Search this Thread
Old 7th June 2012, 15:47   #1381
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post

Is there any solution guys ?
Quick fix and workable solution is:

- Try to leave office or come to office at times when there are the least number of company buses
- Stay away and always allow them the right of way. They have a bigger vehicle and the drivers anyway don't own it and care little about some scratches or dents on it.

Other options which can be tried but getting results is next to impossible:
- Calling up MP travels/other companies and complaining about them, which is not going to result in any concrete action. I have earlier called up Travel Time to complain about their cabbies but hardly helps.
- Post on Pune TP Facebook Page and you would get the standard response that the complaint has been forwarded to the concerned police station and it is the end of the story.
- Contact your individual company transport department and update them about the issues. But i don't think they have any control on the drivers once they are on the road.
Old 7th June 2012, 16:18   #1382
Senior - BHPian

Is there a solution?

Yes, there is! Note down the number of these buses and circulate them amongst us fellow Hinjewadians. Its highly posssible that these buses are used in our companies itself. If the same is confirmed, we can launch an official complaint of reckless driving (at least in the company transport department).

P.S: About that pic I posted, it was the car drivers fault. Not that these bus drivers are saints.. but, just saying.

EDIT: Amit, the company does have control. If a significant number of complaints are launched against a particular provider, his contract with that company can be terminated.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 7th June 2012 at 16:21. Reason: Added text
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 7th June 2012, 18:23   #1383
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Drive as rash as possible
In the morning hours I always find company buses run in parallel/overtaking from Johnson Control to Wipro Phase 2. Come on man how many minutes will you save by overtaking another bus. Actually passive breaking in these overtaking acts slows down the traffic.

O.T: There is no point in speeding to destination when passengers are not eager to reach there.
Old 7th June 2012, 18:30   #1384
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
O.T: There is no point in speeding to destination when passengers are not eager to reach there.
This is just an one-liner which will be 'liked' in facebook by 99 % of IT guys in Hinj :-)
Old 8th June 2012, 08:59   #1385
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Is there a solution?

Yes, there is! Note down the number of these buses and circulate them amongst us fellow Hinjewadians. Its highly posssible that these buses are used in our companies itself. If the same is confirmed, we can launch an official complaint of reckless driving (at least in the company transport department).

P.S: About that pic I posted, it was the car drivers fault. Not that these bus drivers are saints.. but, just saying.

EDIT: Amit, the company does have control. If a significant number of complaints are launched against a particular provider, his contract with that company can be terminated.
I agree with you on this, companies do take action if its brought to their notice as the also want their employees reaching office safe and sound.

If numbers are published or send as PM to me, I can help, send it out the HR/FMG/Security team of all companies in HJW.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 09:04   #1386
Senior - BHPian

The best way to beat Hinjewadi traffic is to change your office timings.

Come early and leave early
Come late and leave late

In fact all companies should sit toghether and have slightly different timings for buses to de-congest.
Old 8th June 2012, 09:37   #1387
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by silverado View Post
The best way to beat Hinjewadi traffic is to change your office timings.

Come early and leave early
Come late and leave late

In fact all companies should sit toghether and have slightly different timings for buses to de-congest.
Come late & leave late is not a safe option these days. Have experienced it during the last 2-3 weeks, after 10, the trucks are let loose - they just make it worse! Only if you are lucky, you wouldn't face them!

As for the evening, somehow the traffic jams are longer after 7!

Best option - Work from Home! As I opted for today!
Old 8th June 2012, 09:51   #1388
Senior - BHPian

More than buses, I find the Tempo Travellers the worst of the lot. They make cabbies look like saints.
Traveltime TTs occupy the top spot, though the ones which have their route numbers in green ovals give them tough competition in being the BOOR champions of Hinjewadi.

Here is an "interaction" I had with one of these scumbags on Monday evening.
To join the traffic flow, one has to come out of my company gates and cross the road, its bang opposite the shortcut for orange route. Anyway, I had crossed the road and was waiting patiently at the median for the traffic flow to reduce and I could join in.
In comes a tempo traveller who wanted to take a U-turn from the opposite side and stops his vehicle inches from my door and starts honking inspite of seeing that that there is no way I could merge in.

TT : Ae andhalya tuzhya..., haal ki lavkar.. (You blind idiot, move..!)
Me (At the top of my voice) : Ae ghotalya, mi kay ikde Taj Mahal baghayla thambloy ka..?! (Idiot, have I stopped to admire the Taj Mahal here??)
TT (now indignant) : Kay bolala re..? (What did you just say?!).

He had stopped his engine and was prepared to get down for a fight too,perhaps being irritated by having received a reply from a timid IT guy.. but by then the traffic had started moving, so I merged in and went along my way.

Last edited by sajo : 8th June 2012 at 09:51. Reason: Spelling
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 11:14   #1389
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
More than buses, I find the Tempo Travellers the worst of the lot. They make cabbies look like saints.
He had stopped his engine and was prepared to get down for a fight too,perhaps being irritated by having received a reply from a timid IT guy
Lol, Eh tu brutus! Nowadays I keep getting into these mini-fights with car owners, bikers and 6-seaters! Have got into such situations with several cars, especially with a black Tata Safari who goes to the same office as me.

These idiots believe by continuous honking, the traffic in front of them would just magically disappear. Whenever I get such a person behind me, I make it a point to raise the music volume, and not care to his actions at all! Within a few minutes, after some excessive honking, they eventually sober down and get in line.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 8th June 2012 at 11:17.
Old 8th June 2012, 11:25   #1390
BHPian

If you ever happen to be on the Phase 1 -> Hinjewadi chowk road at peak time in the evening (6:10-6:30), you will observe there is always a traffic jam there. Nothing unusual or shocking about that

What is shocking though, is the horrible sight of a large convoy of Wipro Buses that take the wrong side of the divider and line up at Hinjewadi chowk. This happens almost every single day.

Buses being driven by maniacs is not something new at Hinjewadi. But I have to say there are also a few buses that do respect the rules (this is a minority) and give space when required.

Although this is a rare occurrence.

What irks me the most is that we see even IT guys indulging in highly dangerous driving in Hinjewadi. Creating new lanes in a traffic jam, taking the wrong side, cutting across other motorists, honking incessantly in the middle of a traffic jam.

One gets used to cabbies, tempowallahs and Buses breaking the rules, but its hard to see educated people driving to office breaking the rules constantly. And its not necessarily the small cars that do this : Infact I normally see an equal number of Honda Citys breaking the rules as Santros and WagonRs.

Its a crying shame really. Our former president Mr Kalam was bang on when he said the main problem facing our country is the lack of discipline.
PuntoMania is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 8th June 2012, 11:29   #1391
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
What irks me the most is that we see even IT guys indulging in highly dangerous driving in Hinjewadi. Creating new lanes in a traffic jam, taking the wrong side, cutting across other motorists, honking incessantly in the middle of a traffic jam.

One gets used to cabbies, tempowallahs and Buses breaking the rules, but its hard to see educated people driving to office breaking the rules constantly. And its not necessarily the small cars that do this : Infact I normally see an equal number of Honda Citys breaking the rules as Santros and WagonRs.
Agree 100%. I am even ready to let go of the cabbies/buses/tempos. They are few in number compared to the number of educated morons that i see everyday breaking rules and always in a hurry.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:06   #1392
Senior - BHPian

I have a question about your HJW buses, putting it here as the board says Ph1/ Ph2. Every morning there is an Infosys bus parked just before the gate of my housing society. Just where I take a left to enter the society and the gate is not visible due to this bus.
To add to the problem there is always some moron who chooses to come up the wrong way or walk on the road despite a perfectly good pavement.

How can I prevent this bus from parking there? I think it is there for at least a few hours. I can foresee a serious accident or two.

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
TT : Ae andhalya tuzhya..., haal ki lavkar.. (You blind idiot, move..!)
Me (At the top of my voice) : Ae ghotalya, mi kay ikde Taj Mahal baghayla thambloy ka..?! (Idiot, have I stopped to admire the Taj Mahal here??)
TT (now indignant) : Kay bolala re..? (What did you just say?!).
I like, in fact I superlike

Last edited by selfdrive : 8th June 2012 at 12:07.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:18   #1393
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
How can I prevent this bus from parking there? I think it is there for at least a few hours. I can foresee a serious accident or two.
I face a similar problem, but thats when coming out of my company. You see, I usually come out of the gate directly opposite orange route shortcut and I cant see a thing because there are always buses/trucks parked there.
At nights you can make a guess, because you see a beam approaching much before the vehicle is in sight, but during the day time it is very hard, and you are left with no option but to creep ahead , almost to the middle of the road to see whats coming.

EDIT :
BTW , they should make it illegal to park company buses out on the road. Remember the ANHC accident ? Our buses, thankfully, are parked in a common yard near More Vidyalaya.

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
I like, in fact I superlike

Last edited by sajo : 8th June 2012 at 12:20. Reason: See inline.
Old 8th June 2012, 12:44   #1394
Distinguished - BHPian

I got dropped at my office by a friend on the bandh day last week. Figured we were safer pooling rather than being alone in the car in case trouble broke out. He dropped me at the Infosys circle.

It took me 10 minutes to cross the road. There is a naam ke vaaste zebra crossing there, that everyone ignores. There is a constant stream of speeding vehicles- buses, trucks, cars and bikes- that zooms past. Nobody bothers to slow down for the hapless pedestrian.

I was just wondering- how do people with physical disabilities manage to cross the road at all? Even a minor injury to your foot, for example, slows you down considerably. Road-crossing in HJW is for the agile and the nimble only.

Imagine: these are the educated and the highly paid members of society for the most part. I have seen vehicles honk loudly and ACCELERATE when they see a pedestrian attempt a crossing. Pathetic!
Old 8th June 2012, 12:56   #1395
Senior - BHPian

Noop, why only Hinjewadi? Pedestrians all over India are considered a liability on the roads!
No respect for them whatsoever.

When was the last time you saw anyone stop his/her car for an elderly to cross the road?

Its the mentality that matters - I have a bigger car, I pay more taxes, I get the right of way.

Most Viewed