Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 18th August 2011, 17:46   #511
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by WDM007 View Post
Sorry for my ignorance

May I try to ask what's the story behind "Honda Showroom" ?

Also, why you guess that you are alone in "those" parts?

@selfdrive owns a Jazz. You must guess the rest of the story!!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 18th August 2011, 20:26   #512
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
(time to beat is 1 hour 55 minutes set last Friday!)
Bala are you serious? You take this much time to return back every day. I guess Hinjewadi folks are better off.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
BTW anyone planning to attend this morcha? I place my bets on amitwlele (going by his profile pic :P)
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
@Anil: I was about to say that @amitwlele must have surely gone. His avataar does say that you know. No offence meant Amit.
I was back home at 3 PM so no morcha for me. I had put the avatar when Anna had gone on the fast the first time. I thought that is the least i can do. Now before it gets political and i am banned from T-BHP i am with this movement. Still making up my mind if the path followed by Anna and team is correct or not.
Old 18th August 2011, 22:14   #513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
So, where is our very own BHP traffic channel (sajo) gone? Any update on the road conditions (traffic wise)?
Right here sir..!
Can you believe these days they barricade me inside a room and actually expect me to work...? Imagine my plight..!

How many protests have Hinjewadian's planned ? I hope the plans are known in advance (I will sure let you guys know if I spot any heavy congestion) so that we can manage our commute times accordingly.

PS : I guess selfdrive was talking about the Ko-Depo protest with their ringing bell and all.
Old 19th August 2011, 10:54   #514
Senior - BHPian

The morcha did see unprecedented number yesterday. The newspapers carried an article saying the number of IT professionals, protesting were in the house of 2000 or so! Thats a good sight indeed.

Anyways, back on topic. Did anyone notice the absolute lack of traffic while commuting to office today? My guess is, a few offices would have a holiday on account of Pateti.
So lets find out which office has a holiday, and put the blame for traffic congestion on them .

O.T: Has anyone noticed the London Taxi ferrying in Hinjewadi for the past couple of days? Its white in color and is registered to Courtyard Marriot.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th August 2011, 11:01   #515
Distinguished - BHPian

^^ I hope you're wearing black in support of "the cause". I got a few emails urging me to wear "black dress" to work today. Don't think I'd look particularly nice in one, so decided against it.

Yup- I posted on the Pune rants thread about reaching work in a record 23 minutes today. There are clearly a lot less cars on the road today. Maybe the long weekend effect?
Old 19th August 2011, 11:46   #516
Senior - BHPian

Noop, got an email regarding wearing all black, but then kinda let it go. Not because I dont support ther cause or anything of that sorts, just didnt want to look like a club bouncer / All Black's rugby player, given the amount of weight I carry .

Yeah, could be the long weekend effect too. Its just that such pleasant surprises, however short-timed they maybe, bring out the happiness quotient in all of us.
Old 19th August 2011, 11:59   #517
Senior - BHPian

Seems like I was "carried away" by the initial jam and took the route "less traveled" with all the hard ships! Jeez! As I mentioned in the other thread I took the Sus-Nande route and broke my neck.

BTW, I am wearing white today and everyone was looking at me in a rather weird way, only then did I realize that I was "supposed" to wear black! If only people formed proper queues and waited for jams to clear! I wonder how the same people oblivious of the rules expect others to be stain free!!

Last edited by anilisanil : 19th August 2011 at 12:00.
Old 19th August 2011, 13:36   #518
BHPian

Guys!

One more procession today in Hinjewadi. This time it is in Phase II.

It is organised by HIA, so we got an "official" email about this from admin.

Today it is a padyatra from Infy ph2 to Wipro ph2 at 1700 to 1800 hrs. Expect some jam at the above time.
Old 22nd August 2011, 08:01   #519
BHPian

Guyies .. Folks coming from Sus road and Chandani chowk to Hinjewadi brace yourselves for traffic jam near sus road exit on highway. There is buffalo dead on the left lane. Looks like the poor soul was hit by truck and dragged along atleast 25-30 ft. Unless the authorities clear it right away there will be a traffic jam because people are moving into right lane to avoid the dead buffalo.
Is there a number where we can report this kind of incident other than police ?
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:47   #520
Senior - BHPian

@Athanedar: Saw the dead buffalo. Traffic was light when I came to office. Must be on account of Dahi handi.
Some office's seem to have an off. No traffic whatsoever on the entire Hinjewadi stretch. Reached office in 25 mins flat!
Old 22nd August 2011, 10:59   #521
Senior - BHPian

Unfortunate sight, that poor buffalo. But someone was kind enough to place traffic cones well before it.
Had a pleasant experience in Hinjewadi traffic today. Was trying to merge back into the heavy traffic after filling fuel in Shell, but wasnt able to find a gap at all (I avoid trying muscle in ). Finally, an approaching grey i20 actually paused well before me, conveying his intentions of letting me merge into the traffic in a very civil manner. Whoever you are sir...thank you! .

EDIT : Any dahi handi celebrations planned in HJW today ? I didnt see any big pandal being erected in the chowk. But we never know.

Last edited by sajo : 22nd August 2011 at 11:02.
Old 22nd August 2011, 14:55   #522
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Unfortunate sight, that poor buffalo. But someone was kind enough to place traffic cones well before it.
Had a pleasant experience in Hinjewadi traffic today. Was trying to merge back into the heavy traffic after filling fuel in Shell, but wasnt able to find a gap at all (I avoid trying muscle in ). Finally, an approaching grey i20 actually paused well before me, conveying his intentions of letting me merge into the traffic in a very civil manner. Whoever you are sir...thank you! .

EDIT : Any dahi handi celebrations planned in HJW today ? I didnt see any big pandal being erected in the chowk. But we never know.
There is a dahi handi being planned somewhere near Hinjewadi chowk from 4 pm onwards .
I think all buses atleast from phase 2 are going to be diverted from mezza9 itself.

Brace yourself for some major jams today. I would advise leaving early from office.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:17   #523
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by PuntoMania View Post
I would advise leaving early from office
Could you advise the same to my manager as well ? .

On a serious note, there would be jams everywhere in Pune on account of Dahi Handi.
People heading to Kothrud, try and avoid the Kinara Hotel chowk. Seems there are 3-4 Dahi Handi pandals and expect the situation to be chaotic.
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:48   #524
BHPian

Quote:
Could you advise the same to my manager as well ? .
Ha Ha Ha !

I know what your manager's reply would be >> "Why dont you work more & leave at late night? "
WDM007 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd August 2011, 15:49   #525
Distinguished - BHPian

I reached office in 15 minutes today. Awesome!

Saw the poor buffalo's remains: I guess the traffic hadn't started building up when I crossed it, around 9 am. Was wondering who does the job of cleaning that mess- can't be pleasant.

@sajo- filled up at Shell myself as well. I just wait till the row of cars is broken by a two-wheeler and then edge in- they are easier to bully!

Most Viewed