Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st October 2011, 11:58   #781
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Today the traffic was back to the same old ways. Six Seaters and Bikers merrily going from the wrong side. That was still ok as it is not a unique occurance.

But then came a Police Sumo going at a decent speed on the wrong side. Number: MH-12- AH - 7498. Unfortunately was not able to click it as he was quick and i was crawling. How frustrating.

Couple of days back i had posted on Pune Traffic Police FB page and appreciated the efforts being put by the Police folks on the stretch. I would have to eat my words now. This registration number would now be posted on the page. Lets see what they have to say.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:01   #782
Senior - BHPian

I saw a couple of trucks, a Fortuner MH 12 FS 9900 or something , Swifts, dozens of bikers going on the wrong side even at 11 AM.
Looking forward to coming to office in Monday and Tuesday when I hope there would be no traffic.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:15   #783
Senior - BHPian

Police jeeps/sumos/gypsy's breaking traffic rules is nothing new. I've seen them do so quite a few times before too. Unless its an emergency, arent they supposed to follow traffic rules too?

Monday & Tuesday would be a great drive to office. Most of the people would be on leave due to Diwali. But, come to think of it, getting out of Hinjewadi today, will be a pain. Most of them would want to leave early.
Old 21st October 2011, 12:22   #784
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Police jeeps/sumos/gypsy's breaking traffic rules is nothing new. I've seen them do so quite a few times before too. Unless its an emergency, arent they supposed to follow traffic rules too?

Monday & Tuesday would be a great drive to office. Most of the people would be on leave due to Diwali. But, come to think of it, getting out of Hinjewadi today, will be a pain. Most of them would want to leave early.
Thank me, my figo wont be plying next week and I would be leaving by 345 today!! So one less vehicle for ya all!
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 22nd October 2011, 14:31   #785
Senior - BHPian

I cringe on seeing this photos. I so want to avoid looking at these pictures of the roads we travel on everyday, but thats how it is.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-299135_286606808030974_271459152879073_1065134_1531830612_n.jpg

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-315469_275365825821739_271459152879073_1023901_142070724_n.jpg

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-303009_275365762488412_271459152879073_1023900_327544215_n.jpg

There are more such pics found in this album.

Courtesy : Hinjewadi Traffic, Facebook group.
Old 22nd October 2011, 15:00   #786
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Now today they were videographing the whole traffic process. Might be for news channels, but I didnt see any of their broadcasting vans around.
If it all it is shown somewhere, the guy in green stupidly smiling from a bus window is me.

And indeed they were.

I make an appearance at 2.12 , on the last seat of the white bus which cannot be seen at all.

EDIT : It is in Marathi, but the gist of the issue is, PMPML says that they cannot start buses to Hinjewadi because even if they get passengers while coming, their buses will have to return empty. I believe this is not something which cannot be handled by route planning. For example, if a bus comes from Sahakar Nagar/Bibewadi/Katraj/NH4 route, I dont see why it should return on the same. It can very well go into the city via Aundh/University etc, and get some occupancy atleast.

Last edited by sajo : 22nd October 2011 at 15:02.
Old 24th October 2011, 09:29   #787
BBT
BHPian

Diwali Bonanza!! The drive was awesome. Left home at 8:30 and was at the Shell pump at 8:50 (Normally takes about 40 minutes). Reached office in phase 2 at 9:10 after a relaxed 10 minute tank-filling and checking tyre pressure at Shell.

Decided to pamper my fiesta with a tankful of unleaded Shell and was pleasantly surprised to see that its available for 71.45 a litre - my usual BP pump sells it for 69.98 but the service and quality assurance of Shell is definitely worth more that 1.5 rs a litre. (Sorry for being OT, just felt that everyone should know that they can tank up at Shell without having to pay an arm and a leg more than at the Sarkaari pumps)
Old 24th October 2011, 10:32   #788
Senior - BHPian

Diwali Bonanza indeed! As expected the road saw hardly any traffic today. What a pleasant and peaceful drive it was today morning! For once, I was actually looking forward to coming to office!
Old 24th October 2011, 10:36   #789
Distinguished - BHPian

What bliss! I pray for long weekends

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
Diwali Bonanza!! The drive was awesome. Left home at 8:30 and was at the Shell pump at 8:50 (Normally takes about 40 minutes). Reached office in phase 2 at 9:10 after a relaxed 10 minute tank-filling and checking tyre pressure at Shell.
What car we you driving? My white Vento came in for a full tank and tyre check just after 9.
Old 24th October 2011, 13:53   #790
BHPian

A peaceful bike ride again today with plans to repeat tomorrow. A lot of North India bound people will leave around lunch time tomorrow and it should be interesting to see the roads in late afternoon tomorrow.
Old 25th October 2011, 06:50   #791
BBT
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster
What bliss! I pray for long weekends

What car we you driving? My white Vento came in for a full tank and tyre check just after 9.
I was in my black Fiesta 1.6 but I had finished tanking up before 9.
Old 25th October 2011, 10:56   #792
Senior - BHPian

So, Hinjewadi road development plans do see some light after all.
Today there's an article again describing the road work that is to be carried out in phases. In the first leg, the road from Dange Chowk to Mezza9 route will be worked upon. After that, the main road from Wakad overbridge will see some development.

The article does not state anything about the road from Mhalunge (Baner Phata) to Ph2 though.
Old 25th October 2011, 11:32   #793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today there's an article again describing the road work that is to be carried out in phases. In the first leg, the road from Dange Chowk to Mezza9 route will be worked upon. After that, the main road from Wakad overbridge will see some development.

The article does not state anything about the road from Mhalunge (Baner Phata) to Ph2 though.
Here are some more bananas:

Article 1

Article 2

If they do this in record time (including land acquisitions), they'll get my vote. I am not a commuter to Hinjewadi but I get to hear the experiences everyday.
moralfibre is offline   (3) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 11:54   #794
Senior - BHPian

Well, if they really wanted to plan and improve things for the long term, it would make sense for them to integrate a plan for a metro line there too. It would be great to have a metro link into town from there. In the long term, it would ensure quick mass transport. Always better than more lane space for morons to manoeuver in/ out of.

If we had a reliable & regular mass transit infrastructure how many of us would drive to work everyday?

Edit: An update

http://www.indianexpress.com/news/10...i-soon/865031/

There’s news this Diwali to brighten up IT professionals and others who use public transport to reach their workplace in Hinjewadi, Pune’s IT park. PMPML, the city transport utility, is finally getting ready to run 100 additional buses to cater to the working population in the IT park and surrounding areas, which will take the number to 136 from 36 now.

Last edited by selfdrive : 25th October 2011 at 12:20.
selfdrive is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 25th October 2011, 11:56   #795
Senior - BHPian

So some more carrots?
I trust some authorities do really want to improve things around HJW , but vested interests are not letting them. Mezza9 to Ginger 4 lane-ing is indeed good news. But I dont see this move going down well with the locals, because at some points (eg, just before the Octroi post), the road literally touches the homes of many people. If I was a resident, I would so not vote for someone who lets a big chunk of my home be acquired for road building. The people who have problems with this road dont vote, but those who are set to lose their homes do.
Again, lack of planning by the original promoters of HJW MIDC are to be blamed.

PS: What they need to do is also widen the bottleneck near IOC petrol pump till the flyover. 91 crore of the tax payers money is a fair bit, and I do hope they utilise it well.
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks