Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:10   #1276
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

^^^ Looks like I lucked out! The left was allowed till at least 8:30 this morning. The MyCar exit and onward routes were not congested at that point in time.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:30   #1277
Senior - BHPian

I came in around 9:40ish and the left turn (regular one) was open again.
It could be that were laying those new barriers down, instead of the iron ones.
Old 3rd May 2012, 10:39   #1278
BHPian

The barriers were already they even before 8:30 AM, but today there was a jam right from the HP Petrol bunk and took almost 15-20 minutes to reach the chowk may be they stopped traffic coming in to ensure the jam was cleared.
Old 3rd May 2012, 11:26   #1279
Senior - BHPian

Been to Hinjewadi on 1st May, a holiday. Cops stopped me and started checking something by putting a meter kind of thing to my car's half opened window. Later realized that it is to check the transparency. The film I used is legal and the Opacity is less than 50 so I was let off.

Looks like an on field training.
anilisanil is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:23   #1280
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by anilisanil View Post
Been to Hinjewadi on 1st May, a holiday. Cops stopped me and started checking something by putting a meter kind of thing to my car's half opened window. Later realized that it is to check the transparency. The film I used is legal and the Opacity is less than 50 so I was let off.

Looks like an on field training.
Wow, thats news for me, atleast for Pune. I got 50% VLT on the sides , and its embossed so on the glass too.

PS : Will they also dare to stop the opaque-glassed "चांगभले" cars of HJW ? Or only the soft targets of IT folks ?
Old 3rd May 2012, 12:54   #1281
Senior - BHPian

I have not seen anyone checking anything in town yet for the sunfilm transparency. Heck, its Thursday today and some signals are not working and its a free for all at such places. Let them tackle this part before they start looking at transparency.

Are there any signals in HJW and do they work on Thursdays? Oh let me start with, do they work ever?

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
PS : Will they also dare to stop the opaque-glassed "चांगभले" cars of HJW ? Or only the soft targets of IT folks ?
ha ha, what do you think? I expect it to be any vehicle without those stickers as long as it is not a white Swift/ Scorpio. For this category, 0% visibility with reflective sunfilm will be allowed. Unless its a toll naka

I am saving up to buy a set of white clothes/ shoes, rayban aviators and a few thick gold chains (all fake obviously!)
The hairstyle is in place already.

Last edited by selfdrive : 3rd May 2012 at 12:55.
Old 4th May 2012, 12:58   #1282
Senior - BHPian

No real traffic issues reported here for a long time. So have they ceased to exist or have you guys learnt to live with them?
Whatever happened to all the interesting pics that were put up here?

Last edited by GTO : 7th May 2012 at 12:16. Reason: Removing off-topic bits
Old 4th May 2012, 15:27   #1283
Senior - BHPian

The thing is, one only cribs of certain things only for a certain while. Post that, it becomes a part of your routine. i suppose, thats the case with most of us.

Checking the transperancy of tints seems to be a new thing. Anil, this is the first time I heard about it, at least in Pune. What do they do for those that have dark tints on cars? Fine them, or ask them to get rid of these tints?
Old 4th May 2012, 15:43   #1284
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
The thing is, one only cribs of certain things only for a certain while. Post that, it becomes a part of your routine. i suppose, thats the case with most of us.
True Swanand, just that some of us have the capability to keep cribbing louder and for longer. You should be happy the 'some of us' arent in HJW!

Even I am curious to know the answer to your sunfilm question. Anyone whom we can confirm this from? How about the Pune Traffic police FB page, if it still works?
Old 4th May 2012, 16:18   #1285
Senior - BHPian

PTP FB would be a great place to post the question. Hopefully, the answer wouldnt be - "Your query has been forwarded to Hinjewadi Traffic department. Please get in touch with API Nale, of the traffic branch" . .

Is this the case in other cities too?
Old 5th May 2012, 09:41   #1286
BHPian

Are you guys following the ban on sun film and its immediate enforcement? Just wanted to know how things are here in HJW. I have expensive VKool (which was the. Perfectly legal) installed and don't want to risk it!
Old 7th May 2012, 17:07   #1287
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by vinod332002 View Post
Are you guys following the ban on sun film and its immediate enforcement? Just wanted to know how things are here in HJW. I have expensive VKool (which was the. Perfectly legal) installed and don't want to risk it!
Read today in the TOI; 544 vehicle owners fined in the last six days, in a drive against vehicles with tinted film exceeding the permissible limits. The police have collected fine worth Rs 60,000 from vehicle owners. Use of dark or black glasses in not permitted as per law. Rule 100 of the Central Motor Vehicles Rules, 1989, states that the glass of the windscreen and rear window of motor vehicles should have a visibility of at least 70% and that of the side window, a minimum of 50%.

The drive was conducted at various spots in the city located in the jurisdictions of Sahakarnagar, Swargate, Khadak, Kothurd, Deccan Gymkhana, Sangvi, Yerawada, Vishratnwadi and Koregaon Park police stations. The police are also checking vehicles plying on highways, which pass through the city limits.

The traffic branch has six tintometers to estimate the intensity of black films used in the cars by comparing it with the permissible limit.
The tintometers were presented to the traffic branch by the Shrimant Dagadusheth Halwai Ganpati trust.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:19   #1288
BHPian

The orange route is undergoing yet another layer of resurfacing. The lone electricity pole in the center near the marriage halls is also relocated. It's a pity that the stretch post the nullah to Shivaji chk is still bad. Just a single layer on that stretch will work wonders. The nullah also seems to be getting redone with road widening at that point.

Once done this would be the best road leading into HJW. Lack of commercial establishments along this stretch gives the maximum road for people to drive on.
Old 8th May 2012, 09:31   #1289
BHPian

Under fire from all political parties for not contributing enough for the city’s development, the IT companies are now joining hands with the authorities to improve the state of affairs in Pune.To smoothen the traffic movement in the Hinjewadi IT areas, the Hinjewadi Industries Association (HIA) has decided to provide over 150 traffic barricades and ten trained traffic wardens to the city traffic police in regulating and channelling the high-density traffic flow in Hinjewadi area during the peak hours.
The traffic barricades provided by the HIA will be used to create an additional lane for vehicular movement towards Shivaji Chowk from Wakad flyover during the morning peak hours. The Wakad flyover would also be made one-way during peak hours for the traffic from city to Hinjewadi.
HIA president Mritunjay Singh said, “The trained ten traffic wardens will be given to the city traffic police to maintain the vehicular movements in the area. We are also providing good quality barricades to the Hinjewadi traffic police.”
Deputy commissioner of police (traffic) Vishwas Pandhare said, “The wardens will be trained under our guidance so that they can understand the exact functioning of the traffic cops. Manpower is a big issue for the traffic department. Hence, the ten wardens will definitely give a relief to us while maintaining traffic in the Hinjewadi area,”
The HIA had several meetings with deputy chief minister Ajit Pawar and MP Supriya Sule over the traffic congestion issue in the Hinjewadi industrial areas. Pandhare said, “Pawar and Sule had given instructions to the Pimpri Chinchwad Municipal Corporation (PCMC) officials about the traffic infrastructure in the recent past.”

Source: IT companies log on better traffic - www.daily.bhaskar.com
Old 8th May 2012, 09:49   #1290
Senior - BHPian

Saw an awesome scene today.
As you know, some dunderheads create an extra lane even on the "wrong" side, completely blocking the oncoming traffic at times , as the road nears Shivaji chowk.
Most people merrily drove/rode, going wronger and wronger, sometimes creating more than 2 lanes in the path of oncoming traffic. Until they came near the Shell bunk, wherein our Tiger Cop was lying in wait.
The way he charged at people with his baton/danda raised was a sight to behold.

On another note : Traffic situation near Hinjewadi improves - The Times of India

I give it max 6 months for the extra lane to be not able to keep up with growing number of vehicles and commuters in this part.

Most Viewed