Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 30th June 2011, 12:28   #421
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

^^ My location remains the same, so I will still have a relatively good view of the road..! Car or no car!
Old 30th June 2011, 12:29   #422
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post

So now we would not get any traffic updates from you?
Amit, traffic updates will still be given. Right Sajo?
Thats given from the office seat! So bus or car, does'nt matter .

EDIT: The bus scene makes sense, if the company has various time slots for busses to come in. In my company, there is only one slot to come in. Thats way too early for me. The going out scene is diferent though. Lots of options.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 30th June 2011 at 12:30.
Old 1st July 2011, 11:41   #423
BHPian

Wow !! It was a rare but delightful sight to see traffic folks impounding vehicles plying in wrong directions . There was a traffic van (towing truck ) standing on the other side of the road . Moment bikers took the wrong side , keys taken out and vehicle loaded on the truck .

Wonderful way to teach the educated morons
jealousdiamond is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 1st July 2011, 13:47   #424
Senior - BHPian

Apparantly, Supriya Sule was in Hinjewadi yesterday. She had her "sabha" as usual, where she has made promises that the roads and in general the infrastructure of Hinjewadi has to and WILL improve.

That was also the reason for the amount of cops on the main roads in Hinjewadi yesterday.

@JD: That indeed is a good move. Kudos to the Pune Traffic Police. A word of appreciation on their FB page seems logical now, I suppose.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 1st July 2011 at 13:49.
Old 1st July 2011, 15:25   #425
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by jealousdiamond View Post
Wow !! It was a rare but delightful sight to see traffic folks impounding vehicles plying in wrong directions . There was a traffic van (towing truck ) standing on the other side of the road . Moment bikers took the wrong side , keys taken out and vehicle loaded on the truck .

Wonderful way to teach the educated morons
When did this happen ? On my way to office today I saw a company bus on the wrong side of the road followed by a lot of cars (not yellow plated idiots we call taxis, but the so called educated janta) and it really made my blood boil ! I was wishing someone caught the bus driver and put him behind bars straightaway.
Old 1st July 2011, 17:30   #426
Senior - BHPian

Where did Supriya Sule have her sabha ? Wouldnt it lead to even bigger jam due to clogged roads ? Or was it behind the under construction "Midas Touch" building/Water tank ?
I got up in the morning today, realised while having my leisurely breakfast that my "bus" would leave in about 30 seconds. So I went right back to reading the newspaper and logged on from home. Point is, I regret not being able to see the cops acting against errant drivers.
Old 4th July 2011, 12:46   #427
BHPian

Welcome Move from Traffic Police Hinjwadi

Received an email communication today.

Traffic Police Section at Hinjwadi, has declared that during 7.00 Hrs. to 10.30 Hrs and 17.00 Hrs. to 21.00 Hrs; there will not be any movement of Heavy Vehicles Carrying Goods (all lorries); on the road between Infosys Phase I Circle & Wipro Circle Phase II on both the roads going towards – 1. Wakad & 2. Via Mezzanine to Chinchwad. (Kala Khadak)

This should reduce the load on roads.

Scan001.PDF[/FONT]

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 4th July 2011 at 12:52.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 4th July 2011, 13:17   #428
Senior - BHPian

Re: Welcome Move from Traffic Police Hinjwadi

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Received an email communication today.

Traffic Police Section at Hinjwadi, has declared that during 7.00 Hrs. to 10.30 Hrs and 17.00 Hrs. to 21.00 Hrs; there will not be any movement of Heavy Vehicles Carrying Goods (all lorries); on the road between Infosys Phase I Circle & Wipro Circle Phase II on both the roads going towards – 1. Wakad & 2. Via Mezzanine to Chinchwad. (Kala Khadak)

This should reduce the load on roads.
I only hope this rule is enforced strictly. If i am not mistaken this rule was present earlier and could see all the trucks waiting on the road before Wipro Phase II circle. But then slowly over a period of time the enforcement of the rule stopped.
Old 4th July 2011, 18:16   #429
Senior - BHPian

Its surprisingly congestion free today. I wonder why. 4th of July ? Ban on heavy vehicles ?
Old 5th July 2011, 10:10   #430
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
I only hope this rule is enforced strictly. If i am not mistaken this rule was present earlier and could see all the trucks waiting on the road before Wipro Phase II circle. But then slowly over a period of time the enforcement of the rule stopped.
Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Its surprisingly congestion free today. I wonder why. 4th of July ? Ban on heavy vehicles ?
Yep, there were trucks lined up near the wipro phase 2 circle which created a huge traffic jam between Infy phase 2 - Wipro phase 2.

I hope they dont line up there and wait somewhere else which is not used for office commute. I spent 20 minutes navigating a road which normally takes 3-4.

BTW, it took me roughly the same amount of time today as it did before the enforcement of the truck rule, maybe 2-3 minutes less.
Old 5th July 2011, 11:05   #431
Distinguished - BHPian

Took over 45 mins to reach Phase 2 Wipro Circle today. The culprit was a yellow mud-carying truck that broke down right at the circle, attempting to take a right turn. Cops were standing around looking helpless. And what can they do anyway? The truck owners need to be heavily penalised for not keeping their vehicles roadworthy.
Old 7th July 2011, 15:43   #432
BHPian

Pune IT Park in need of better infrastructure

Quote:

Pune IT Park in need of better infrastructure

DNA / Arun Jayan / Thursday, July 7, 2011 15:09 IST

Since its inception, the Hinjewadi Industries Association (HIA) has played a pivotal role in taking up the issues relating to the IT Park and Hinjewadi. The HIA, which has over 35 members including big IT companies, recently launched a ‘Hinjewadi First’ initiative to push for the facelift of the industrial area.
Unmesh Bhathija, vice-president of HIA, shares his views with Arun Jayan regarding the campaign and role of HIA in overall development of Hinjewadi.

What prompted HIA to come up with ‘Hinjewadi First’ campaign? How has the response been?
The need to launch the ‘Hinjewadi First’ campaign stems from the data that we have today in terms of the growth that the IT Park at Hinjewadi foresees. Currently, there are around 70,000 people who commute daily to Hinjewadi for work. There is a single road that connects the Mumbai-Bangalore bypass to the IT Park. The road gets choked in peak hours.
With the growth anticipated to double in the next two years, the current infrastructure is bound to collapse. The initiative of the campaign is to support the growth of the IT industry over the next few years. The IT Park should have world class facilities to attract more companies to set up their base in Pune. Well, the response to the campaign has been good so far.
We have met MP Supriya Sule and she has proposed to be in charge of coordinating the various activities with the authorities concerned to improve and enhance the infrastructure in Hinjewadi.

Which are the areas that need urgent attention for overall growth of Hinjewadi as an IT hub?
Public transportation, security, road widening, completion of the new road that runs adjacent to VITS Hotel connecting phase 1, power supply to phase III of the Rajiv Gandhi Infotech Park and setting up of a state-of-the-art fire station in phase II are the areas that need urgent attention.
What are the steps taken by HIA for the facelift of Hinjewadi? We continuously work with the traffic department, the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC), the MIDC and the Hinjewadi Gram panchayat. With the help of the traffic police, MIDC, PCMC and the state government, we could get the road connecting Kala Khadak to Hinjewadi usable.

The MIDC has been very supportive of the issues that we have raised in the past. Our endeavour is to interact with various agencies and help them achieve our objectives.

Many, including Infosys founder Narayana Murthy, opined that Pune will overtake Bangalore as the IT destination? How do you see the present scenario and future growth?
IT exports from Karnataka are worth $22 billion out of which $20 billion worth of exports are from Bangalore. Maharashtra has IT exports of $10 billion out of which Pune contributes $6 billion (Hinjewadi IT Park contributes exports to the tune of $4 billion).
The gap is huge when you compare revenues generated by Bangalore with Pune. The only way Pune can outgrow Bangalore is by taking up a focused approach for infrastructure development.
URL of the article: Pune IT Park in need of better infrastructure - Mumbai - DNA

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 7th July 2011 at 15:45.
Old 8th July 2011, 09:01   #433
BHPian

Used the Hinjewadi overbridge route after a long time while returning home yesterday. A new lot of those divider things have been put up between the remnants of the earlier lot. How long did those last, couple of months?

Is the traffic police not aware of the short life and almost zero effectiveness of these separators?
Old 8th July 2011, 12:44   #434
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
A new lot of those divider things have been put up between the remnants of the earlier lot. How long did those last, couple of months?
Too optimistic arent you? .
Those things last for a week or two. Thanks to the bikers/taxis/trucks those things break within a week of installation.
I have no clue as to why have they been put up.
Old 8th July 2011, 13:26   #435
Distinguished - BHPian

Bikers are such complete morons (pardon the generalisation, I have a couple of very good biker friends but am referring specifically to those who take the Wakad flyover). Yesterday a couple of them cut me off dangerously at the base of the flyover since they wanted to get back into the correct lane. A few of the plastic flappy dividers were sacrificed in the bargain. Then an Innova taxi (yup you read that right) pulled the same stunt. I was in my Vento so I quickly gave way. Believe me it was a massacre, or perhaps I should say genocide. About a dozen or so of those innocent divider flaps lying belly-up in the middle of the road with nobody to mourn them.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks