Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 31st May 2012, 20:31   #1366
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post

My 6 yr old daughter goes to day care. I told the daughter about my plans, she said she will be bored with me and wants to go to day care.

After arguing with her for sometime, I ended up in God-forsaken-HJW again
Man!! Kids sure know how to burst one's bubble. Having 2 yr old myself, I can sympathize with you.

RE: Traffic, I felt that the number of vehicles *almost* comparable to regular days. I stay in Pimple Saudagar and benefited by around 5 mins compared to regular commute time
Old 1st June 2012, 11:02   #1367
Senior - BHPian

It takes around 4 minutes from Wakad Flyover to get to Mindtree junction while on bike. Sticking to the leftmost lane. Go offroad when required, especially beyond the Shell bunk.
Number of times I had to put my feet on the ground on this strech : Zero.
The traffic otherwise seems normal , density wise.
Old 4th June 2012, 11:16   #1368
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Dedicated to the visitors of this unfortunate thread :

Attachment 930792
Sajo,

this picture is making the rounds on our company bulletin board! getting good response. Source is from FB though...
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th June 2012, 12:10   #1369
BHPian

The petrol pump near the Embassy Tech Zone (just before the left turn towards Marunji village) charges less than those 'inside' HJW area too.
Diesel: Rs 44.xx, Petrol: Rs 76.xx (prior to Rs 2 cut)

Unfortunately, once monsoons commence, I will have to let go of this route owing to the dirt track just before entering Embassy Tech Zone.
Old 5th June 2012, 09:39   #1370
Senior - BHPian

I saw a group of cyclists in HJW today, and by group, there were almost 15 to 20 people. Noticing them for the first time. Any of us bhpians amongst the group?
Old 5th June 2012, 10:23   #1371
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Unfortunately, once monsoons commence, I will have to let go of this route owing to the dirt track just before entering Embassy Tech Zone.
Another woe to this list - non-standard speed breakers have been installed inside the Marunji village - be careful. Saw a swift's bottom smacked by one of them.
Old 6th June 2012, 10:49   #1372
Distinguished - BHPian

Whattay beautiful weather!

Even though I opted to drive through the rain around 8 a.m, which ensured I didn't go over 40 during the entire drive, it took me only 20-25 mins to reach office.

Heard from a few colleagues (who landed up around 10) it took them over an hour to pass Hinjewadi traffic! Guess it pays to come early to office!
Old 6th June 2012, 12:20   #1373
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ You betcha!

I rolled down my windows for the first time since February and enjoyed the cool damp breeze on the way in. Noticed that even the chronic honkers quiet down when the weather gets nice?

Am taking the usual Hinjewadi main road route these days instead of Mezza9 and it seems to be the quickest way in.
Old 6th June 2012, 13:00   #1374
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Sajo,

this picture is making the rounds on our company bulletin board! getting good response. Source is from FB though...
Hehe..I had posted it on my FB profile too. A few hundred random (unknown to me) people had shared it from there.

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
I saw a group of cyclists in HJW today, and by group, there were almost 15 to 20 people. Noticing them for the first time. Any of us bhpians amongst the group?
The number of cyclists that I used to see in HJW has gone up by atleast 100% in the past year or six months. It was Zero when I started coming out here 5 years ago , now I see half a dozen turning into my company's lane itself every morning.

Ohh, and I almost forgot the Mandatory comment about Traffic :
Was quite heavy today morning ~9ish. Heavier than usual infact.
Old 6th June 2012, 14:58   #1375
Senior - BHPian

This dude was probably in a hurry to get home and enjoy the lovely weather. Sadly, this is what it resulted into.....

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-photo.jpg

Pic Courtesy: BHPian Dueller. He was the one who saw the accident.

No one was injured. Cant say the same about the Liva though :(.
Old 6th June 2012, 15:57   #1376
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
This dude was probably in a hurry to get home and enjoy the lovely weather. Sadly, this is what it resulted into.....
I was going to ask about same incident. Sad state of affair. Generally people coming in/out from DLF assumes they are at the dead end of world and will take blind entry/turn on main road.

After this perticular incident it was usual scene of jammed road till TechM circle. Jam in Phase 3 You See!
Old 6th June 2012, 16:53   #1377
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Attachment 937309

Apparently the car belongs to one of my colleague's team-mate. The car is 4 months old. Still trying to get the finer details about the incident.

@zalaps - quite true. The entry/exit into DLF is a pain - irrespective of whatever time it is. Thank god for the speed-brakers inside the DLF office. I wish they had one on the main road, just around the junction too!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 6th June 2012 at 16:53. Reason: grammer
Old 6th June 2012, 17:00   #1378
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Apparently the car belongs to one of my colleague's team-mate. The car is 4 months old. Still trying to get the finer details about the incident.
Ouch ouch ouch, that would have hurt!
Did that person crash into their own company bus?
Old 6th June 2012, 20:07   #1379
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

@Swanand - For once you were not at the right place at the right time. and someone had to update you about the accident.

Man 4 month old vehicle. I can imagine the pain the person might be going through. I hope this was not his first 4 wheel ride.
amitwlele is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 15:24   #1380
BHPian

Have been facing issues on road in specific times wrt these company buses in Hinjewadi :

These buses vary in size from 24 seater to 72 seater may be ...but all of them have many common traits like:
- Drive as rash as possible
- Drive in a convoy on road , hog as many lanes as possible in parallel.
- Bully other vehicles esp new cars/ lady drivers. They always stop a few mm behind your car...accident might happen any time.
- Many times they push your car towards the divider unless you allow them to swerve left / right whenever they want.
- I have seen these buses even going against the traffic in opposite lane certain jam situations ( EG Mezza9 route in Hinj)

There are few prominent names like MP Group travels ( I am found them most notorious)....all guys in hinj will know these monsters. Even the PMT buses drive much better than these notorious mp bus drivers.

Not sure if any complaints to local police / authorities will help. The individual drivers on road are really pis*ed off and frustrated with these morons on road.

Even if you can see the accident photo above , its a MP group bus ....can make out from the white side body with yellow border , observed yesterday evening.

Is there any solution guys ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks