Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 7th September 2012, 11:12   #1501
Distinguished - BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Quote:
Originally Posted by rahul_sinha View Post
Any ideas guys, how to ward this off? And unfortunately, I cannot start before 5:45pm.
My plans:
1. Put up new songs in ipod - esp some meaningless jhankar-beats songs
2. Listen to vividh bharti
3. Get a novel's audio CD from British Library.

Any other?
4. Take some time off, work from home, and put up that Ladakh thread!

Edit: A thread on my office public forum talks about discussing with the admin to get the buses to take the Mangaon - Nande-Chande - Sus road - Pune city route. Not that it might see any immediate light, considering the speed at which the admin change their routes, but it is a clear indication that these "altenate" routes are getting popular.

Last edited by ninjatalli : 7th September 2012 at 11:17.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:22   #1502
Senior - BHPian

That, alternate route has got quite popular already. A lot of people have started taking that route as a means of daily commute.
While most drive, taking into consideration the rules of driving on village routes, one always find a moron who thinks its his forefathers road.

So, main route or alternate, morons remain to give you company.
Old 7th September 2012, 11:49   #1503
BHPian

I've taken this route in the past and twice in this week already and the traffic has gone up significantly. However it is still moving traffic and has taken me just 30 mins from Ph2 to NH4 at Pashan -Sus road.

Point to note is that there are stretches where overtaking is outright dangerous. Best thing is to drive on road center and overtake when the road widens.
Old 7th September 2012, 17:04   #1504
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
<Fullto rant>

My plans:
1. Put up new songs in ipod - esp some meaningless jhankar-beats songs
2. Listen to vividh bharti
3. Get a novel's audio CD from British Library.

Any other?
Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
4. Take some time off, work from home, and put up that Ladakh thread!
5. Change the company and move to some other place outside Hinjewadi?
Old 10th September 2012, 11:11   #1505
Distinguished - BHPian

This was posted on my company discussion forum; I'm assuming the link would have been shared with other organizations too. Not sure if there is any active link/website online that has a similar motive/purpose, sharing this in case if it is helpful to others.

Website Link : http://togetherwesave.in/

Original Post on Discussion forum :
Quote:
Dear All,

My friend has designed a Carpool application specifically for Hinjewadi with below features, please use the site and check if it makes it easier for you to find Carpool match.

Post a Ride : Vehicle Owners can post the available Dynamic Carpool ride through website or through SMS.

Book a Ride : Ride Seekers may search available rides by providing search criteria like Source, Destination, Time and can book a seat in the available ride.

SMS To all the participants : Application will send SMS to all the participants in the Carpool Group with Name, Mobile Number, Commute Time and Car Number.

Posting ride through SMS : Users may inform the system for their Carpool requirement through SMS also. System will form the Carpool group using criteria like Source, Destination, Gender, Past Travel History and will inform all the participants through SMS one hour before traveling time.

Please visit http://togetherwesave.in/ for more information. Let me know your Feedback/Suggestions/Queries.

Thanks

P.s. It goes without saying, I have no linkage with the owner or any commercial interests.
Old 10th September 2012, 16:49   #1506
Senior - BHPian

^ Had forwarded that link to a few friends and know of a couple that have already registered.
The good thing about that car pool is, its dynamic. Thus giving the car owner and the car pooler the flexibility to choose on given dates and not an everyday occurance.
Old 10th September 2012, 16:56   #1507
Senior - BHPian

^^SI; we need to have a tbhp identifier too. where have you been?

Quote:
Any other?
put up Ladakh wallpapers on your car windows. You wouldnt mind the bad roads then?
Old 10th September 2012, 18:18   #1508
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ninjatalli View Post
Edit: A thread on my office public forum talks about discussing with the admin to get the buses to take the Mangaon - Nande-Chande - Sus road - Pune city route. Not that it might see any immediate light, considering the speed at which the admin change their routes, but it is a clear indication that these "altenate" routes are getting popular.
Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
That, alternate route has got quite popular already. A lot of people have started taking that route as a means of daily commute.
While most drive, taking into consideration the rules of driving on village routes, one always find a moron who thinks its his forefathers road.

So, main route or alternate, morons remain to give you company.
Quote:
Originally Posted by mmxylorider View Post
I've taken this route in the past and twice in this week already and the traffic has gone up significantly. However it is still moving traffic and has taken me just 30 mins from Ph2 to NH4 at Pashan -Sus road.
Funny incident!
Most probably some Ad agency was trying to shoot DUSTER in surroundings of Phase 3. They were having Black top end duster with TN-19 passing permanent plate. It was group of 6-7 people. I've observed them for good 1 hour but serioulsly they just kept arguing in themselves about one point:

why this location?
Finally they took one shot of vehilcle in motion and there comes killer dialog:

It's 5:15 already and we should have left by now to avoid HJW traffic as per traffic guidelines (from tapriwala)

I thought to share alternate route with them, but then left as they looked so horrified with trafic tales of tapriwala near by.
Old 10th September 2012, 19:53   #1509
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by zalaps View Post
I thought to share alternate route with them, but then left as they looked so horrified with trafic tales of tapriwala near by.
you should have sent them offroading in some direction. we would have at least found out the Duster's true capabilities

I thought you were out of HJW, no?

Last edited by selfdrive : 10th September 2012 at 19:55.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:40   #1510
Senior - BHPian

Whats with the cops closing the extra lane ?

I admit I came in late yesterday, but the amount of traffic was simply humongous. First gear crawl all the way from Bridge to Ph1. Found that the cops had closed off the extra lane, but attributed to me being later than usual.

However, even today, the cops had closed off the lane near Marriott , and were asking them to merge with the regular traffic flow on the "correct" side of the road.

EDIT : I havent taken the Ph-1->Main Road->Right turn under the flyover route for many days in the evenings. How is the traffic these days, between 6.30 and 8 pm ?

Last edited by sajo : 11th September 2012 at 10:42.
Old 11th September 2012, 10:57   #1511
Senior - BHPian

Have been taking the Pashan - Chande Village - Phase 3 route while coming to office as well for the last couple of days.

With the Ganpati festival approaching the donation collectors with receipt books were trying to collect money near Chande Village. There was a group of 4-5 boys on the road near Chande Village stopping cars and asking for money. They stopped me as well and knocked on the window. Asked me where i was going? I simply pointed my finger in the general direction of Hinjewadi. Before they could ask for the donation started moving very slowly. Surprisingly there was no resistance and i could drive off.
Old 11th September 2012, 13:06   #1512
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
you should have sent them offroading in some direction. we would have at least found out the Duster's true capabilities

I thought you were out of HJW, no?
I think they came in phase 3 with some shot in mind. But some how they were not convinced with what they got .

P.S: 18th will be Last day in HJW. Hurray! I hope when I'll return in future conditions will be in good shape!
Old 11th September 2012, 14:26   #1513
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by selfdrive View Post
^^SI; we need to have a tbhp identifier too. where have you been?
That we surely do.

I have been sent on deputation to the land of horrendous traffic; yes, Bengaluru!!!
Have been here only 2 days, and have sworn- never ever will I crib on traffic scene being bad in Pune. You need to be here to experiance real traffic.

HJW is nowehere close to Bangalore city, where traffic is concerned.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:35   #1514
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Swanand Inamdar View Post
HJW is nowehere close to Bangalore city, where traffic is concerned.
So you are implying that all that cribbing by Hinjewadikars is because of the Frog-in-the-well (Kue ka mendak) syndrome that we suffer from ?

Quote:
Most probably some Ad agency was trying to shoot DUSTER in surroundings of Phase 3.
IMHO, HJW is quite dusty and not quite as refined a location for shooting ads as Magarpatta.
Old 11th September 2012, 14:49   #1515
Senior - BHPian

^ LOL!! No, I aint implying that. Its just that, we have it sorted out much better, than our Bangalore brothers.
That, has just been my observation as a pedestrian. Didnt even bother getting my car here!

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks