Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th April 2012, 12:32   #1246
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Another unnecessary jam today on the highway. Took me 30 minutes just to cross the stretch between Balewadi stadium - Hinjewadi bridge.

The only reason I could find was drivers taking the service road and entering the highway again just before the bridge, slowing down everyone in the process.
Old 17th April 2012, 10:47   #1247
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
The only reason I could find was drivers taking the service road and entering the highway again just before the bridge, slowing down everyone in the process.
Actually there was a broken down truck near Balawadi stadium. It did not totally block the traffic, it just slowed down. But as you said, looking at slow traffic in front, people started taking service road creating problem where it merges with main road.

Yesterday night around post 8pm, highway was total bumper to bumper from Praj to Chandani chowk. There was truck broken down just before Chandani chowk. Post Chandani chow, I could drive on good empty road, but soon ended up at another jam near Warje where main highway was closed for highway expansion work. All traffic was diverted through service road. Took 1.5 hours to reach home.
Old 17th April 2012, 11:36   #1248
BHPian

First Showers goes badly on traffic. From Praz to Chandani chowk it was bumper to bumper and from Bhawdhan to Chandani chock we had 4 lanes in 2 lanes. Took exactly 2 hours from Praz turn - Bhawdan to Chandani chowk. Whereas From Hinzewadi Phase 3 to Praz took 30 min.
Old 17th April 2012, 14:29   #1249
BHPian

i20 Accident in Hinjewadi

Did Anybody see the accident of Grey i20 being driven in wrong direction at some 8:45 AM on 16th April 2012. A nearly new i20 was being driven in opposite direction when it was slammed by an oncoming vehicle Slammed from the passenger side, the car looked to be fully damaged. So much damage for saving few minutes.

Dont know when would we Indians know how dangerous it is to go in Opposite lane. When would we ever learn driving with responsibility .
Old 17th April 2012, 14:51   #1250
Distinguished - BHPian

nayaksrinivasv, where exactly did this happen? The stretch from Wakad flyover to Shivaji Chowk at the time you mention happens to have one lane from oncoming lane converted to accomodate Hinjewadi-bound traffic. It is a little dangrous since there are vehicles that take U-turns across these lanes which is why one needs to extra cautious on that stretch.
Old 18th April 2012, 16:58   #1251
BHPian

Happened on the bridge before the Octroi Check post.
Old 20th April 2012, 12:18   #1252
Senior - BHPian

How are the sweet roads of Hinjewadi (they are made up of sugar and dissolve away at the first hint of water) coping with the recent rainfalls , which start just as people are starting to return ?
I havent been to office in more than a month (work from home!), hence asking..
Old 20th April 2012, 14:07   #1253
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
How are the sweet roads of Hinjewadi (they are made up of sugar and dissolve away at the first hint of water) coping with the recent rainfalls , which start just as people are starting to return ?
I havent been to office in more than a month (work from home!), hence asking..
Untill now sugar has not been melted. May be they will require fullfledge monsoon.
Oh yes we definitily had Chocolate Syrup after yesterdays showers!

And for one month of WFH?
Old 20th April 2012, 15:26   #1254
BHPian

Sajo - should I send my resume? One month WFH? wow.

Lucky fellows those who escaped from syrup on the road. I think, I have to start building on my patience again and start on four wheels again, resting my Bird at home.
Old 20th April 2012, 19:51   #1255
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Sajo - should I send my resume? .
And should I send you mine ?

Quote:
Lucky fellows those who escaped from syrup on the road. I think, I have to start building on my patience again and start on four wheels again, resting my Bird at home.
If you start using 4 wheels instead of two you will simply double your HJW commuting time. Wish I could park my car (whenever I get it tht is) just after the NH4 and maybe rent a bicycle or something to get to my workplace in PH1. It will still be faster than a car.

PS : Will take the resume thing over to PM!
Old 23rd April 2012, 09:11   #1256
BHPian

An HCV stuck just at the circle in front of Wipro Phase 2, causing snarls at 8:45am. I guess these HCVs have affinity towards Wipro phase 2
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:08   #1257
BHPian

I used the Hinjewadi road after a long long time on Thursday (19-Apr) evening, went to pick my wife. Started from Blue ridge Phase 1 at 7:25 PM and it took more than 30 mins to reach the wakad flyover, there was a bumper to bumper traffic from Infosys Phase 1 till Soundarya. Add to it a car broke down and added to the chaos.
The most scary part was Hinjewadi chowk, buses take the outer lane and while taking the right turn, their angle is not for the faint hearted. Add to it the people standing by the roadside and the lane got narrower. And traffic police in their bid to help, opened another lane towards the wrong side of the circle and it became free for all.
Who is the smart guy who designed the 6 lane road becoming a 4 lane just before the octroi naka, beats me completely! Just shifting one bottleneck to the next.

Maybe some guy designed it on the computer and implemented without Stress Test / Load Test / UAT

Last edited by Meer : 23rd April 2012 at 10:11. Reason: spelling mistake
Old 23rd April 2012, 10:12   #1258
BHPian

Saw Fiesta badly hitted on front today 7:40 in the morning at 6sitter stand before KPIT cummins. Couldn't figure out what happened but driver was safe.

This stand is one of accident prone locations. Two things makes it so. One is U-turn & other is all 6sitter parked like hell. I think I've never seen full two lanes available for normal traffic use in that 50 meter stretch.
Old 24th April 2012, 11:49   #1259
Senior - BHPian

Returned to office after many many days today ("abey, shaadi karne gaaya tha kya..?" / "Chocolates kahaan hai, onsite se aaya na?") , and was pleasantly surprised to find that the orange route is now widened. Except for 25% of the road which is still bad , this seems promising. Reached HJW chowk in 5 mins flat.

@Zalaps, the road widening has had no effect at that spot thanks to roadside vendors and 6 seaters and in general a huge amount of garbage left there.
Old 25th April 2012, 09:33   #1260
BHPian

Guys,
Found a new route (once again) to Hinjewadi. From Bhumkar chowk, proceed till T-junction, take a right (left will take you to Mezza 9, normal route), proceed till HP petrol pump. After that take a left turn, the road is winding but cemented (yep), till you reach a 20m dirt road to enter Embassy Tech Zone (housing Geometric, Atos, Synechron and Mahindra Engineering), exit Embassy Tech Zone (straight road as an arrow). No one asks for any sort of pass at this point, at least as of now. Proceed ahead and you will reach Wipro phase 2 circle.

Today, tried this route, from the T-junction to Infy phase 2, took 5 minutes, when traffic was to the brim on the left side of T-junction.

Attached map for convenience
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-new-route-ph2-bhumkar-chowk.jpg
rahul_sinha is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks