway could become the preferred route. Even now, traffic is sparse on the section from Dange Chowk to Ravet.
Old 21st September 2010, 20:26   #118
Senior - BHPian

Anybody else waiting up in office waiting for the massive traffic Jam to clear up ? From my friends who have started out as early as 6.30 PM, they still havent crossed hinjewadi as I type this at almost 8.30 PM. I plan to go straight and not the Mezza9 route later in the day, maybe after an hour.

I heard the road was going to be blocked, is it true ?
Old 21st September 2010, 20:50   #119
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Anybody else waiting up in office waiting for the massive traffic Jam to clear up ? From my friends who have started out as early as 6.30 PM, they still havent crossed hinjewadi as I type this at almost 8.30 PM. I plan to go straight and not the Mezza9 route later in the day, maybe after an hour.

I heard the road was going to be blocked, is it true ?
I am here, waiting to clear the mess.
Old 21st September 2010, 21:37   #120
Senior - BHPian

Just back from office! took me 2.5 hours.

2hours from hinjewadi phase 3 to mezza9. half an hour from there to Bhawdhan! via dange chowk underpass!!

Most Viewed