Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 25th November 2011, 10:02   #841
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Boarded the office bus at 8.39 sharp. Wheezed along at 40kmph (not kidding) to reach office at 9.20. No issues anywhere at all. Saw PMPML buses in Hinjewadi too.
Old 25th November 2011, 10:51   #842
Senior - BHPian

Thank god for such Bandh's. Breezed through to office today. Hardly any traffic at all!
Didnt see any PMPML busses or six/three seater autos enroute though.
Old 25th November 2011, 11:02   #843
Senior - BHPian

@SwIn : I saw some six shitters all right. All going on the wrong side. Check photos on FB !
sajo is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 25th November 2011, 11:15   #844
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
@SwIn : I saw some six shitters all right. All going on the wrong side. Check photos on FB !
Even today on the wrong side?? I think they have forgotten the correct side of the road.

I captured a video of the wrong siders on Wednesday on the BB. But then i am facing issues in converting it so that i can upload it on FB page. The file name shows .REM extension and it seems there is a need to update the software version on my BB.
Old 28th November 2011, 11:00   #845
Senior - BHPian

Today morning also, wasnt that bad. Hardly any traffic till the main junction. But that didnt deter the regular offenders. They still had to use the wrong side to go ahead.

Is it the weather that people have taken leaves or something?
Old 28th November 2011, 11:03   #846
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Today morning also, wasnt that bad. Hardly any traffic till the main junction. But that didnt deter the regular offenders. They still had to use the wrong side to go ahead.

seriously! I do not understand this. I am forced to believe that this is the fuel prices effect. whatever it is I
Old 28th November 2011, 11:10   #847
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Monday morning effect. Have been noticing it for quite a few weeks, mondays are generally less crowded. The earlier you come, the lesser the traffic (not applicable when the buses pass through the junction) - best time to come in is around 9-10 a.m.

And Tuesdays they come back with a vengence.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:10   #848
Senior - BHPian

<rant>
How ironic can things get?
I was the person who used to report accidents on the bypass! Well, the same happened to me this morning.

As I was about to turn into Hinjewadi, a six seater on my right merged suddenly in my lane. To avoid hitting him, I swerved left after checking it was safe to do so. A car ahead of me turned left and lo- a six seater coming in the opposite (wrong) direction banged into my car. Last minute swerve resulted into a damaged right fender. Managed to hurt my left leg in the ordeal too! (Which is a complete suspense as to how did I manage to do that!).

Took the car to Europa for damage repair. Estimated damage to pocket - Rs. 25,000!

I hate Hinjewadi!
</end rant>

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 29th November 2011 at 12:18.
Old 29th November 2011, 12:15   #849
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
<rant>
I was the person who used to report accidents on the bypass! Well, the same happened to me this morning.

As I was about to turn into Hinjewadi, a six seater on my right merged suddenly in my lane. To avoid hitting him, I swerved left after checking it was safe to do so. A car ahead of me turned left and lo- a six seater coming in the opposite (wrong) direction banged into my car. Last minute swerve resulted into a damaged right fender. Managed to hurt my left leg in the ordeal too! (Which is a complete suspense as to how did I manage to do that!).

Took the car the Europa for damage repair. Estimated damage to pocket - Rs. 25,000!

I hate Hinjewadi!
</end rant>

Ohh Damn! 25k... I really hope your leg is better. Thats most important. I think that it is safe to drive in the wrong lane in Hinjewadi rather than being sane and drive in the right(correct) lane.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 12:24   #850
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
<rant>

Took the car to Europa for damage repair. Estimated damage to pocket - Rs. 25,000!

I hate Hinjewadi!
</end rant>
Really sad! :(

Hope your leg is fine, just make sure the knee ligaments are fine (ligaments are the most common injured during such accidents).

I hope you gave some piece of your frustration to that shitseater guy in wrong direction.

Probably a frustrating advice, I generally do not tail or try do anything even with minimal risk when a shitseater is involved, they hardly have anything to lose, except may be their life?

But then, sometimes you are just cornered, it is in these moments you wish you some bazookas or something. Each passing day convinces me the necessity of all the weapons that were discovered, I hope all this Hinjewadi traffic converts me into a misanthrope, I am already half done!

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th November 2011 at 12:34.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 13:50   #851
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Ohh Damn! 25k... I really hope your leg is better. Thats most important. I think that it is safe to drive in the wrong lane in Hinjewadi rather than being sane and drive in the right(correct) lane.
Ajay, 25k is only the estimate. Only when they remove the damaged part will they be able to see if the headlamp assembly is intact. If not, well, there go a few more K's. Down side of owning a Skoda I suppose.

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Really sad! :(

Hope your leg is fine
Absolutely right mate! I so wish I carry weapons of mass destruction along!
Better yet, I am thinking of buying a JCB. Those who err, will simply be rolled over or thrown off the road! Ha, sadistic me!

I never tailgate a vehicle. Today wasnt any different. Its just that the car in front of me turned suddenly and I had no time to avoid the collision with the moron.

Anyways, heres a pic that shows the actual damage.
Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-img2011112900192.jpg

EDIT: Oh yeah, my leg is alright, I supppose. It looks to be a minor injury. Its just that I cant fold my knee. Shall go to the doc and check.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 29th November 2011 at 13:52. Reason: Adding text
Old 29th November 2011, 14:05   #852
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, 25k is only the estimate. Only when they remove the damaged part will they be able to see if the headlamp assembly is intact. If not, well, there go a few more K's. Down side of owning a Skoda I suppose.

Hey, that (body work) could be fixed for much less (4-5K) by local body shop guys, one of whom I know. So if you want to check that option let me know. My cousin once reversed my car into a pillar and I got it done from this guy, who did a good job! Do let me know if you still have a choice to choose

Good to know your leg is alright and amen for WMD.

Last edited by anilisanil : 29th November 2011 at 14:11.
Old 29th November 2011, 14:09   #853
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Anyways, heres a pic that shows the actual damage.
Attachment 849456
Looks like it was a major thumping impact.

EDIT: Oh yeah, my leg is alright, I supppose. It looks to be a minor injury. Its just that I cant fold my knee. Shall go to the doc and check.
Glad to hear that your leg is OK. Do get it checked from the doc before you check the Laura.
Old 29th November 2011, 15:56   #854
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Ajay, 25k is only the estimate.
Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey, that (body work) could be fixed for much less (4-5K) by local body shop guys, one of whom I know.
Agree with Anil here. Of course, I could be wrong, but from the pic, it doesn't look to be a 25k job. I know a garage in Kothrud that does good denting painting work. Let me know if you want their contact details to get an estimate.

Cheers,
Vikram
Old 29th November 2011, 15:58   #855
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:

Absolutely right mate! I so wish I carry weapons of mass destruction along!
Better yet, I am thinking of buying a JCB. Those who err, will simply be rolled over or thrown off the road! Ha, sadistic me!

I never tailgate a vehicle. Today wasnt any different. Its just that the car in front of me turned suddenly and I had no time to avoid the collision with the moron.
Damn! Hard luck dude.
You are going for the insurance claim? Don't tell me that is coming from your pocket!
If it is coming from your pocket do have a look at this thread - i remember two garages being mentioned for Skoda cars. But then, guess you'll know better.

And is the car drive-able? More important, can you get it back home? Do tell, am done for the day, can help if required. Will follow up on this with you.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Glad to hear that your leg is OK. Do get it checked from the doc before you check the Laura.
Doubt if he'll actually do that. But yes, @swanand do give it a regular checkup at the earliest.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks