Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 13th July 2011, 17:03   #451
Senior - BHPian

Footpath!

I know this will encroach on the roads carriage width, but why is there no footpath from the Hinjewadi chowk till Mindtree ? This particular stretch has a significant amount of pedestrian traffic, and its a pain to walk in all that muck in the rains. This can easily be planned for and accommodated me thinks.
Old 14th July 2011, 11:45   #452
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

^^Ojas: I think the road widening work is in progress. At least thats what it looks like. Thats just after the main chowk till KPIT. Probably, they have a plan for a foot path.
I agree, its impossible to walk in all that muck, specially when you need to head back in office after that!
Old 15th July 2011, 17:36   #453
Senior - BHPian

So if there is next to no traffic congestion at all on most Thursdays, does it mean IT companies contribute very little to the traffic problems in Hinjewadi ?
Yesterday I started off from my company at 6.45 pm, was at Vanaz by 7.15. That too in a bus.
Old 15th July 2011, 17:49   #454
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So if there is next to no traffic congestion at all on most Thursdays, does it mean IT companies contribute very little to the traffic problems in Hinjewadi ?
Yesterday I started off from my company at 6.45 pm, was at Vanaz by 7.15. That too in a bus.
Probably a lot of heavy traffic (trucks) associated with non IT companies does not flow on Thursdays. Corollary - Given smooth traffic flow, traffic from IT companies tends to break fewer rules.
Old 16th July 2011, 11:48   #455
Senior - BHPian

Last evening was a miserable one again. Reason: A broken down truck on the bypass. That too in the right most lane. This was near Mahindra First Choice, Bavdhan. The queue was all the way upto Praj! Bumper to bumper traffic all the way home .
Old 18th July 2011, 19:49   #456
BHPian

Today evening at around 6 30 PM , there is a huge traffic jam from Phase 2 circle onwards while going towards Pune/Wakad on the main hinjewadi road. Neven seen before the jam from this point atleast...dont know what is there ahead. It will be nice if BHPians who are already on road in evening after leaving offiice can update on the present situation on road vis mezza9 / shells pump road.
Old 18th July 2011, 19:51   #457
BHPian

Saw a disturbing sight on the road today evening while returning from office.

A black Volkswagen Vento, with the Team BHP LTD and the "redlining the Indian automotive scene" sticker, drove rashly alongside the wrong side of the road after Wipro circle Phase 2, he was honking incessantly, and cut across me at speed while re-entering the road without any consideration at all.

The number plate of this car is MH 12 G* 3108. Didnt get a picture of the offending driver as my mobile was inside my pocket and by the time it was out, this idiot had already sped off cutting across another couple of cars. Is this the message we want to send out to the public about our community ?

I strongly urge this person to please remove the sticker before indulging in such hooliganism on the road. This is not what Team BHP stands for.
Old 19th July 2011, 11:30   #458
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Today evening at around 6 30 PM.... road.
Probably too late in answering the question. The reason for that jam was, the horrible condition of the road in front of Tata Johnson. Potholes the size of craters on the moon, have left the road completely unusable.

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
Saw.... This is not what Team BHP stands for.
PuntoMania, though I completely agree with you on this, I am gald that the person in question has owned up to his mistake and been gracious enough to accept it on a public forum. How many of us would do that?
Let it rest there. Forget and forgive. Thats what we should also stand for, right?
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th July 2011, 11:40   #459
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
PuntoMania, though I completely agree with you on this, I am gald that the person in question has owned up to his mistake and been gracious enough to accept it on a public forum. How many of us would do that?
Let it rest there. Forget and forgive. Thats what we should also stand for, right?
Hi Swanand,
I never took it as a personal affront in the first place . Just felt that we (by we I mean us members on Team BHP) are the ones sulking about bad drivers and then its not right that one of us does the exact same thing.

Anyways, who am I to forgive ambivalent ? I'm glad he owned up to it (requires some courage !) and I forgot about it a while back already.

PS : I dont consider rash driving against me as a personal insult, long past that stage of driving,if thats the clarification you need .
PuntoMania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 20th July 2011, 07:04   #460
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday evening again the traffic was bad. Left office at 6.30 PM came out of the gate at phase II and the traffic was piled up right from the phase II circle. Did not wait for a sec and took the Phase III route via Chand village to Sus Road. Spotted Rahul Sinha on the way. But the road condition has deteriorated after the rains. Not sure i can take it regularly and would have to endure the traffic snarls in Hinjewadi.
Old 20th July 2011, 10:54   #461
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Yesterday evening again the traffic was bad. Left office at 6.30 PM came out of the gate at phase II and the traffic was piled up right from the phase II circle. Did not wait for a sec and took the Phase III route via Chand village to Sus Road. Spotted Rahul Sinha on the way. But the road condition has deteriorated after the rains. Not sure i can take it regularly and would have to endure the traffic snarls in Hinjewadi.
I took the other route to HC via the village. I was out in usual time. But was appalled to see certain company buses plying that route. It was a whole batch of buses

If this route too gets clogged, I would opt for bus pass.
Old 20th July 2011, 11:00   #462
Senior - BHPian

The road conditions have gone from bad to worse. Specially in front of Tata Johnson. There are two HUGE boulders kept in the middle of the road, to indicate the big ditch. Took me over 45 mins to cross 3 kms .
Old 20th July 2011, 16:16   #463
Senior - BHPian

Roads are being repaired from Aundh Octroi post to Wakad bridge today. Expect traffic jams if its not wrapped up in time.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:39   #464
BHPian

Whats this issue with Thursdays? I started off by 6pm from Ph-II and reached home (Balewadi) by 6:20. Was that because of tbhpians meet @M9, which I missed, AGAIN!!
Though the day before (Wed) was total packed, with trucks resting on one side of the road adjacent to Infy, causing pain in the wrong place. Took my old route via Chande village : Phase2->Phase3(TechM)->Left turn at the end of road->Right turn towards Chande Village->Again left near the board that shows Pirangut->Straight towards Pashan-Sus Road. Though I, amitwlele and mmxylorider had driven the roads, must admit, at few places, the roads have deteriorated but there are still no moon craters.
I think it is better to start off either before 6pm or after 7pm.
I suppose it will be beneficial if we build a route matrix, based on timings or even based on some real time updates. What say guys?

Last edited by rahul_sinha : 22nd July 2011 at 11:42.
Old 22nd July 2011, 11:51   #465
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Whats this issue with Thursdays? I started off by 6pm from Ph-II and reached home (Balewadi) by 6:20.
Yes, and it cant be all down to the lack of CV traffic. Because thats already restricted during peak hours.
Avoid the orange route (straight from HJW chowk if coming from Infy Ph1 side) these days. I bottomed my Swift for the second time in 10,000 kilometers one one of the craters there. Sunk in would be a better word. The road is completely unlit, with morons on high beams coming in from the other side.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks