Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 29th November 2011, 16:08   #856
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Hey, that (body work) could be fixed for much less (4-5K) by local body shop guys, one of whom I know. So if you want to check that option let me know.
Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
Agree with Anil here. Of course, I could be wrong, but from the pic, it doesn't look to be a 25k job. I know a garage in Kothrud that does good denting painting work. Let me know if you want their contact details to get an estimate.

Cheers,
Vikram
Thanks a ton guys. I actually did check it up with a local guy that I know. Even he was of the opinion that I take it to ASC. Ironically, I was supposed to give my car to Europa for its 2nd servicing today .
So, yeah. Something like ek teer mein do shikaar.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
Glad to hear that your leg is OK. Do get it checked from the doc before you check the Laura.
Lol Ajay, I know its kinda important to check the knee, but all ive been thinking about is the car! And cursing that moron, everytime I get up from my seat.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Damn! Hard luck dude.
You are going for the insurance claim? Don't tell me that is coming from your pocket!
If it is coming from your pocket do have a look at this thread - i remember two garages being mentioned for Skoda cars. But then, guess you'll know better.

And is the car drive-able? More important, can you get it back home? Do tell, am done for the day, can help if required. Will follow up on this with you.

Doubt if he'll actually do that. But yes, @swanand do give it a regular checkup at the earliest.
Thanks Ninja. Luckily, my wife drove the Swift to office. Hence she shall be picking me up from work.
The car is drivable, but currently it sits at Europa. The 2nd servicing and the repair work is being done.

And yes, the knee shall be checked on, once I reach home.

Thanks guys. really appreciate the concern.
Old 29th November 2011, 16:33   #857
Senior - BHPian

swanand,
bad luck boy, hope your knee is alright now.
''Mai pahalese tuze bol raha tha, gaddi zyada mat bhagau...but...you sunatahi nahi''.

Last edited by ASHISHPALLOD : 29th November 2011 at 16:39.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 16:58   #858
Senior - BHPian

Hey SwIn, sorry to hear about your little smooching incident dude. How did things go thereafter?
Did you get down and walk menacingly towards the 6-shitter ? Were there cops on the scene who did anything (I know they are present under the bridge at all times)? Did he apologise ? Did you point it out to the Mama on the scene that the idiot was driving on the wrong side ?
Did the idiot even bother to stop to begin with ?
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 17:39   #859
Senior - BHPian

AP: Trust me man, that turn where this happened cant have speeds above 20 kmh. Hinjewadians would know.

Ojas: Here's the actual gist of the conversation (after the accident).
Cops present. See the accident as it happens.

Cop: Arrr.. saheb gadi thokli ahe.... lai bad!
Me: I know.
Me (to the sixer): Kay he? Disat nahi ka? Wrong side ni gaadi chalavta.
Sixer: Sorry Sorry. pachaak. Sorry.Pachaak. Sorry. (Pachaak is the spitting sound. Spitting of what, we all know).
Me to the cop: Saheb, tyachi chuki ahe. We need to take action.
Cop: O saheb, he loka ashich ahet. Kashala gaav valya shi panga gheta? Tumhala roj yaycha asta office la. Jau dya tyala.
Cop to the Sixer: Ae... (with some abuses in marathi) Sorry mhan sahebana ani ja ata.
Me: WT... .

I was more concerned about the hurting knee and the damage to the car. Not necessarily in that order.

Sorry for the Marathi in between. But there is no other way to explain the actual incident.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 17:45   #860
Senior - BHPian

Ouch! Locals ganging up against the "soft" target is bad. The cop/warden was in all probability a local too. Although its not unexpected , this is pathetic. The least he could have done is fined the spectacular moron for driving on the wrong side.
But hey, we are at fault for being honest, tax paying, law abiding citizens.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:28   #861
BHPian

Hey Swan, sorry to know about the incident and your leg injury. This mess is a curse on us -Hinjewadians.
As rightly said by others it does not look 25K worth damage (but I guess you are the better judge with Sokda in this matter).
Take second opinion from other Skoda dealership in the city if required.

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 29th November 2011 at 18:40.
RemingtonSteele is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 18:35   #862
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Sixer: Sorry Sorry. pachaak. Sorry.Pachaak. Sorry. (Pachaak is the spitting sound. Spitting of what, we all know).
Cop: O saheb, he loka ashich ahet. Kashala gaav valya shi panga gheta? Tumhala roj yaycha asta office la. Jau dya tyala.
Cop to the Sixer: Ae... (with some abuses in marathi) Sorry mhan sahebana ani ja ata.
This is completely . Like Sajo said "Sab mile hue hey...". After my first and hopefully last road-rage experience, I have decided to just move along from the incident as if nothing happened. There is no point in arguing with these low-lives.
ajay_satpute is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 21:32   #863
Distinguished - BHPian

It's absolutely galling- my blood boiled when Swanand told me this morning and again when I read all these posts. My friend told me a tum-tum driver told him that each vehicle pays 1000/- per month to the local constabulary, ostensibly to over incidents such as these.

There is a bright side to this- the TBHP Hinjewadi network is as strong as ever. Swanand got a ride from Europa Skoda to office courtesy jealousdiamond and I dropped him off to Sus Road where his wife picked him up in the evening. He's making light of it but the limp looks bad

Sometimes I hate this country.

Last edited by noopster : 29th November 2011 at 21:33.
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 29th November 2011, 22:20   #864
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Took the car to Europa for damage repair. Estimated damage to pocket - Rs. 25,000!

I hate Hinjewadi! </end rant>
Swanand I am glad to read that you are ok. That policeman is right in a weird sort of way - it is better not to take 'pangas' with those villagers. I recall a nasty incident when some village toughs ganged up and thrashed a commuter because he bumped into their motorcycle.

One of my company's development facilities is based there and yes I hate HJW too! Can you believe that MIDC is planning Phase 4 without thinking of an alternative approach road first! Gosh! I hate to imagine the traffic in the next few years. It will be unbearable.

Cheers!
R2D2 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 10:56   #865
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Ouch! Locals ganging up against the "soft" target is bad. The cop/warden was in all probability a local too. Although its not unexpected , this is pathetic. The least he could have done is fined the spectacular moron for driving on the wrong side.
But hey, we are at fault for being honest, tax paying, law abiding citizens.
Amen to that brother. We sure are at fault!

Quote:
Originally Posted by RemingtonSteele View Post
Hey Swan, sorry to know about the incident and your leg injury. This mess is a curse on us -Hinjewadians.
As rightly said by others it does not look 25K worth damage (but I guess you are the better judge with Sokda in this matter).
Take second opinion from other Skoda dealership in the city if required.
Thanks Remi. Actually, the 25k (estimate) is because the entire part needs to be changed. There is no denting -painting that can be done.

Quote:
Originally Posted by ajay_satpute View Post
This is completely . Like Sajo said "Sab mile hue hey...". After my first and hopefully last road-rage experience, I have decided to just move along from the incident as if nothing happened. There is no point in arguing with these low-lives.
Trure say Ajay.I sure was pissed, after the incident, but surprisingly I was very calm while talking to the cop and the sixer.

I re-iterate - Hinjewadi has helped me in increasing my tolerance levels.

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
It's absolutely galling- my blood boiled when Swanand told me this morning and again when I read all these posts. My friend told me a tum-tum driver told him that each vehicle pays 1000/- per month to the local constabulary, ostensibly to over incidents such as these.

There is a bright side to this- the TBHP Hinjewadi network is as strong as ever. Swanand got a ride from Europa Skoda to office courtesy jealousdiamond and I dropped him off to Sus Road where his wife picked him up in the evening. He's making light of it but the limp looks bad

Sometimes I hate this country.
Noop, I am so greatful for friends and BHPians (yes, in that order) like you, JD, Ninja and all others who expressed concern. Everyone of you made it a point to actually either offfer a ride (if feasible) or at least voiced concern about my leg. Thats the TBHP spirit!

Yes, I was taking the limp lightly, simply because I was more concerned about the car. Cant help it. We all are a little crazy. Right?
But luckily, its not that serious.

Quote:
Originally Posted by R2D2 View Post
Swanand I am glad to read that you are ok. That policeman is right in a weird sort of way - it is better not to take 'pangas' with those villagers. I recall a nasty incident when some village toughs ganged up and thrashed a commuter because he bumped into their motorcycle.

One of my company's development facilities is based there and yes I hate HJW too! Can you believe that MIDC is planning Phase 4 without thinking of an alternative approach road first! Gosh! I hate to imagine the traffic in the next few years. It will be unbearable.

Cheers!
Thanks mate. Yes, no point arguing with these people. If you throw stones in muck.... something like that!

Ph4 is already being constructed as we speak. The plan is to go till Ph 10! Beat that!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 30th November 2011 at 11:14.
Old 30th November 2011, 11:04   #866
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
1]AP: Trust me man,

2]Me: WT... .

@Swanand,
1] i trust you, mai to aisehi........jakhm....namak.......

2] You should keep mobile numbers of high profile policeman like sp/dsp,
by just showing that number to the pandu, hawaldar will help you.
ASHISHPALLOD is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 30th November 2011, 11:10   #867
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ASHISHPALLOD View Post
@Swanand,

2] You should keep mobile numbers of high profile policeman like sp/dsp,
by just showing that number to the pandu, hawaldar will help you.
This actually helps, even if you do not know any of the SP/DSP.

I have this AP registered Unicorn with Maharashtra road tax paid. I have all other documents and this pandu caught me and is arguing with me that I should have MH registration or else I would have to pay a fine.

I gave him my keys and asked him to confiscate my bike and before him I took out my mobile searched for contacts and started dialing "DGP Uncle" and voila the pandu nonchalantly hands me over the keys and simultaneously feigning as if he is trying to catch someone, all this is behind Chaitanya paranthas on Paud road. So his unmistakable intentions were clear and I did not pay the road tax just like that!!
Old 1st December 2011, 07:34   #868
Senior - BHPian

Quote:

I was more concerned about the hurting knee and the damage to the car. Not necessarily in that order.

Sorry for the Marathi in between. But there is no other way to explain the actual incident.
Logged in after a long time. SI sorry to read this. I guess you must have already had a talk with Mr.Dent Remover about this?

And by the way why don't you post the above conversation on the Pune TP FB page. That would be an interesting read.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:46   #869
Senior - BHPian

Amit: Thanks man. I did speak to the dent remover. Since the paint had been scraped too, it was better to get the part replaced.

No point posting it on PTP FB. You know how it is. I can tell you the reply Ill get - "Your concern has been forwarded to Sub Instector XYZ of the Hinjewadi Traffic Department. His mobile number is XXXXXX".

Ive let go the incident. My only worry was the amount of expenses the car would incur. Which luckily isnt much.
Old 1st December 2011, 10:57   #870
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
"Your concern has been forwarded to Sub Instector XYZ of the Hinjewadi Traffic Department. His mobile number is XXXXXX".
To be precise, its :

"Your complaint is forwarded to API Nale mo. no. 9923482258 Hinjewadi Traffic Division for further legal action."

What do you guys think is happening here? Picture taken today morning.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-image169.jpg

PS: People may want to make a note of the above mobile number and name. Can be useful in "sticky" situations.
sajo is offline   (3) Thanks

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks