Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th April 2011, 15:17   #196
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Shortlist the companies which had a holiday today. And then we can safely blame them for all our traffic woes!

Quote:
Originally Posted by DueLLeR View Post
What is the average time required to get from the Wakad flyover to the Infy circle on a normal working day? I need to plan my travel accordingly.

DueLLeR
Dueller, welcome to Pune!
The average time taken from the Wakad flyover to Infy circle (assuming its Infy Phase 1) is roughly half an hour. Be prepared to get stuck in traffic every single day.
The best way out is reach office before 9 and leave by 5. That way you avoid traffic completely.
Old 14th April 2011, 15:39   #197
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post

The best way out is reach office before 9 and leave by 5. That way you avoid traffic completely.
That was a story true long back , Trust me its not true anymore . The roads are packed from 8:15 - 11:30 , absolutely the same situation the complete time period .

Evening either leave before 5 or cross Hinjewadai chowk @ 6:30 sharp else @ 7:35 sharp or the best leave office @ 9:00 hrs .

Quote:
OT: Thanks to my new work location, I've been seeing a lot of TBHP cars!

Cheers!
DueLLeR
And you didnt Honk / Flash at those cars
Old 14th April 2011, 15:41   #198
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Any clue as to why the tarffic flow was so smooth in the morning? Not that I am complaining, but not used to such situations in our good ol' H'Wadi.
I reached office from Wakad flyover in 10 mins flat! Felt like a dream .
Today is a bank holiday due to Dr. Ambedkar Jayanti. I reached work very quickly in the morning too (Kothrud to Bund Garden road) but am now dreading the return trip, as most of the processions would have begun. Perhaps I should leave early

Quote:
I have just moved to this side of Pune and plan to reside at Wakad. What is the average time required to get from the Wakad flyover to the Infy circle on a normal working day? I need to plan my travel accordingly.
Ironically, on days when I come to Hinjewadi from Navi Mumbai, in the first 1hr and 30mins I'm at the Wakad flyover and another 30 mins it takes to get to the Infy circle!
OT: Thanks to my new work location, I've been seeing a lot of TBHP cars!
Cheers!
DueLLeR
Welcome to Pune DueLLeR, I am sure you will spot a lot of tbhp cars in the hinjewadi area. I havent spotted one yet in the last 3 weeks since I arrived here.
I agree with you about the point for entering Hinjewadi. We had the same problem reaching Kings Circle/ Matunga from Navi Mumbai. I guess thats the price to pay if one has to go downtown (or in this case SEZ town)!

Last edited by selfdrive : 14th April 2011 at 15:42.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:25   #199
Senior - BHPian

Welcome to Pune Dueller!

Quote:
The average time taken from the Wakad flyover to Infy circle (assuming its Infy Phase 1) is roughly half an hour. Be prepared to get stuck in traffic every single day.
You can cut it down in half, provided you break all traffic rules and go from the wrong side etc, like hundreds of educated morons do, every single day!
(j/k)

Quote:
Dunno about leaving at 5 (not done that in a long long time) , but before 9, its definitely jam packed!
I can vouch for leaving after 10 pm though. Even the highway offers scope for very FE friendly motoring then.
Old 14th April 2011, 16:45   #200
Senior - BHPian

Is it just me or is there really an unprecedented surge in the traffic after wakad flyover for past two weeks or so?

I am losing at least 10-15 more minutes in the traffic jam after wakad flyover, anything in particular to attribute to this trend?
Old 15th April 2011, 11:54   #201
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Is it just me or is there really an unprecedented surge in the traffic after wakad flyover for past two weeks or so?

I am losing at least 10-15 more minutes in the traffic jam after wakad flyover, anything in particular to attribute to this trend?
The divider blockings have been opened and so people taking a U turn now are taking the turn just opp Mahindara Workshop instead of going to the Red Light . The end result has been less jam on /before the Wakad flyover and more jam at the descend of the flyover .

Was just dreaming why dont they build something like the Electronic City flyover , Bangalore which would be paid and congestion free . Would people be willing to pay daily ??
Old 15th April 2011, 12:12   #202
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Was just dreaming why dont they build something like the Electronic City flyover , Bangalore which would be paid and congestion free . Would people be willing to pay daily ??
That would be fabulous. Though I have never had to travel to Hinjewadi during peak hours (I avoid that like the plague!), I think it would work well. And if people are not willing to pay daily/ regularly, the congestion would still be reduced for those who would be willing to pay
Old 15th April 2011, 14:31   #203
BHPian

Quote:

Dueller, welcome to Pune!
Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
...And you didnt Honk / Flash at those cars
Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Welcome to Pune DueLLeR, I am sure you will spot a lot of tbhp cars in the hinjewadi area. I havent spotted one yet in the last 3 weeks since I arrived here.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Welcome to Pune Dueller!
Thank you Swanand Inamdar, jealousdiamond, selfdrive, and sajo! Turns out Swanand and me are colleagues! Jealousdiamond, I did honk/flash at a TBHPian - details in the Stickers thread. Hoping to catch you soon!

OT: With so many BHPians working in Hinjewadi, we could perhaps have a Hinjewadi minimeet sometime after work. What say, people?

Cheers!
DueLLeR

Last edited by DueLLeR : 15th April 2011 at 14:32.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:28   #204
BHPian

Guys; Checkout the update for diversions from Pune Traffic Police (PTP) on facebook for Hinjewadi due to processions.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:36   #205
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Guys; Checkout the update for diversions from Pune Traffic Police (PTP) on facebook for Hinjewadi due to processions.
Guys can someone post it on this thread please? No access to Facebook from office. I am assuming the diversions are for today.
Old 18th April 2011, 13:53   #206
BHPian

Pune Traffic Police quote from facebook

Quote:
On 18/04/11 due to Baghad Procession Road between Shivaji chowk Hinjewadi to bhumkar vasti will be close from 2 to 6 PM.

आज दि.१८.०४.२०११ रोजी सायंकाळी ०६.०० ते ०८.०० वा. पर्यंत बगाड मिरवणुकीमुळे
१) हिंजवडी कडून हायवेकडे येणारा वाकड गावचा यु टर्न बंद करण्यात येणार आहे
२) वाकड चौकातून वाकड जकात नाक्याकडे जाणारी वाहतूक डांगे चौकामार्गे वळविली जाणार आहे.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 18th April 2011 at 13:57.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:09   #207
Senior - BHPian

What time are the restrictions starting exactly ? The english version says 2 to 6 pm, but just below it, the Marathi version states, 6pm to 8 pm!
And where exactly is Bhumkar Vasti ?
Old 18th April 2011, 14:16   #208
BHPian

^^ thats the way timings are given on the facebook posts
Thinking rationally I think 6 to 8 PM should be the diversion time, but still better to be cautious.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:18   #209
BHPian

from a fwd (not official!):

Areas affected could be –
1.Hinjewadi Chowk - Road between Hinjewadi Chowk and Bhumkar Vasti (Wakad underpass) will be closed for the procession after 3 PM till late evening
2.Wakad Chowk - after Hinjewadi flyover (there is one Shree Mhatoba temple as well near Rohan Tarang)
3.Vishal Nagar- Hanuman Jayanti celebrations near Copa Cabana. Pandal has been erected thus keeping 1 lane open for traffic.

Last edited by mmxylorider : 18th April 2011 at 14:28.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:31   #210
Senior - BHPian

So the only road today is the one which goes from HJW to wakad flyover ? The one behind Mezza9 is the closed right ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks