Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 9th December 2011, 11:36   #901
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
That must have been quite a sight!! My sadistic side so wants to see that happening!
Ojas, we all are becoming sadists as days pass, arent we? Not that I am complaining .

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
But the sane side of mine reminds me that a hefty fine would work more wonders than such actions. Wonder when they are going to pass the fine increase law amendment.
Ninja, I guess I happen to be lucky to get to see such sights.
While I agree on the hefty fines part, what's more insulting is getting whacked. A fine is a financial loss, but a whack in public is insult and injury, both!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 9th December 2011 at 11:37.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:41   #902
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Ojas, we all are becoming sadists as days pass, arent we? Not that I am complaining .

Ninja, I guess I happen to be lucky to get to see such sights.
While I agree on the hefty fines part, what's more insulting is getting whacked. A fine is a financial loss, but a whack in public is insult and injury, both!
And every time the cop whacks one of the billboards there should have a video people laughing in a demeaning way with the speakers which are otherwise used to drill holes into our ears.

I am ready to donate for such set up. But if only wishes were horses.

Or may be adherence to civic laws should have some 15% weightage in annual appraisals, cops could catch these morons note down the employee details and send it across to the HR department from where it can cascade and anyone whose name gets updated will lose out on that 15%. And cab drivers should pay from their salary for each violation! Duh! Wish I have some powers :(

Last edited by anilisanil : 9th December 2011 at 11:44.
Old 9th December 2011, 11:54   #903
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
we all are becoming sadists as days pass, arent we? Not that I am complaining .
Wait a minute...Why are we calling ourselves sadists for enjoying what is essentially a wrong being righted! Rollback the sadists part!

BTW, you know why everyone was spurred into action today ? Tiger Cop was back! As a regular cop though, I do not know how much jurisdiction(?) he has over traffic issues.

Last edited by sajo : 9th December 2011 at 11:55.
sajo is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:18   #904
Senior - BHPian

Yesterday I had made a complaint against the U-Turn that people take after the Hinjewadi flyover (over NH4 bypass) to go towards Kothrud/Katraj. They responded to the complaint and promptly removed the No U-Turn boards. The complaint was made on their facebook page. And the reason they gave is that the service lane is in a bad shape.

I was hoping that they restrict the U-turn at least in the evenings.
pjbiju is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 16:24   #905
Senior - BHPian

Biju, that Uturn has been some point of discussion! And a loved one at that. A few weeks there's no UTurn, then for some weeks there is a UTurn. Then again, for most of the times, the UTurn is allowed, despite the board being there.

Me thinks, the cop themselves are going the trial error way.
Yes, the bypass (left turn to merge on NH4) is in bad shape. Lots of potholes all over.

EDIT: Ojas, yes I did see him at the end of the flyover today. In normal cops clothes, sans the Ray-Bans.
You are right on we calling ourselves sadists. No, we arent. We are just having cheap thrills at the expense of the wrong doers.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 9th December 2011 at 16:26. Reason: Adding text
Old 9th December 2011, 17:05   #906
Distinguished - BHPian

I take the Mezza 9 route if leaving non-peak hours OR after 8 and the 'orange route' (left turn opposite KPIT to the Wakad underpass) after 7 (that's when most company buses take the Mezza 9 route). That damn U-turn and its intricacies are beyond me. I actually got yelled at by a cop for hesitating before the turn one time (there was a huge NO U TURN board there ). And that left turn towards Madhupushpa that rejoins the highway before the junction is a royal mess.

God- all this nonsense because they can't build a decent option to the existing road!
Old 9th December 2011, 17:11   #907
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
So the cops are taking action today,hiding behind this tempo and catching idiots unaware. Got great pleasure from seeing a Gunthesh (thanks Kaustubh_vaze for this term!) White Fiesta being charged too.
So the tally of total people charged must have increased from 10 to 15 people. This is the number we would be able to see in the next response on PTP Page.

By the way why Gunthesh?? Meaning please.

Quote:
Ojas, just after that did the cops realise of this happening. Pronto, one cop was sent to the merging junction and stood there with a lathi in his hand, as if playing baseball, and WHACK! one guy got it bad. I mean real bad.
Man i am missing the action. Have been in and out of office at off peak hours. Would have loved to see this one tight slap
Old 9th December 2011, 17:14   #908
Senior - BHPian

Amit: I presume the term refers to the Guntha Mantri's that our city is full of. Especially Hinjewadi.

Yes, you are missing out on some amazing action sequences. Get back to the old routine man. Driving into Hinjewadi was never this fun.

noop: The only option to mend all wrongs is to get rid of that damned flyover. Till that has been done, such antics would prevail.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 9th December 2011, 18:38   #909
BHPian

Quote:
But the sane side of mine reminds me that a hefty fine would work more wonders than such actions. Wonder when they are going to pass the fine increase law amendment.
I say, just stop the erring person and deflate one of the tyres. Let him sweat getting the spare tyre fixed or something.

Been at the receiving end a looong time ago when I went doubles on a bicycle in Mumbai and the traffic cop did exactly this. And he also threw away the valve nut. I still remember, don't I? And that is the point!
Old 12th December 2011, 11:33   #910
Senior - BHPian

Today morning, I for once didnt see any wrong siders. Neither did I see any cops! How is it that, with lack of cops, people still obeyed traffic rules?

MMxylo: I agree, thats one incident one would remember for a good time. Something similar needs to be started. Maybe, deflate two tyres if its a 4 wheeler, and one tyre if its a 2 wheeler. That would teach them a lesson.
Old 14th December 2011, 13:57   #911
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Better yet, throw the key of the bike away into grasses or garbage. Or as everyone else suggested, deflate the tyres.
Old 15th December 2011, 10:57   #912
Senior - BHPian

Same story, different day. I have a feeling that we all have started resembling a broken record, that keeps on ranting the same thing time and again.

Today being a Thursday, the traffic on roads is lesser anyways. But our serial offenders dont see empty roads, I suppose. Not only do they want to brake the law, but they want to put people's lives in danger as well.

I think its time we implemented the strictest of laws for traffic violation.
Old 15th December 2011, 11:04   #913
SDP
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I say, just stop the erring person and deflate one of the tyres. Let him sweat getting the spare tyre fixed or something.

Been at the receiving end a looong time ago when I went doubles on a bicycle in Mumbai and the traffic cop did exactly this. And he also threw away the valve nut. I still remember, don't I? And that is the point!
Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
Better yet, throw the key of the bike away into grasses or garbage. Or as everyone else suggested, deflate the tyres.
Hope you mean the cops taking that action and NOT the people like you and me who observe the rules. Otherwise, I can imagine this could easily escalate to another road-rage case.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:15   #914
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by SDP View Post
Hope you mean the cops taking that action and NOT the people like you and me who observe the rules. Otherwise, I can imagine this could easily escalate to another road-rage case.
The cops ofcourse!

Also, on a side note, I would like to mention the dangerous open partition in the bypass road. In the route between Baner and Hinjewadi, there is a section on the highway which acts like a U-turn point for vehicles. Many a times, we have to had to hit the brakes hard due to some nut trying to cross over. As of now its been barricaded, but I have observed Suppandis trying to open it to cross over to the side.
Old 15th December 2011, 12:26   #915
Senior - BHPian

^^Ravan, how about a police jeep trying to crossover from that partition?
A few pages back, a picture has been posted of the same! Or was it a different thread? Cant remember now.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks