Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 5th August 2011, 16:55   #496
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Was he the one wearing a black beret ?

If so, I am was referring to him wonly in my post earlier.
The other day, he challaned a haphazardly parked JCB. The owner (very typical, gold sunglasses, white Swift DDis, Super dark tints, you get the drift...) , was shocked that his bullying tactics were not working on this guy.
Whoever he is, he is doing a real commendable job.
Yes he is doing a wonderful job. See him everyday standing on the divider with a danda in hand and ready to strike

Rolled down the windows today and gave him a thumbs up. He waved back too. Least i could have done.

Now while driving on the Hinjewadi stretch do not have to worry about people trying to merge in after coming from the wrong side. The time to travel has not decreased but it is less stressful and orderly. IMHO.
Old 5th August 2011, 16:57   #497
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Was he the one wearing a black beret ?
Yes Ojas, that was the guy.
Seems to be one tough cop .
Good. We need people like him in Pune. Rather India.
Even last evening, this dude of ours actually had the guts to challange a local driving his SUV on the wrong side of the road. He made him stop, charged the fine, and then made him take a U-Turn and drive the right way!

@Amit: Very true. The travel time hasnt reduced, but it certainly is more orderly now. The chaos thats caused on the right side of the roads is because of "Travel Time" itself. Get the drift? .

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 5th August 2011 at 16:58. Reason: Adding text
Old 9th August 2011, 09:36   #498
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the Infy people wearing high visibility jackets standing at various points today ? The jacket had IRT (Infosys Response Team?) written on it.
Two females at the main HJW chowk were just standing and giggling amongst themselves (No offence meant), but I would just like to know what was their role today ? If indeed they were doing something, my apologies in advance because it may have missed my observation.
Our hero cop is nowhere to be seen for the past couple of days. Has he been transferred ?
Old 9th August 2011, 13:46   #499
BHPian

Quote:
Whats with the Infy people wearing high visibility jackets standing at various points today ? The jacket had IRT (Infosys Response Team?) written on it.
Two females at the main HJW chowk were just standing and giggling amongst themselves (No offence meant), but I would just like to know what was their role today ? If indeed they were doing something, my apologies in advance because it may have missed my observation.
Our hero cop is nowhere to be seen for the past couple of days. Has he been transferred ?
It's youth week celebrations in the big 'I', today's focus is on clean up and traffic.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th August 2011, 14:11   #500
Senior - BHPian

^Seriously? How would that affect traffic sense? Forget cleanliness. No offence meant to any Infyite, but just dont see the logic behind that.

While we are on the topic of cleanliness, has anyone noticed the garbage pile near the IOC pump in Ph 1? It stinks and now has reached onto the road too. The narrow roads have become narrower, thanks to the garbage pile and water logging due to rains.

Seems like our rant on Hinjewadi is here to stay for a long long time~
Old 18th August 2011, 12:23   #501
BHPian

Just got an email that there is a protest today at Infy circle ph1 between 1500 to 1400 hrs. Needless to say, this protest is to support Anna Hazare.

Hope for some congestion in the evening at the venue.

Also wondering if they are providing any parking for those who will be attending the protest from ph2 or ph3 ?
Old 18th August 2011, 12:45   #502
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
there is a protest today at Infy circle ph1 between 1500 to 1400 hrs.

Is the protest for 25 hours or is there a Time Machine available!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist this, cheap thrills you know?

BTW protesting in Hinjewadi? It is like kicking ourselves. Protest somewhere people notice; but not avoid you .

P.S: While I do not support Govt. on this, I do not support Anna either, with all due respects to him.

Quote:
Two females at the main HJW chowk were just standing and giggling amongst themselves (No offence meant),
Sajo, please concentrate on road. I can understand your anxiety but still. See I did not notice the same!

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
. No offence meant to any Infyite
It is Infoscion Swan, not infyite. BHPian Infoscions please accept my apologies on behalf of Swan.

P.S: Evidently I have got nothing better to do!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 18th August 2011 at 12:49.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 13:24   #503
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Is the protest for 25 hours or is there a Time Machine available!!

Sorry, I just couldn't resist this, cheap thrills you know?

P.S: While I do not support Govt. on this, I do not support Anna either, with all due respects to him.
In that case, it should be 23 hours, no?!

w.r.t to the protests there were numerous protests across town yesterday evening notably on JM road and Karve road. Thankfully these blokes/ blokesses(?) restricted themselves to occupying max half of the road width. Subsequently, I was unable to set a new record for commute time between Bund Garden road and Kothrud depot (time to beat is 1 hour 55 minutes set last Friday!)

PS - I dont have an issue with protests, marriages, processions, funerals but why is everything/ everyone out on the streets?! Do they think this impacts the people who travel in convoys of siren blazing cars?
Specific to this protest, instead of naarebaaji, signing on 10 different placards and wearing gandhi topis, it would be better if each and every one of these folks committed themselves to not giving or taking a bribe themselves.

Quote:
No!!
Looks like you waited for 20 minute window time to edit the post and then posted this!! Tit for tat, eh?
why No!!??
naah, I just saw your post that late. And I took time to recalculate, I am not that smart

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th August 2011 at 13:39.
Old 18th August 2011, 13:34   #504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
In that case, it should be 23 hours, no?!
No!!

Looks like you waited for 20 minute window time to edit the post and then posted this!! Tit for tat, eh?

BTW anyone planning to attend this morcha? I place my bets on amitwlele (going by his profile pic :P)

Back to the topic, it has been long since I commuted by the orange route. Are the roads still as bad? Though there was no problem to my vehicle, I literally hurt my back while traveling that way, I would not like to try if the condition is status quo!
Old 18th August 2011, 13:40   #505
BHPian

My mistake !

It is 1500 to 1600 hrs.

Edit: Some of my friends are eagerly waiting to be there [for reasons best known to them]
Old 18th August 2011, 14:20   #506
BHPian

Quote:
Back to the topic, it has been long since I commuted by the orange route. Are the roads still as bad? Though there was no problem to my vehicle, I literally hurt my back while traveling that way, I would not like to try if the condition is status quo!
Worse - I tell you. I am continuing only for the faster drive time.
mmxylorider is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 17:10   #507
Senior - BHPian

BTW, who organized this protest rally? In Hinjewadi i.e. A lot of folks from my office had gone there. Dont know the outcome of that rally though.

@Anil: I was about to say that @amitwlele must have surely gone. His avataar does say that you know . No offence meant Amit.

And yeah, Anil, thanks for the clarification. Its Infoscions not Infyites. Sorry folks.

So, where is our very own BHP traffic channel (sajo) gone? Any update on the road conditions (traffic wise)?
Old 18th August 2011, 17:24   #508
Senior - BHPian

^^What do these protests entail apart from signatures/ slogans? And are these being shadow managed by some other party? It does seem that the public support was initially underestimated. People are really pouring out in numbers. I hope they practise what they shout about and stop corruption in their own lives too.

By the way, anyone interested in a protest outside a Honda showroom? I guess I am the only one in these parts.

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance
May I try to ask what's the story behind "Honda Showroom" ?
Also, why you guess that you are alone in "those" parts?
Step 1: http://www.team-bhp.com/forum/indian...g-43-a-53.html

Step 2: see my signature

Step 3: put 2 and 2 together

Step 4: yep, I am one of those few who bought an overpriced product and now looking for a pillow to cry into! very few of my ilk around Pune you see

Last edited by selfdrive : 18th August 2011 at 17:46.
Old 18th August 2011, 17:29   #509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

By the way, anyone interested in a protest outside a Honda showroom? I guess I am the only one in these parts.

I empathize. Can someone file a PIL or Consumer complaint in this case? I mean what happens if the same happens in the US or other consumer oriented economies?
Old 18th August 2011, 17:41   #510
BHPian

Quote:
Sorry for my ignorance

May I try to ask what's the story behind "Honda Showroom" ?

Also, why you guess that you are alone in "those" parts?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks