Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 14th February 2012, 12:46   #1141
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Yesterday morning my car got rear ended by a biker which caused big dent on bumper and also a small dent on car body. This happened at most unlikely place of Hinjewadi main road where average speed is 10 KM/h.

I don't know how that biker managed to do that in full traffic jam. Fortunately biker was safe.
Old 14th February 2012, 12:52   #1142
Senior - BHPian

Radek, sad to hear that man. regardless of the speeds, sometimes such things do happen. Well, in Hinjewadi they happen more than often.

How bad is the damage? If the paint hasnt been chipped, it can be repaired very easily, and at a cheaper cost.

Here's the link to the thread. A few of my posts show the job carried out on my Laura too.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 14th February 2012 at 12:54. Reason: Adding link
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 15th February 2012, 10:32   #1143
BHPian

but you guys would know this best
was on a trip from Mumbai to Pune this last weekend & was looking forward to filling my favourite fuel - Shell at the Hinjewadi pump, but it was closed & yes it was a Sunday. Is this Shell pump closed on Sundays or are all Shell pumps closed on Sundays?
Old 15th February 2012, 11:26   #1144
BHPian

AvinashV - though I am not a Shell user, I have seen that pump in Hinjewadi phase1 closed at least couple of times on Sunday morning.

I had seen the one on the highway (bangalore bypass) open on Sunday evening once.
Old 15th February 2012, 11:35   #1145
Senior - BHPian

Shell pump in HJW is closed in Sundays. A while ago, they had a board up saying -"Now open on Sundays also", but that apparently is not the case anymore.

With another Shell quite nearby, its understandable that this one keeps shop closed on Sunday's when there's hardly any traffic in HJW.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:14   #1146
BHPian

Today morning was super cool. After casting my vote at 8:30am, reached Phase 2 by 8:45am, I guess Pune techies have decided to vote finally

Yesterday left office at 4pm, had to go to Kothrud, took Orange route (mezza9), it was horrible, full of trucks doing F1 race, massive jam at Bhumkar chowk, reached bypass by 5pm . Looks like an everyday affair. I suppose if you are leaving HJW before 5:30pm, better to take Wakad bridge route.
Old 16th February 2012, 09:24   #1147
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
like an everyday affair. I suppose if you are leaving HJW before 5:30pm, better to take Wakad bridge route.
You are right Rahul. Generally I leave office by 5 pm and take the bridge.
It takes maximum of 13 minutes to reach the bypass from phase 2.
Old 16th February 2012, 10:02   #1148
Distinguished - BHPian

Traffic update: nil traffic in KP, Viman Nagar, Vishwrantwadi, Khadki, Aundh and Wakad.

Medium traffic on Hbridge (9.45 a.m.).

Absolutely no traffic till HChowk(9.50 a.m.).

Reaching office in record time(10.00 a.m.).

I love voting days!

P.s. I am not driving!

Last edited by ninjatalli : 16th February 2012 at 10:22. Reason: Added the time references
Old 16th February 2012, 11:27   #1149
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Yesterday left office at 4pm, had to go to Kothrud, took Orange route (mezza9), it was horrible, full of trucks doing F1 race, massive jam at Bhumkar chowk, reached bypass by 5pm . Looks like an everyday affair. I suppose if you are leaving HJW before 5:30pm, better to take Wakad bridge route.
Yeah the orange route has gone to hell now. There is a whole lot fo heavy traffic that uses this route to get to the bypass instead of taking the straight route to the Wakad flyover now. I took the Mezza9 route yesterday around 6:30 pm and it was smooth sailing but at the point where it merges with the orange route (about 500m from the underpass) the traffic was completely stuck and not moving at all thanks to the heavy traffic coming from Phase 1. So a couple os us "smarties" took the left lane meant for vehicles turning left onto the bypass towards Mumbai and then squeezed back in just before the underpass. Since a cop was waving us through I suppose this is one of thoe quasi-legal routes now
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 11:54   #1150
BHPian

The orange route is best during the morning commute - empty, nice surface and fast!

I have been using the Wakad bridge route for the return commute with the 'stick to left' approach and it is significantly faster than the Mezza9/Orange route. Merger of this route near the underpass is hell with wrong side drivers adding to misery.
Old 16th February 2012, 12:09   #1151
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
The orange route is best during the morning commute - empty, nice surface and fast!

I have been using the Wakad bridge route for the return commute with the 'stick to left' approach and it is significantly faster than the Mezza9/Orange route. Merger of this route near the underpass is hell with wrong side drivers adding to misery.
You stole my words or did you?

Orange route is no non sense in the mornings. And wakad flyover the best for evenings and for all those who work from Phase 3, Nanded-Sus route is THE BEST. Its completely re laid with ALL the pot holes covered. I reached sus road in 15 minutes yesterday!
anilisanil is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 16th February 2012, 12:15   #1152
BHPian

^^^ Great Minds think alike, eh?

Adding 5-7 minutes to reach phase 3, Nande route looks tempting. Will give it a shot this evening. The only time I used that route (with RahulSinha and amitwlele), it was a testing time for the suspension - not that it was a cause for concern on the Xylo .
Old 16th February 2012, 12:28   #1153
Senior - BHPian

Made the mistake of arrving late to office today! The road from the left turn till Mezza was choc a block. All had decided to come in late (including the company busses) and the queue was apparent. Got stuck for no reasons.
Old 16th February 2012, 13:20   #1154
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
Made the mistake of arrving late to office today! The road from the left turn till Mezza was choc a block. All had decided to come in late (including the company busses) and the queue was apparent. Got stuck for no reasons.
Our organisation had sent out a mailer describing delayed intimes for all company transport. Perhaps you missed seeing this or didnt note the times?
If my memory serves me right, the out times are the same as usual, so evening time jams will be conducted during normal times. No delays there

Last edited by selfdrive : 16th February 2012 at 13:21.
Old 16th February 2012, 13:29   #1155
BHPian

Quote:
Its completely re laid with ALL the pot holes covered. I reached sus road in 15 minutes yesterday!
This is indeed good news and gives a decent alternative route.
Do you mean no potholes at all ? This is hard to believe given the history of our corporations constructing roads with bad quality.
Do I need to take this with a pinch of salt ?

Last edited by noopster : 16th February 2012 at 14:18. Reason: Fixed quote tags

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks