Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 16th September 2011, 12:29   #631
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Anil and Ojas: That is exactly what I did today. No, i didnt take a video or pic, but did roll down my window and thanked him for the act. I am sure, he was glad, as there was a faint smile on an otherwise absolute Poker face!

Ojas: Great idea. Lets try and get his name, then lets post on the PTP FB page. We all can add comments to thank this gentle person.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 11:57   #632
Senior - BHPian

So Supriya Sule had arrived and was holder her darbar a few meters away from my office today. I was driving in the left lane, when a heavily tinted blingy alloyed "changbhale" Swift stopped right on the road to chat with his buddies right in front of the sabha. Since I was directly behind him in bumper to bumper traffic, I couldnt move ahead, and neither could those behind me. Now this traffic cop comes and starts yelling at me to move ahead. I was like .
When I expressed my helplessness, he signaled the traffic in the right lane to stop , and I was able to change lanes and move ahead. But he said nothing to the guy blocking the road.
Why do they dont speak up against the thugs who cause these issues with their blatant regard for anything and manage to throw their weight around law abiding normal people?
Old 19th September 2011, 14:39   #633
Senior - BHPian

Thats ridiculous. How can the cop yell at you for not moving?
I suppose, even the police dont want to end up in bad "books" of the locals. Disgusting.

Today while coming to office, at the main chowk, I was turning left (into Ph1). A couple of local nincompoops were in front of me trying to cross the road. I stopped to let them through, but they didnt move. Taking that as a hint, I start moving. This is when the local comes upto my window and pushes the ORVM inside and kicks the tyre. Why? Who the hell knows why?
I am sick and tired of these jerks.
Old 19th September 2011, 14:49   #634
Distinguished - BHPian

@Swanand- I appreciate the sentiment but it's not worth geting into pissing contests with these goons. Just bite the bullet, smile sweetly and move on.

Without naming names, a car housing one of these personages was once right in front of ours in suburban Mumbai. We all stared interestedly and as we passed it, my nephew who must have been 5 at the time, even smiled and waved. A cop who were protecting the "master" actually frowned and showed the tip of his gun menacingly to us. My Mom begged my BIL to slow down and let the guys pass, which he did.

Left a bad taste in the mouth and ever since, if I see/hear one of these in my rear mirror, I give them as wide a berth as possible.
noopster is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 14:52   #635
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
This is when the local comes upto my window and pushes the ORVM inside and kicks the tyre. Why? Who the hell knows why?
I am sick and tired of these jerks.
Why? because:
a. you are in a big vehicle
b. you are in his 'area'
c. he is a loser

If this continues, one of these days my name is going to appear in the newspapers. There is only so much one can take
selfdrive is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 17:07   #636
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
Why? because:
a. you are in a big vehicle
b. you are in his 'area'
c. he is a loser

If this continues, one of these days my name is going to appear in the newspapers. There is only so much one can take
In the mezza9 route one day,when it was a long jam around 8 pm and my car was in the 4W queue surrounded by 2 wheelers, suddenly i found one of the bikes in rear seat spat on the bonnet front side ...and then looked back at me and smiled crookedly!
I guessed correctly and after parking in the society , saw that he spat on the headlight and that bonnet edge ..paan stains!

So dirty and disguisting ....these guys travel in group etc and so even if i feel like slapping them, cant do it ...it depresses , although for a moment.

But the point here is that their guts are increasing seeing these 'white collar people' not resisiting their dirty actions.

Time to do something ??
Old 19th September 2011, 17:25   #637
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Amazing View Post
Time to do something ??
Way overdue now. The problem is we dont stand up for one of our own. In fact I dont think we have a definition or category of 'own' either. It is always happening to someone else and we cannot be bothered. Until it happens to us and then we find the others thinking the same way that we were doing till a few minutes ago.

What we need is a 'changbhale' type group where we would stand up for other 'techies'. If we are being branded as that then we might as well unite under that flag and stand our ground.

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Bala: Oye control yaar! I know how disgusting it gets, but no point taking law in our hands now, is there?
Naah, its all pent up frustration. While I seethe and simmer and boil, I will not roll down my window or unlock my doors. The best way to cool down is to look away somewhere else into the distance

Swanand: when I was young, my grandfolks taught me not to touch anything in our garden that I was unsure of, in terms of reaction. I have extended that logic to the law, whichever form it exists in. So no touching/ taking in hands etc.

But if something happens around me, I do my best to speak up if I know something is wrong.

