Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 30th January 2012, 11:37   #1066
Senior - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Came to office after a good 5 days of holidays, and to be honest, I was dreading the drive in HJW. Well, luck was on my side. NO traffic snarls at all! All the way to DLF.

Normally, Wipro circle (Ph2) is choc a block in peak hours. Today, it was a free flow even at that junction.

Thank god for that!
Old 30th January 2012, 11:41   #1067
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
That way, traffic going towards Wakad/Aundh goes unhindered, and those taking the U-turn for NH4 also dont have to wait for the oncoming traffic to thin.
The idea looks good, but you should consider the oncoming traffic at the same time. The ones taking the U turn comes in direct touch with oncoming traffic as there is only a single and narrow lane. If its implemented, then there should be traffic police manning the intersection as he will have to regulate it.
Old 30th January 2012, 18:30   #1068
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by _raVan_ View Post
The idea looks good, but you should consider the oncoming traffic at the same time. The ones taking the U turn comes in direct touch with oncoming traffic as there is only a single and narrow lane. If its implemented, then there should be traffic police manning the intersection as he will have to regulate it.
Yes, the "current" lane is quite narrow, but there is some expansion work going on parallelly on the side. Wish they speed it up. If they want it, they can surely do it in less than a week. But we all know they wont.
Old 31st January 2012, 10:42   #1069
Senior - BHPian

Huge jam while coming into HJW, for no rhyme or reason it turns out to be.

After the left turn, I could see a queue of cars lined up (in proper order, for once) all the way to the chowk. The traffic on the other side was free flowing.

Is the no HCV limit only limited to entering the main chowk? Everyday, I see lots of trucks turning right from Mezza9 leading to Ph2 and Ph3.
Old 31st January 2012, 11:09   #1070
Senior - BHPian

Evenings have become a nightmare for us bus travellers. All the buses cramp up and camp in the Mezza9 route. It takes us around 30 mins to get from Phase 2 to the bypass road at 6:15pm.

Hows the bridge at that time? Is the traffic smooth?
Old 31st January 2012, 11:25   #1071
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Evenings have become a nightmare for us bus travellers. All the buses cramp up and camp in the Mezza9 route. It takes us around 30 mins to get from Phase 2 to the bypass road at 6:15pm.

Hows the bridge at that time? Is the traffic smooth?
I leave at 6.45 and it takes us 45 mins on an average to get to underpass by the bus. Crowds start building up starting at 6-6.15 and by the time my bus gets there, the crowds have actually reached upto Mezza9 itself.

I took the bridge on Friday, since I was in the car, and it was smooth sailing till the foot, presumably because people were treating it as a long holiday, but it was business as usual on the bridge itself. Infact, people were coming up from Wakad towards HJW at 6.30 pm, when they are not supposed from 6-8pm. But hey, they are not supposed to go on the wrong side too right ?
I dont think the new arrangement is working quite in anyone's favour. It needs tweaking.
Old 31st January 2012, 12:30   #1072
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the repair work under the bridge? Actually, its on the median that repair work is being carried out. The dividers are being removed. Is it going to be the same old route again? People from HJW wanting to go to Baner/Kothrud, take the road underbridge?
Old 31st January 2012, 12:35   #1073
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
its on the median that repair work is being carried out. The dividers are being removed.
Is it ? Then to tell you the truth, it leaves no incentive for anyone to take the Mezza9 route. Including buses. Congestion on the bridge will be curbed too.
But it is so selfish of HJW to make the traffic , both to and from Mumbai, to wait for us on the highway!
Besides, with the dividers in place, the current signals are pointless. Except for pedestrians, but then they dart across any time they see fit.
Old 31st January 2012, 17:24   #1074
Senior - BHPian

Guys, I havent met any of you in HJW, hence is it possible for us to have lunch together someday?
Old 31st January 2012, 18:10   #1075
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Guys, I havent met any of you in HJW, hence is it possible for us to have lunch together someday?
Lunch, I am not sure is possible considering the different work requirements. But we can surely meet up for a cup of tea with the rest of the gang. PM me or swanand your number. We keep meeting up once in a while.
Old 1st February 2012, 09:10   #1076
BHPian

<Rant>
Why can't HJW companies follow a "public cloud model" for transportation? Imagine a group formed just for HJW commute irrespective of a particular company with very high frequency or as per technology jargon "as per demand". This will ensure optimum utilization of buses, resulting in less chaos especially during peak hours.
</Rant>
Old 1st February 2012, 10:37   #1077
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
<Rant>
Why can't HJW companies follow a "public cloud model" for transportation? Imagine a group formed just for HJW commute irrespective of a particular company with very high frequency or as per technology jargon "as per demand". This will ensure optimum utilization of buses, resulting in less chaos especially during peak hours.
</Rant>
You mean to say like a private sector PMT model , but just for Hinjewadi ?
Common buses for various companies on many routes ?
Instead of giving contracts to bus operators for individual companies, they should auction off time slots instead ? Eg : XYZ operator gets the contract to run his bus services from Baner to PH2 from 8 am to 10 am ? Halts at all major stops enroute ?
Old 1st February 2012, 10:43   #1078
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
You mean to say like a private sector PMT model , but just for Hinjewadi ?
Common buses for various companies on many routes ?
Instead of giving contracts to bus operators for individual companies, they should auction off time slots instead ? Eg : XYZ operator gets the contract to run his bus services from Baner to PH2 from 8 am to 10 am ? Halts at all major stops enroute ?
Yes. Will
a) Ensure proper utilization of fuel, bus services
b) HJWians (I too hate the word) are the customers, maybe a governing council of sorts can be proposed
c) Bus conditions, safety, timing, destinations can be modeled
I will be the first ones to let go of my car and use the bus services.

The contract can be for a fixed term, though I doubt anything ever will happen

btw sochne mein kya jaata hai, today was one of those mornings when I was thinking and driving
Old 1st February 2012, 11:10   #1079
BHPian

^^^ This has been discussed by HIA with Pune authorities and it is not possible. Private buses can run only with contract with specific companies and not as stage carriers catering to multiple destinations.
Old 1st February 2012, 12:08   #1080
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
^^^ This has been discussed by HIA with Pune authorities and it is not possible. Private buses can run only with contract with specific companies and not as stage carriers catering to multiple destinations.
Then it may be better for these companies to hire out PMT buses and get them to ply to multiple destinations. Get rid of the 1:1 situation with private operators. I have seen some schools having this arrangement.
Of course it is another matter that some may not opt for the public transport once they hear PMT. Or whatever it is called now.

Most Viewed