Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 2nd July 2012, 10:58   #1426
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Thanks Rahul. That is great to read. Even if the road from Phase 3 to Chande is not good that would be a short stretch in the overall distance. I should give it a try at the earliest.

By the way did you go to the Girivan Resort? How is the place and what are the packages available? Good for a one day visit?

We stayed at Kasturi Cottage (Kasturi Cottage - Girivan - Mulshi) , half km from Girivan picnic spot. Charges ~ Rs 4500 per day.
Though we thoroughly enjoyed the pristine surroundings, would suggest to wait for a month for good amount of rainfall then the area will be transformed and peppered with a lot of waterfalls.
rahul_sinha is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd July 2012, 12:38   #1427
BHPian

Last week I tried Pashan - Sus - Chande - Phase 3 route and except for 2 kms all roads are in tip top condition. Planning to use this road in peak hours. I work from 11:30 to 9:00, hence stick to main road. For people working in Phase 3 its a great option.
Old 4th July 2012, 16:01   #1428
BBT
BHPian

Roads into Hinjewadi were jammed as usual at around 9 am and I managed to click photographs of a tempo traveller (MH 14 CW 1404) that was overspeeding (that too in chocablock traffic) and cut across in front of me in order to get to the other side of the road into oncoming traffic. He didnt have any company name although there was a numbered sticker on the back. If anyone knows which company this might belong to, these photos can help in asking them to discipline their drivers. Looking at the blatant disregard that people have for others' (and their own) safety is really frustrating.
Attached Images

Old 5th July 2012, 12:02   #1429
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by BBT View Post
Roads into Hinjewadi were jammed as usual at around 9 am and I managed to click photographs of a tempo traveller (MH 14 CW 1404) that was overspeeding (that too in chocablock traffic) and cut across in front of me in order to get to the other side of the road into oncoming traffic. He didnt have any company name although there was a numbered sticker on the back. If anyone knows which company this might belong to, these photos can help in asking them to discipline their drivers. Looking at the blatant disregard that people have for others' (and their own) safety is really frustrating.

I agree I too witnessed a couple of tempo travellers (which were behind each other and obviously of the same company) after office who were bullying their way.

They were overtaking and changing lanes without regard to the drivers who were following lanes.
Old 6th July 2012, 08:11   #1430
Distinguished - BHPian

The only green patch on the Hinjewadi route was just before Soundarya restaurant - on the left side. And now those are also being cut! Anyone have any idea why this is being done. I don't believe it is for "better" traffic - those trees never obstructed or caused any problems.
Old 6th July 2012, 08:15   #1431
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post

The only green patch on the Hinjewadi route was just before Soundarya restaurant - on the left side. And now those are also being cut! Anyone have any idea why this is being done. I don't believe it is for "better" traffic - those trees never obstructed or caused any problems.
Much needed road widening work seems to be happening at the stretch from Indian Oil Petrol Pump. Unfortunately as ususal at the expense of trees.
Old 6th July 2012, 08:22   #1432
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by amitwlele View Post
Much needed road widening work seems to be happening at the stretch from Indian Oil Petrol Pump. Unfortunately as ususal at the expense of trees.
And for that they have ample space on the other side - in front of the Naturals ice-cream shop and the adjacent housing complex. And right next to these trees is a bungalow with it's parking space. I don't think that is the case - however only time will tell. But I'm going to rue those trees for sure - what we need is them lined up on the entire stretch.
Old 6th July 2012, 10:47   #1433
Senior - BHPian

Aah the green cover.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-greencoverjul08.jpg

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-greencover.jpg

Apologies for the same camera used in 2008 and even today. I really do want a better phone.
sajo is offline   (7) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 10:48   #1434
Senior - BHPian

Ever notice the stark contrast in scenery between Ph1/2 and Ph3?
Ph3 is so well planned. So well executed. Broad roads, huge roundabouts and abundant greenary.
Agreed, this phase was developed at a much later stage, compared to Ph1, but still, its good to see such a sight, in an otherwise concrete Hinjewadi.

EDIT: Ojas, that really is a stark contrast between then and now! We do need to stop random construction. The 1st pic is sooo good to look at!

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 6th July 2012 at 10:49. Reason: Added text
Swanand Inamdar is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 11:07   #1435
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
We do need to stop random construction. The 1st pic is sooo good to look at!
That, unfortunately , cannot be done, thanks to the white Scorpio chaps who rule HJW and this side in general.
The road building is happening purely to facilitate construction rates along that area.
Old 6th July 2012, 11:38   #1436
BHPian

Absolutely right Ojas. I visited ---- I had enough time on Saturday morning - for one of the recent housing project in HJW. The rate quoted was 4k per sqft.

My first "outing" to HJW was in Nov2008 and I now think why I chose to work here when I was much better off in the city office.

Edit : Just saw so called "educated" IT-wallahs driving from the wrong side near Wipro circle - from Yes Bank till the circle. And till now I was only cursing the six seaters for not following common-sense and traffic rules. Our own colleagues are no better than them. What to say...

Last edited by advaitlele : 6th July 2012 at 11:40.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:12   #1437
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by advaitlele View Post
Absolutely right Ojas. I visited ---- I had enough time on Saturday morning - for one of the recent housing project in HJW. The rate quoted was 4k per sqft.
Most of the buildings you see in the pic above, however, are selling for anywhere between 20-22L per flat. Why ? Because they are still not N.A. (non-agricultural) lands. The farmers simply put up a building where their couple of gunthas farms used to be , and sell it dirt cheap , in the region of Rs.1800-1900 psf. Get a few gullible buyers/their landed kin buy them up under full blessings of the rulers, and thus are born the guntha mantris.
Old 6th July 2012, 12:28   #1438
BHPian

But if it's agriculture land, how are they allowed to put up structures on that? I read sometime last year, that agri-land is not for such constructions and some "authority" would take stern actions for such dealings in Gram Panchayat areas.
We very well know looking at such 20L flats what actions have been taken. <sic>

Are buyers not responsible to be "gullible" and get entrapped? Should they not check where they are putting their hard earned money?

Coming back to the topic
Why are the so-called educated, learned, earning 5 or 6 figure salary permonth people driving 5lakh cars, not able to drive according to rules? Are they also doing the same when they are onsite? Pathetic. I sometimes think of driving right in front of them if I see them coming on me.
Old 6th July 2012, 13:37   #1439
BHPian

Yesterday I used the Sus Road -> Nande -> Chande -> Megapolis -> Hinjewadi Phase 2 route, just for old time sake (I used this route for regular commute for a year in 2010)

1. Sus Road -> Sus Gaon -> Symbiosis Junction: Road is in excellent condition, looks freshly laid with the white markings. Rated 5/5
2. Symbiosis Junction -> Nande Village: Single vehicle road, but the first kilometer, road side area has been levelled, the next kilometer till Nande is narrow and with shrubs and trees on the side you have to be careful as while you go down the road to let vehicle pass, you may accidentally scratch the car side. Rated 3/5
3. Nande Village -> Chande Village -> Tjunction where you take right: Again excellent road, freshly laid. Rated 4/5
4. Tjunction (where you take right) -> Tjunction (where you take left): Worst part of the route, potholes galore and some stretch is very narrow with protruding trees / shrubs. Rated 2/5
5. Tjunction (where you take left) -> all the way to Hinjewadi P2: Excellent roads, no issues at all

Observations:
1. I saw a lot of cars definitely from Hinjewadi using the route, 50-50 mix of personal vehicles and taxis.
2. Road is much better than what I used earlier
3. Roads in Point 4 above is the only worry area, not only road is bad, traffic sense is also lower. No such issue in rest of the route
4. Will I recommend? If you have road rage and want to avoid Hinjewadi traffic at any cost then this is a refreshing route. Takes same time or a bit longer but you arrive with a peace of mind. Not recommended for low GC cars.
Meer is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 6th July 2012, 15:07   #1440
Senior - BHPian

Ive been using the above mentioned route for more than 2 weeks now.
Yes, the only problem as such is the road in Point 4 above. But then again, not that shall deter you from taking it.
My Laura does that bad patch easily. Cars with higher GC can cruise over that patch.

The abovementioned route has reduced my commuting time from 1.5 hrs (one way) to half an hr (one way).

EDIT: One extra bonus of taking that route? Lovely sceneray. The monsoon has made the entrie area relatively green and makes a wonderful sight to drive along.

Last edited by Swanand Inamdar : 6th July 2012 at 15:09. Reason: Added text

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks