Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 31st August 2010, 10:32   #91
Senior - BHPian

Regarding the Mezza9-Wakad Underpass route : though this road has been recently resurfaced, there are still huuuge potholes. Avoid if you drive a slow slung longish car.
It is also quite narrow and if all the traffic heading towards Wakad underpass takes this route, it will be blocked. Same route used by big trucks to join the highway too. Some amount of congestion at the signal, but nothing to sweat about. Or maybe because I was there at 9 pm. How does it look at 6.30 pm ?

But I still managed to reach the flyover quicker than if I take the road from Marriott.

Good to see so many cops stationed at all locations guiding traffic. I heard they were distributing pamphlets to people too about the new arrangement and the suggested alternative routes.
Old 31st August 2010, 13:14   #92
Sandy!!!!

after years of inaction, finally some postive direction.

i feel things will settle down in a day or two when most people get used to the changes.

Old 1st September 2010, 10:52   #93
Senior - BHPian

I think the amount of people who are crossing over to the wrong side has reduced quite a bit , maybe due to traffic cop actions.

Also at night, the Mezza9-Wakad road was jammed up, which was bound to happen given its narrow width and now increased volume. I started on that route but then took a u-turn turned back seeing the state of things. I could see a few other cars doing the same in my RVM.
So for people going to Baner/Sus/Kothrud - Better option is to take the relatively congestion free road upto Hinjewadi flyover and there on from My Car Maruti towards the underpass and then a U-turn.
Old 1st September 2010, 11:11   #94
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
I think the amount of people who are crossing over to the wrong side has reduced quite a bit , maybe due to traffic cop actions.

Also at night, the Mezza9-Wakad road was jammed up, which was bound to happen given its narrow width and now increased volume. I started on that route but then took a u-turn turned back seeing the state of things. I could see a few other cars doing the same in my RVM.
So for people going to Baner/Sus/Kothrud - Better option is to take the relatively congestion free road upto Hinjewadi flyover and there on from My Car Maruti towards the underpass and then a U-turn.

I think a better way is to take the flyover and u-turn where it is allowed! Or take the Baner road from there! Will let you know the distances shortly!
Old 1st September 2010, 16:38   #95
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I think a better way is to take the flyover and u-turn where it is allowed! Or take the Baner road from there! Will let you know the distances shortly!
Once you take the flyover how do you get to Baner road (if you dont take u turn somewhere ahead and dont go all the way via Rakshak chowk and Aundh)?
Old 1st September 2010, 18:48   #96
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shreeps View Post
Once you take the flyover how do you get to Baner road (if you dont take u turn somewhere ahead and dont go all the way via Rakshak chowk and Aundh)?
Depends on which part of Baner road. If closer towards University circle, I guess it would have to be all the way to Aundh->ITI road-> right for Baner. Otherwise U at the earliest opportunity and back to the highway would be the fastest.
Old 1st September 2010, 19:29   #97
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
Depends on which part of Baner road. If closer towards University circle, I guess it would have to be all the way to Aundh->ITI road-> right for Baner. Otherwise U at the earliest opportunity and back to the highway would be the fastest.
There is a baner link road, no?

I'd never taken it, but I know it exists, you can reach baner from Wakad using that road!
Old 1st September 2010, 19:34   #98
Distinguished - BHPian

The Mezza9 route is a disaster. The traffic (as early as 5.30 pm) piles up all the way, and of course our brilliant desi mentality means that guys keep trying to go ahead by occupying the wrong lane. There was this guy who tried to overtake me and then saw oncoming traffic and tried to worm back in, BUT I DIDN"T ALLOW HIM TO! Felt so proud. The sneaky little rat then overtook me from the left with two wheels in the mud. Wish he had stuck there.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:06   #99
BHPian

Left Ph1 about 7:45 ish. Was on the highway at 8:00 toward Kothrud. Home by 8:20. Very less traffic along the way and the traffic cops guiding the way helped. Also observed plenty of direction markers along the way - One on almost every lamppole. Once you take the left at the end of the flyover, the road condition is bad.

I can only hope traffic does not become chaotic once the traffic cops stop manning their current posts.
Old 1st September 2010, 21:50   #100
Senior - BHPian

I started at 8 at phase 3 and was home at 820! could not believe my eyes!!!

Took the wakad flyover and turned around where it was around! And guess what? Ford service was too good today for me, a team of 4 people attended to all my concerns!! All least probable things happened today!!! So much for sneezing immediately after waking up
Old 1st September 2010, 23:36   #101
Senior - BHPian

Once you cross Wakad flyover towards, there is a little road towards the left, clearly marked by signs (in devnagari) , which you can turn into and then again take a left to join the service road back on the highway, leading to Baner/Sus/Kothrud/Katraj.
There were cops everywhere, with some even carrying those illuminated blinkered sticks (dunno what they are called) to guide traffic.

I say that that they have done a good job with the clearly marked signposts (in English and Devnagari) leading towards the u-turn spot as well.

I must also say that the cops are indeed going all out to make this move a success. Heartening to see that!
Old 2nd September 2010, 03:15   #102
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Once you cross Wakad flyover towards, there is a little road towards the left, clearly marked by signs (in devnagari) , which you can turn into and then again take a left to join the service road back on the highway, leading to Baner/Sus/Kothrud/Katraj.
There were cops everywhere, with some even carrying those illuminated blinkered sticks (dunno what they are called) to guide traffic.

I say that that they have done a good job with the clearly marked signposts (in English and Devnagari) leading towards the u-turn spot as well.

I must also say that the cops are indeed going all out to make this move a success. Heartening to see that!
That small little left turn takes you back to dange chowk! so if you miss the turn at mezzanine and took the flyover instead of going under it and still want to go to kothrud/baner etc they still have an option to send you to Dange chowk! Pucca planning!!

Of course if you have crossed the flyover there are better options!
Old 2nd September 2010, 11:31   #103
Senior - BHPian

The route suggested by Ojas is given below highlighted in red. The blue Left turn goes towards Dange Chowk
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-hinjwadi_wakad.png

For this experiment to be successful, I think the Baner/Kothrud vehicles should get evenly distributed between the different routes possible for them.

-Biju.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd September 2010, 12:25   #104
Senior - BHPian

Thanks Biju for correcting me!

However, a u-turn is allowed at the blue left turn!
Old 2nd September 2010, 15:53   #105
Senior - BHPian

Watch out for the crowds because of the Janmashtami celebrations today! According to the internal mailer sent out today in my company, the celebrations start at around 4pm and may continue well into the night.
Venue is right next to the chowk, which means the road will be blocked partially/completely by the time most people start leaving.
Certain "chief guests" are expected to arrive, which I think may add further to the congestion. You can spot their huuuuge hoardings on the road.

@ Biju :thanks for putting up the map!

Most Viewed