Last edited by selfdrive : 19th September 2011 at 17:51.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:36   #638
Senior - BHPian

@Amazing: Never ever do that! These guys are locals. Most of the times, we travel alone. No point taking panga with these goons.

That said, I do believe that it sure is high time somehting's done about this menace.
Look at it this way, the locals maybe a hundred or so. If we all (working in Hinjewadi) unite, we are a group of 75000 or more. Some fight that would be! But then, do we really want to stoop down to their levels?

Bala: Oye control yaar! I know how disgusting it gets, but no point taking law in our hands now, is there?

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 19th September 2011 at 17:37.
Old 19th September 2011, 17:40   #639
Distinguished - BHPian

I agree that locals sometimes cause problems but can assure you that it is much worse in Bangalore and other such so-called civilised places. The anti-IT xenophobia was one reason I moved out of there despite it being my home state, technically speaking!

I have not experienced any hostility from ANYONE in Pune in over two years, touch wood. And certainly not in Hinjewadi which my cars regard as some sort of hallowed ground since they spend so much time there

Whatever prosperity has come to this part of town is thanks to those big bad IT companies starting units here and I'm sure the locals appreciate it. It's ony when vested interests prevail and local politicians and goons fan the flames that it explodes into some of mass hysteria. Am hoping we will never see that day here.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th September 2011, 19:28   #640
BHPian

and I agree with Noop. The only instance when I was involved with locals in HJW was when I had to stop suddenly to let some pedestrians cross the road. This triple seater behind me honked couple of times. When I pointed out the reason, they were quick to acknowledge with a wave.

Of course it could have gone in the other direction as well!
Old 19th September 2011, 22:34   #641
Senior - BHPian

The Ms.SS-P effect... ?
Today morning while passing the Wakad bridge towards HJW, I saw two chaps in high-visibility jackets taking down what I presume are statistics in a notebook.
While going back at around 9, they were standing on the divider below it on NH4 , and taking down what can only be more statistics. They definitely did cross out/note down something as I passed by them.
Perhaps this is a traffic study being undertaken. Or maybe it was only for today.
BTW, the online petition I posted a few pages back for Ms.Sule did call for her to visit HJW in peak hours to get an idea of what happens. Maybe that reached her somehow ? Who knows.. ?

PS : She is ferried around a spanking white BMW X5.
Old 20th September 2011, 09:59   #642
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
BTW, the online petition I posted a few pages back for Ms.Sule did call for her to visit HJW in peak hours to get an idea of what happens. Maybe that reached her somehow ? Who knows.. ?
PS : She is ferried around a spanking white BMW X5.
Link

Yes, it did reach her and the blame game has started.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:10   #643
Senior - BHPian

Well, the blame game was but natural. Politicians blaming the cops, and vice versa.
Whats worth noting is, due to that petition, she was compelled to visit HJW in peak hours. Maybe, that did give her a taste of what we go through everyday.

Noop, while I agree with your sentiments, its sometimes these goons who play havoc. I am sure that by and large, the people of HJW do appreciate the monetary benefits, but there are elements who tend to forget that. Our rant is about those losers.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:15   #644
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by moralfibre View Post
Link

Yes, it did reach her and the blame game has started.
One encouraging line in the entire report. Work on the alternative route to Hinjewadi Phase I to start by October 15th. The only question is by when would it be completed and what would be the quality of work.
Old 20th September 2011, 11:17   #645
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar
Amazing: Never ever do that! These guys are locals. Most of the times, we travel alone. No point taking panga with these goons.

That said, I do believe that it sure is high time somehting's done about this menace.
Look at it this way, the locals maybe a hundred or so. If we all (working in Hinjewadi) unite, we are a group of 75000 or more. Some fight that would be! But then, do we really want to stoop down to their levels?

Bala: Oye control yaar! I know how disgusting it gets, but no point taking law in
fully with Swanand on this aspect of not taking panga with the locals which we also never intend to do.

Its always wise just to turn a blind eye to these locals unless you are driven to the point of being hurt physically in worst case. Then for self defence/ otherwise you may have to retaliate in that moment.

Another suggestion , if feasible, just may be to have a local BHPian group of Hinjewadi who can always assist other BHPians in case of real distress on road in this area. Just my thought ..pls ignore if irrelevant.

Last edited by Rehaan : 20th September 2011 at 12:46. Reason: Fixing quote. Make sure it starts with a [qu0te] and ends with a [/qu0te] (note the "/" in the end)

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks