Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 28th February 2012, 09:43   #1186
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

One lane from the opposite direction was open today as well for traffic going towards Hinjewadi chowk. I think this is going to remain open for some days. But i don't think it is really helping and it won't, unless the bottleneck at the chowk is resolved by widening the roads. Below was the traffic situation at 8.30 AM. The line extended all the way till Marriot.

I think the cops are atleast trying different options and should be appreciated. But the authorities who need to act on the road building do not seem to do anything. Atleast it is not visible.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00159.jpg

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img00160.jpg
amitwlele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 10:36   #1187
Senior - BHPian

Appreciate the Traffic cops' initiative , but at 9 AM today morning, it had made very little difference to the amount of time taken by my bus to reach HJW chowk.
The reversible lanes extend all the way till there. There was also a heavy police presence on the entire stretch.
Inspite of this, some bikers and cars STILL go over on the other side of the barriers if their side is slowing down or at a standstill.
Old 28th February 2012, 11:22   #1188
Senior - BHPian

Today I did a small experiment. Instead of turning left at BHEL junction to join the highway, I decided to go until Sus road and then took the Nanded-Hinjewadi route the following are the observations.

1) Total time from Bavdhan->Sus->Nande->Phase3->DLF (drop wife)->Phase 3: 37 minutes.

2) Total Distance: 22 Kms (total distance to phase 3 is 20Kms and to DLF is 21 odd kms)

For reference: Total distance from Phase 3 ->Hinjewadi -> Wakad -> bavdhan is around 19 Kms.
Phase 3 -> Mezza 9-> Ginger Hotel-> Bavdhan is 20 odd KMs

3) Road condition good generally. A stretch of 500 meters is having bad but motorable potholes. And a stretch just before the Megapolis turn is having a road that resembles rumblers because of an unsurfaced road, except for that the drive is hassle free.

Verdict: A good option for Phase 3/ DLF/Phase 1, people when you don't wanna drive through traffic and sure way to reach on time
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

EDIT: Anil, I suppose you mean Nande village and not Nanded! Is it the same route that goes to Sus road from the back of your office?
Last monsoon, there was some talk of the road condition not being too well, but later on, that discussion just stopped.

Edit: @ Swanand, yes it is Nande, excuse the typo :P. Yes it indeed is the same route behind my office. In fact the roads were bad until recently, but they all are relaid now for most part, thanks to the elections.

Last edited by anilisanil : 28th February 2012 at 11:33.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 28th February 2012, 11:23   #1189
Senior - BHPian

Agreed Ojas, even at 9:30 the traffic scenario was the same as usual. The 'extra' lane isnt really helping, the way it should.
I did see the six seaters and bikers occupy the last lane too! How greedy can one get?!

EDIT: Anil, I suppose you mean Nande village and not Nanded! Is it the same route that goes to Sus road from the back of your office?
Last monsoon, there was some talk of the road condition not being too well, but later on, that discussion just stopped.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 28th February 2012 at 11:25. Reason: Adding text
Old 28th February 2012, 12:11   #1190
Senior - BHPian

Now added to the traffic woes, is this :

Three robbery incidents in Hinjewadi on Sunday - The Times of India
Old 28th February 2012, 12:25   #1191
BANNED

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Today I did a small experiment. Instead of turning left at BHEL junction to join the highway, I decided to go until Sus road and then took the Nande-Hinjewadi route (...)

Verdict: A good option for Phase 3/ DLF/Phase 1, people when you don't wanna drive through traffic and sure way to reach on time
Hi anil..

Can you pls share google map for road you are referring till phase 3 tech M?

Thanks.

Your inbox seems to be full so could not PM you.

Last edited by noopster : 6th March 2012 at 09:36. Reason: Please don't quote an entire post- makes it difficult for our mobile users- thanks!
Old 29th February 2012, 10:30   #1192
BBT
BHPian

Huge queues on nh4 from balewadi octroi post. Still stuck :-(.

Update: truck broken down in left lane

Last edited by BBT : 29th February 2012 at 10:33.
Old 6th March 2012, 09:30   #1193
Senior - BHPian

Hows the extra lane idea working now? When I reach at 8:30 in the morning, its a pleasant drive till the chowk. All the 3+1 lanes are full, but its a flowing traffic.
Old 6th March 2012, 13:33   #1194
Senior - BHPian

^^Its working pretty well, till one reaches the main chowk. Post that, its all the same, bottleneck.

However, the extra lane has helped in reducing travel time by a great extent. Rarely would one see serpentine queues till Shivaji Chowk now.
Old 6th March 2012, 14:40   #1195
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Hows the extra lane idea working now? When I reach at 8:30 in the morning, its a pleasant drive till the chowk. All the 3+1 lanes are full, but its a flowing traffic.
It's working well. Best part is people wanting to go in Courtyard Marriot & neghibouring buildings directly uses extra lane. Hence free flow in main 3 lanes till chowk.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:05   #1196
Senior - BHPian

Major jam from Sai Service till Wipro Ph2. Literal crawling speeds.

Reason, god alone knows.
Old 7th March 2012, 10:11   #1197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Major jam from Sai Service till Wipro Ph2. Literal crawling speeds.

Reason, god alone knows.
Yup. It is annoying that even at 8:30 there was a big jam - buses, trucks and the usuals (read: cars, bikes). There was an abandoned bus at the left side of left lane in front of wipro phase2 but not on the road and an abandoned hatch. Not sure they were the reason though.

Looks like I need to start for work at 7:30-ish to beat the traffic
Old 7th March 2012, 10:25   #1198
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Yup.
Looks like I need to start for work at 7:30-ish to beat the traffic
I have been starting work 7:30 ish since last two years now after being frustrated in traffic jams. The drive and the overall work life balance has improved there after. Though I may have to take calls from home later but thats manageable
Old 8th March 2012, 09:25   #1199
BHPian

What a pleasurable drive today at 9:00 am through Hinjewadi !!! I wish I could wake up late everyday if this kind of negligible traffic persists everyday. But alas it will last only for day or two. Looks like many companies in Hinjewadi have holiday today.
It took me less than 25 minutes to reach phase 2 from Chandani chowk.

Though there was an extra lane created by cops but no one was using it. Cops were unaware of the holiday today.
Old 9th March 2012, 11:09   #1200
Senior - BHPian

Even today, the run was pretty smooth. Poeple must've taken an off today, and made it an extended long weekend. Reached office in 40 mins flat, from Kothrud.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks