Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th May 2012, 11:12   #1321
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

Grapevine is, the Mahalunge road work might begin afterall. Not that I believe this, but does seem like a glimmer of hope to me.
Hope that's true.
If this really happens, this one route can take more than 50% of the traffic off the main Hinjewadi road. But for this route to be more practical, it should have a new bridge crossing river west of Blue ridge and then joinng St. Luarn-Megapolis road before (east of) Man village.
Old 17th May 2012, 09:35   #1322
BHPian

A long trailer is stuck near Wipro Phase 2, can cause traffic snarl later on.
Use the HJW Chowk-Phase 1-St Laurn-Mane village route if possible. At 0830 there was minimal traffic, today being a Thursday!
Old 17th May 2012, 09:44   #1323
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
A layer is also laid on the earlier stretch between the nullah and HJW chowk. This layer does not carry all the way to the chowk but ends say 50 yards short. Just before a humongous crater filled with water.
Noticed this morning that the surfacing is done upto HJW chowk for one half of the road. Interestingly the traffic on this road has not increased since the condition has been improved. During evening, it takes me just 5-6 mins to cover the stretch from KPIT to Bhumkar chowk.

Also the earlier chaos at Bhumkar chowk with the two roads merging is almost gone. Wonder how?
Old 17th May 2012, 11:40   #1324
Senior - BHPian

Got this via email (being a member), thought of sharing here.
For those who are not aware about SPTM(Save Pune Traffic movement), please read here.

Hello everyone,

Some people want to talk about a very hot topic on Katta:
Traffic in Hinjewadi!

To make it convenient for everyone to vent it out, the Katta moves back to Sambhaji Park this time. And yeah, one of the things we will talk about is "would we only vent it out or can we also do something about it!"

Please come to-

TRAFFIC KATTA !
An S.P.T.M. initiative

A meeting place for all ‘Traffic Friends’!
Bring your friends, bring your kids!!

Sunday, 20-May-2012, at 5:30 pm at Sambhaji Park, J.M.Road.

Wikimapia link: Wikimapia - Let's describe the whole world!

(We generally sit under the concrete shed directly behind the Gadkari Statue and right under the '+' sign in the Wikimapia map above. Using the park's entrance near Balgandharva will make it easier to find us.)

See you there!

- SPTM Team
Old 17th May 2012, 11:59   #1325
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Noticed this morning that the surfacing is done upto HJW chowk for one half of the road. Interestingly the traffic on this road has not increased since the condition has been improved. During evening, it takes me just 5-6 mins to cover the stretch from KPIT to Bhumkar chowk.

Also the earlier chaos at Bhumkar chowk with the two roads merging is almost gone. Wonder how?
What about nullah? Are there any signs of new construction for that?
Old 17th May 2012, 12:02   #1326
BHPian

Something is definitely being done. Rubble has been deposited towards one side to extend the width of the road as it crosses the nullah. I don't know if there are plans to make a culvert over it. The road over the nullah is also significantly better now with recent resurfacing. There is enough space for a bus and a car to pass side-by side.
Old 22nd May 2012, 19:17   #1327
Senior - BHPian

Dedicated to the visitors of this unfortunate thread :

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hiwadi.jpg
sajo is offline   (11) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:35   #1328
BHPian

Massive traffic jam right now on the road leading to Bhumkar chowk. Reasons?? All that you can can think of!!

1) Marriage procession (cars parked all over the road).
2) Road construction.
3) People driving in wrong direction.

Grrr!! Hinjewadi I am sure is the shabbiest 'IT Park' on this planet.Infrastructure is a big joke to say the least.
ironshark is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:42   #1329
Senior - BHPian

Thanks for the update ironshark. I was about to leave office, will delay it for some time I guess, or take the WakadFlyover route.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ironshark View Post
Grrr!! Hinjewadi I am sure is the shabbiest 'IT Park' on this planet.Infrastructure is a big joke to say the least.
You can say tht again. And Again. And Again. And Again. And it still wont make the slightest of difference to the powers that be.
Old 22nd May 2012, 20:57   #1330
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo
Thanks for the update ironshark. I was about to leave office, will delay it for some time I guess, or take the WakadFlyover route.
Sajo - whatever route you plan to take,don't even think of leaving for another 30 mins at least. I left office at 7.15 and have reached just now. Left foot is aching like anything driving at snails pace in bumper to bumper traffic. Add stress to that caused due to 'educated' fools driving in all possible directions!! We seriously don't deserve this infrastructure after paying all those taxes. Extremely sad state of affairs I must say.

Last edited by ironshark : 22nd May 2012 at 20:58.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:28   #1331
Senior - BHPian

I missed reading your post ironshark, and left a few minutes after 9, expecting to get all the road to myself at that hour. But there was 6pm like congestion all through. Which is very strange, I was expecting to find some unusual reason along the road hampering the free flow, but I found none.
Old 23rd May 2012, 09:57   #1332
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Dedicated to the visitors of this unfortunate thread :

Attachment 930792

Though it is absolutely true. I am still clueless about yesterday's massive jam. I started off at 7pm from Embassy Tech Zone via Marunji village and reached Bhumkar chowk by 7:45pm
There were times when I was not sure whether I should fold my OVRMs or not

or.. put up a huge poster (vaad-divas kinda) on right side stating - "Educated morons crossing on right side"

People are losing even the smallest iota of compassion possible.
Old 23rd May 2012, 10:03   #1333
Senior - BHPian

Were there any cops at Bhumkar Chowk ?
They were still manning Shivaji Chowk yesterday at around 9.20 pm. Yes, it took me 20 mins to get from Mezza9 to Shivaji Chowk.

The McD junction is messed up though, quite thoroughly. I see many minor mishaps on it and some fistfights too. At night it becomes worse thanks to high beams from all sides.
Old 23rd May 2012, 11:34   #1334
BHPian

I think we all travelling to hinzewadi install WAZE application on mobile and create a group over there for runtime update on traffic. This should be helpfull in deciding which route to take in case of massive jam or something.
Old 23rd May 2012, 12:00   #1335
Distinguished - BHPian

You guys obviously don't follow IPL

Last night Delhi Daredevils took on KKR in the first of the playoffs (Kolkata won, yay!) at the Subrata Roy Sahara stadium. The match started at 8 pm which meant Northbound traffic would have peaked around 5-6 pm. I learnt my lesson when I was TDing the Ertiga over the weekend at MyCar, so avoided the Bhumkar Chowk route completely.

Left around 7 pm, went straight and took a right under the Wakad flyover, no trouble at all!
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks