Search this Thread
Old 18th April 2011, 14:34   #211
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
from a fwd (not official!):

Areas affected could be –
1.Hinjewadi Chowk - Road between Hinjewadi Chowk and Bhumkar Vasti (Wakad underpass) will be closed for the procession after 3 PM till late evening
2.Wakad Chowk - after Hinjewadi flyover (there is one Shree Mhatoba temple as well near Rohan Tarang)
3.Vishal Nagar- Hanuman Jayanti celebrations near Copa Cabana. Pandal has been erected thus keeping 1 lane open for traffic.
Thanks all for the contribution. But i don't know where is Bhumkar Vasti or Shree Mhatoba Temple I think i will leave office after 9 today.

@mmxylorider - I am surprised that there is no mail from our Transport department as of now. Normally those guys are prompt in sending such mails.
Old 18th April 2011, 14:38   #212
BHPian

^^ Boy I bet , I was the first one to braodcast this on my network and people were like " where did that come from " I got a reason to defend myself navigating through TEAM BHP all throughout the day .
Old 18th April 2011, 14:41   #213
Senior - BHPian

I am all the more confused. I leave between 1845-1930 daily. My route. phase3 to phase 2 take a right towards geometric to left at ph1 Infy circle to right at hinjewadi chowk to wakad and take a left after the flyover and merge with the highway towards chandani chowk. Please tell me if any of this route has blocked roads during the time I travel and if yes which parts?
Old 18th April 2011, 14:56   #214
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
I am all the more confused. I leave between 1845-1930 daily. My route. phase3 to phase 2 take a right towards geometric to left at ph1 Infy circle to right at hinjewadi chowk to wakad and take a left after the flyover and merge with the highway towards chandani chowk. Please tell me if any of this route has blocked roads during the time I travel and if yes which parts?
Me too ! I mean, after the chowk part, I too follow the same route. I think this route is going to remain open. The one going from Mezza9 to Ginger hotel underpass is going to be closed. But then, I can be completely wrong.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:00   #215
BHPian

The Traffic communique as floated across by the Transport guys :

Effective 1500 hrs all vehicles plying to and fro from Phase I and II will be diverted through Marunji (Mezza 9) bypass route to reach Pune-Bangalore Express Highway(Wakad Subway) and then to the desired destination place. Road leading from Hinjewadi Shivaji chowk to Bhumkarwasti will closed for all vehicular traffic from 1500 hrs to 2200 hrs.

So cutting down all confusions it is a sure thing that the main road from Hinjewadi chowk to Wakad bridge is closed till 10:00 PM .
Old 18th April 2011, 16:32   #216
Senior - BHPian

Situation as visible to me right now (as I said earlier, I have a good view of the roads from my desk + I am quite jobless right now ) :
Traffic is clear, and is proceeding towards Hinjewadi Chowk+onwards as well as on the Mezza9 route.
No barricades/diversions/blocks visible. Phase 2 traffic is proceeding towards these routes just fine.
Will give further updates in about an hour.
Old 18th April 2011, 16:33   #217
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Situation as visible to me right now (as I said earlier, I have a good view of the roads from my desk + I am quite jobless right now ) :
Traffic is clear, and is proceeding towards Hinjewadi Chowk+onwards as well as on the Mezza9 route.
No barricades/diversions/blocks visible. Phase 2 traffic is proceeding towards these routes just fine.
Will give further updates in about an hour.
Thats just for your update !!

BTW, what office building is it <Infy, Perisitent, Mindtree ?? >
Old 18th April 2011, 17:44   #218
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
EDIT: Ojas, the land has been acquired for the Mezza9 side as well as, for the road adjecant to VITS. That road takes you directly you CTS Phase 1, where an extension is planned till Phase 3. This plan has been sanctioned for more than 2 years now. However, the people (powerful and pollitically connected) of Hinjewadi have opposed this time and again.
Agreed with you Swanand. Stretch between PH1 chowk & Hinjewadi Flyover is yet to be fully commercial. Just now we had D'Mart. There are many chunks of big plots alongside road waiting to be sold. Definitely those are owened by people (powerful and pollitically connected).

Bottomline: Balewadi link road will not be operational. If it has to, Hinjewadi road has to give expected returns to people (powerful and pollitically connected)!
Old 18th April 2011, 18:48   #219
Senior - BHPian

Traffic update : 6.45 PM :

All vehicles seem to be proceeding in the normal direction. Except the buses, who seem to be taking the Mezza9 road and not the one which goes straight.
No excessive congestion observed. Has anyone been forced to turn back from the chowk ?
Old 19th April 2011, 15:42   #220
Senior - BHPian

Like a complete dork, I decided to trust a colleague instead of TBHP and took the Mezza9 route back at 8 pm yesterday. And promptly got stuck for about 1 hour.

@Swanand and Zalaps : I thought the plots along the main road were already sold. And by the rate they are going , I think both the roads (Balewadi+hinjewadi) will be equally commercially viable in the times to come. Infact, due to the bad traffic, I would rather not stop on the road and concentrate on getting out of there first.
Old 19th April 2011, 17:11   #221
Senior - BHPian

Well, I dont think you would have been any better on your normal course, I took that road and got stuck for exactly 50 minutes!! So nothing to much to choose!

Edit: Well actually, if you were to take the normal route you would have spotted me and dueller!!
Old 19th April 2011, 18:17   #222
BHPian

Folks - I've been using the middle road (right at Mezza9, left at KPIT, go over 4 suspension testers and join the orange Route) for a while now. But before I jot my findings:

Red Route = HJW chowk to Wakad overbridge via IOC pump etc
Orange Route = While coming from Tamanna, PH1 straight at HJW chowk
Green Route = Left a Mezza9 to join at Kalakhadak underpass.

Coming back, the only traffic snarl on the orange route is towards the end near the underpass, other than that it is quite good in terms of time. No company bus traffic, very few trucks and significantly lesser 2 wheelers. Road condition is 2.5/5. This has become my preferred route both ways of the commute now.
Old 19th April 2011, 18:51   #223
Senior - BHPian

How is Orange route in mornings? I am anyways going via village to reach Phase 3(which measures ~7 KMS) so if the Orange route is better than Red (which I generally take) then I would go for it.

And how long does it take for you to clear the signal where Green and Orange merge?
Old 20th April 2011, 13:30   #224
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
How is Orange route in mornings? I am anyways going via village to reach Phase 3(which measures ~7 KMS) so if the Orange route is better than Red (which I generally take) then I would go for it.

And how long does it take for you to clear the signal where Green and Orange merge?
It's definitely faster in the morning compared to the Red Route, only stop point is near HJW chowk where you would be taking a right.

Towards the evening, it takes about 5-10 mins to clear the congestion where green and orange merge.
Old 20th April 2011, 13:57   #225
Senior - BHPian

To the traffic experts in Hinjewadi
I am considering a job offer in your 'ilaaka'. While there are other deal breakers, I would also like to know how much time I need to allot for a daily drive from Kothrud to Hinjewadi Phase 3.
If I am not asking for much, can you let me know the time that would be requried for a 9am to 7pm shift and a noon to 10pm shift. I would think the afternoon/ UK shift would allow for a quicker commute, but I would like to hear it from the proverbial horses' mouths!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks