Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 21st June 2012, 10:18   #1411
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I think we should definitely make this practice more regular.

In case buses are breaking the rules, we need to click pictures of them and post it here. I am sure there will be someone in nearly every company on this forum.

As it is traffic comes to a standstill often so I dont think it would be that difficult to 'name and shame' the culprits. This can be our little contribution to improving the traffic situation, as normally we're all just whinging out here without any action
PuntoMania is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 14:05   #1412
Senior - BHPian

Hurrycane, good on ya for doing this!
Hope the same can be extended to other companies as well. Im sure we would spot some such buses of various other companies.
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 21st June 2012, 15:37   #1413
BHPian

So the buses can be dealt with, any suggestion how to deal with the cab drivers from companies? Should find some means to report them too.

And then their are those employees too and then only the arrogant 6 seaterwalas are left to be dealt with !
Old 21st June 2012, 17:06   #1414
BHPian

The best thing is to click the Buses with the Logos of the companies as PuntoMania has done. No company would want bad publicity at any cost. I can help by sending this out to most of the companies in HJW.

Cab's can also be dealt in the same way they only issue I see is we cannot identify the organisations they belong too. Let's check how we can get codes they have for the cabs they use.

One more thought I had was to ensure that the extra lane opened in the mornings do not ply Auto-rickshaws and 6 seater's as they move too slow, the fast lane meant for easing up traffic only creates a new traffic jam on the other side and this ensures opening or another illegal lane.
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:05   #1415
BHPian

Anyone saw a Firang shooting the traffic, just after hinjewadi chowk towards Phase 2?
So are they making a documentry on the traffic at Hinjewadi?
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:32   #1416
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Rastapopoulos View Post
Anyone saw a Firang shooting the traffic, just after hinjewadi chowk towards Phase 2?
So are they making a documentry on the traffic at Hinjewadi?

So thats what the jam was for ?

It was so heavily packed on the road towards Mezza9 that they had stopped letting any traffic through there after Shivaji Chowk. Everything was being diverted through Infy/Wipro Phase-1 route.

A few months back an engg college friend met up with me in HJW. He works in Bangalore, and he had some interesting comments to pass about Hinjewadi "Gaothaan" development , compared to Bangy.
My retort : Atleast we have recreated the traffic scenario here!
Old 22nd June 2012, 09:38   #1417
Distinguished - BHPian

I have discovered a foolproof way to beat HJW traffic jams.

Changed my work timing completely. Leave at 7:15 am from home and return around 5:30 pm. Conf calls etc. to be taken from home if needed.

Do you know the average time from Sus Road to Hinjewadi Phase 2 at 7:15 am?

15 mins
Old 22nd June 2012, 10:40   #1418
BHPian

Agreed! It's not bad if one manages to exit the highway at 8:00 am which is what I've been doing these days. Another 10-15 mins and I am parking my car inside.
Old 22nd June 2012, 11:16   #1419
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

Changed my work timing completely. Leave at 7:15 am from home and return around 5:30 pm. Conf calls etc. to be taken from home if needed.

15 mins
Even I have changed my timings for the past 3 week and find a lot of difference in travel time. Baner-Pashan Link Road to HJW PH1 I take about 20-25 minutes in the morning and evening. I leave home at 8 AM and in the evening at 5:30 pm.

======================

UPDATE on the bus on the wrong side of the road: The Vendor is following the laid norms and policies for drivers and any driver breaking the rules shall be treated as the violation of the laid norms / policies and his duties shall be called off. Driver is terminated as of yesterday.

Last edited by Hurrycane12 : 22nd June 2012 at 11:24.
Hurrycane12 is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 22nd June 2012, 14:41   #1420
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Hurrycane12 View Post
UPDATE on the bus on the wrong side of the road: The Vendor is following the laid norms and policies for drivers and any driver breaking the rules shall be treated as the violation of the laid norms / policies and his duties shall be called off. Driver is terminated as of yesterday.
Although this is quite a strong action taken by the vendor, in hindsight I think the only way to curb the rising incidences of traffic violations is harsh action.

The driver of the bus was unfortunate to be one of the unlucky ones to be made an example out of, but I think this will really put the rest of the Wipro bus drivers on high alert, atleast for some time.

Lets hope the driver does find another job, quickly, and this time he wont break any traffic rules.

Now, as far as Wipro is concerned, its easy to identify their buses because of their generous branding, what about buses from the other IT companies ? Do we have a solution for this yet ? I think there are some vendors that provide services for more than one company.

How about we compile a list of vendors and what all companies they operate for. So that we can atleast narrow down the list of companies that may be using the service ?

I am very encouraged by the swift action taken by the Wipro transport committee and vendor, and not to mention Hurrycane on this. Its appreciable.

We T-Bhpians must put our hand up and identify any more traffic violations and follow up with our companies. Be the change !
Old 24th June 2012, 19:05   #1421
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post

15 mins
Thats the best way to beat it -I have been doing that for almost last 2 years , just that I travel back at 4:30PM and then continue from home with the concalls and work etc.

Nowadays I work for home for atleast 2 days per week

Last edited by RemingtonSteele : 24th June 2012 at 19:07.
Old 26th June 2012, 20:33   #1422
BHPian

Hopeless traffic in Phase 1 at this hour !
Old 29th June 2012, 18:32   #1423
BHPian

Terrible block in hinjewadi. Especially at mindtree junction. Please avoid. Queues extending from junction till wipro phase 2 circle

Last edited by dmplog : 29th June 2012 at 18:34.
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:00   #1424
BHPian

Guys, had gone to Girivan for the weekend. Went via Chandani Chowk-Paud-Girivan route. While coming back, took Girivan-Paud-Chande-Nande-Sus Road-Balewadi route.

Man, the village roads have been widened and tar quality is great too. Not sure about the quality of Phase3 to Chande village, but from thereon, it is mind-blowing - better than any other road in Hinjewadi. Cruised (pun intended) at 100kph at times. Dont think its going to be ruined by even heavy rains.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:53   #1425
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Man, the village roads have been widened and tar quality is great too. Not sure about the quality of Phase3 to Chande village, but from thereon, it is mind-blowing - better than any other road in Hinjewadi.
Thanks Rahul. That is great to read. Even if the road from Phase 3 to Chande is not good that would be a short stretch in the overall distance. I should give it a try at the earliest.

By the way did you go to the Girivan Resort? How is the place and what are the packages available? Good for a one day visit?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks