Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 11th March 2015, 20:32   #1786
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

Is it just me or are any of you guys also irritated by the number of "speed breakers" that have come up on the road between Hinjewadi and Wakad? I dont see them doing any good, rather just slowing down traffic even more, as well as allowing people to take those illegal turns around Wakad flyover. There seems to be have been absolutely no thought given to the placement of these speed breakers, just some haphazard work by a shoddy contractor. Along with no markings of any sort on them, they're enough to cause a nightmare to anyone new who is travelling on that road. Just last week, I literally had to jump my bike because I could not see the speed breaker till about 20m from it Can we not raise a complaint regarding this?
Old 31st March 2015, 15:49   #1787
BHPian

Few observations in recent days:

1. Like asivan has pointed out, there has been a huge increase in the number of speed breakers (intended and un intended ones). There are legal ones but unscientific in profile, then there are those "padchari margs" or pedestrian crossing many of which have cropped up recently. If that was not enough, the ones coming out of road digging across the width. Last species have come up at such crucial locations, like just before climbing the flyover, or just before the main chowk signal. Wonder if any authority is even looking at these - this is slowing down the traffic which already moves at snail pace.

2. Can understand the constraints on building a new road, land acquisition challenges etc but at least the existing road can be made better.

3. Observing that in recent days, the traffic pile up is there at any hour. For last few days observing that crawling starts as soon as you get down the flyover. It was not like this before, so what has changed?

4. Last night, it was a nightmare and one of the worst traffic seen between 9 PM and 10 PM. Drove in 1st gear at inching speeds right from Mindtree junction to the flyover while returning. Any idea what was different ?

5. Coming to the idiocity of authorities, want to make one last point:
Extra lane is managed through traffic cones uptil 11:30 AM I guess. Morons who add/remove the cones do it in the opposite direction against common logic. I was driving in the extra lane and suddenly see a bunch of guys in back of tempo coming from opposite in the last lane, and picking all the cones. The lane I was in suddenly disappears, and am confronted with oncoming traffic which had by now occupied the freshly freed up lane. It was quite chaotic after that. Does it need an Einstein to tell these people that the logical way would be to remove the cones starting from the point of entry into extra lane.

I sincerely hope that authorities take note of commuters' every day plight and acche din finally arrive for us.

Thanks.
Old 1st April 2015, 14:03   #1788
BHPian

After the unfortunate accident near Indira College, I am seeing Traffic police with speed guns catching speeding vehicles. I don't see any signs for the speed limit. I try and keep myself under 50kmph just to be safe.
Any idea what the legal speed limit is on this stretch.?
Old 1st April 2015, 15:00   #1789
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Ajitsingh208 View Post
After the unfortunate accident near Indira College, I am seeing Traffic police with speed guns catching speeding vehicles. I don't see any signs for the speed limit. I try and keep myself under 50kmph just to be safe.
Any idea what the legal speed limit is on this stretch.?
Quoting from this article:

Quote:
While private four-wheelers are privy to a speed limit of 80 kilometres per hour on that stretch, vehicles with tourist permits can travel only up to 65 kmph. Said Pailkar, "In the course of recent action, we stopped some vehicles travelling at 110-120 kmph, which is highly dangerous."
Old 1st April 2015, 18:11   #1790
BHPian

The one stretch at Phase II Wipro Circle in hinjewadi is a gateway for many to take the wrong lane and obstruct the traffic coming from there.
Have seen many cops standing opposite the petrol pump & stop whoever they can, others just flee.
Cant really blame the cops because ultimately how much they can control?
Also the Road near Quadron, the one which is water logged always in the rainy seasons, is still under construction.
Getting in @ out of hinjewadi @ peak times is now getting worse
Old 2nd April 2015, 11:53   #1791
BHPian

The entire Hinjewadi issue is due to two major problems. One is infrastructural and the other is behavioural.

Lack of any good alternative roads for moving from the highway into Hinjewadi Phases is the infrastructural issues. Hence all the vehicles, public and private are crammed into the single road coming from Wakad into Hinjewadi. One bus breaking down or one vehicle stopping at the road side and all hell breaks loose. Why are the authorities completely ignoring this issue is beyond me. Also, can the big IT companies whose employees suffer this daily travel not put any pressure on the local administration ?

The other is of course our mindset. Even though Hinjewadi boasts employing some of the best minds at work, they are nowhere visible on the road. The vast majority of road users here is at least a degree holder, having the capacity for good logical thinking.

Inspite of this, everyone will use the opposing lane to move forward one inch, bully other drivers, create lanes where there is space for none and so one. All these tactics add to the already existing problem of less space and far more vehicles. Otherwise why should a distance of 3km take more than 30 minutes of travel ?
luvDriving is offline   (6) Thanks
Old 27th April 2015, 20:03   #1792
BHPian

For folks using the Chande-Nande route. We got a circular from the company that the road will be closed from 27 April for repairs and widening. This may be for 10 - 15 days.
I guess this must be the 2km stretch between Mann road and the Chande-Nande phata.
Old 27th April 2015, 20:18   #1793
Team-BHP Support

Quote:
Originally Posted by luvDriving View Post
.......Why are the authorities completely ignoring this issue is beyond me. Also, can the big IT companies whose employees suffer this daily travel not put any pressure on the local administration?........
You (as in the Hinjewadi IT crowd, not you in person) will pay your due taxes anyway (at source or at service) and are probably irrelevant as a vote-base. Why bother doing something for you?

Last edited by Chetan_Rao : 27th April 2015 at 20:19.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 07:59   #1794
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
For folks using the Chande-Nande route. We got a circular from the company that the road will be closed from 27 April for repairs and widening. This may be for 10 - 15 days.
I guess this must be the 2km stretch between Mann road and the Chande-Nande phata.
Hi

Is the Chande-Nande route open now? I have to come to Hinjewadi now for the next 3 months. Dreading it, thinking of the daily struggle entailed
Old 2nd June 2015, 10:36   #1795
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by venkat_iyer View Post
Hi

Is the Chande-Nande route open now?
It is under construction but operational.
Sometimes few workers block the entrance to it from Phase3 to Maan road, by personaly standing there or putting large pipes to block it. That day you may have to go all the way back to take the usual road. This blocking is not regular or periodic, I have seen this only 3-4 times in a month now, that too random. Wait there for 15-20 minutes & then they let you go.

A recent article in TOI mentioned that the work will be completed in June, if Monsoon does not interferes. fingers crossed.
saurabh2711 is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 2nd June 2015, 13:08   #1796
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by saurabh2711 View Post
It is under construction but operational.
Sometimes few workers block the entrance to it from Phase3 to Maan road, by personaly standing there or putting large pipes to block it. That day you may have to go all the way back to take the usual road. This blocking is not regular or periodic, I have seen this only 3-4 times in a month now, that too random. Wait there for 15-20 minutes & then they let you go.

A recent article in TOI mentioned that the work will be completed in June, if Monsoon does not interferes. fingers crossed.
Thanks! Let me try it from tomorrow. Yeah, hope it gets completed before the rains begin.
Old 2nd June 2015, 17:26   #1797
BHPian

Saw this in papers yesterday. Not sure if this will increase the mess.
The article mentions underpass at Wakad, but how it will improve the situation

http://timesofindia.indiatimes.com/c...w/47494692.cms
Old 2nd June 2015, 22:15   #1798
BHPian

Quote:
Thanks! Let me try it from tomorrow. Yeah, hope it gets completed before the rains begin.
If you stay on the Kothrud side then you can try the Pirangut route.

There is also an option of taking the Chande-Nande route via Gothawade its a bit longer though.
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:15   #1799
BHPian

Quote:
Hi

Is the Chande-Nande route open now? I have to come to Hinjewadi now for the next 3 months. Dreading it, thinking of the daily struggle entailed
We got a message in our organization that the traffic police has informed chande nande route is open for traffic.
Old 3rd June 2015, 09:45   #1800
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by swapnilup View Post
If you stay on the Kothrud side then you can try the Pirangut route.

There is also an option of taking the Chande-Nande route via Gothawade its a bit longer though.
Is this the Pirangut route you are referring to?

https://www.google.co.in/maps/dir/18...73.7125098,16z

If yes, is it safe to use it at night, say for a 8 PM start from Hinjewadi phase 2?

Cheers,
Vikram

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks