Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Search this Thread
Old 26th August 2016, 17:25   #1816
BHPian

Re: Hinjewadi Traffic Issues

I don't know why and how, yesterday was one of the most pleasurable drive back home (Phase-3 to Chinchwad).

I started off at around 6:45 PM and was home by around 7:20PM! On any normal day it takes a minimum of 1+ hour for the same route!
Old 26th August 2016, 17:31   #1817
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post
I don't know why and how, yesterday was one of the most pleasurable drive back home (Phase-3 to Chinchwad).

I started off at around 6:45 PM and was home by around 7:20PM! On any normal day it takes a minimum of 1+ hour for the same route!
That is because many of us were told that there would be a traffic jam after 6 PM because of Janmashtmi celebration. We left at 5 just to get stuck up in a traffic jam because apparently everyone around was as scared of traffic jam and had left their offices early .
Old 26th August 2016, 17:41   #1818
BHPian

Moving to Hinjewadi Phase III from Monday. First time in my life of being in IT, am actually going to be operating out of Hinjewadi.
Old 26th August 2016, 19:04   #1819
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by Engine_Roars View Post
That is because many of us were told that there would be a traffic jam after 6 PM because of Janmashtmi celebration. We left at 5 just to get stuck up in a traffic jam because apparently everyone around was as scared of traffic jam and had left their offices early .
Ignorance is bliss!!

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
Moving to Hinjewadi Phase III from Monday. First time in my life of being in IT, am actually going to be operating out of Hinjewadi.
Welcome! If I may ask, will you be working out of Quadron IT Park?
Old 26th August 2016, 19:07   #1820
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by ObsessedByFIAT View Post

Welcome! If I may ask, will you be working out of Quadron IT Park?
A little more further of Quadron and a right from the junction rather roundabout

Last edited by centaur : 26th August 2016 at 19:08.
Old 12th December 2016, 19:24   #1821
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by comfortablynumb View Post
no idea how the road is from Phase 3 till Ghotawade Phata.
Just came back from a visit to Tamhini, wherein i took this road.
Road is in good shape with the only issue being it is narrow and patchy is some areas.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 12th December 2016, 19:32   #1822
BHPian

BTW, a new road is now open for all. I am sure many of you might be knowing but posting it here just in case someone doesn't know about it. If any of you are coming via Bhumkar towards Hinjewadi, do not take the left towards Mezza 9. Carry on straight and you will come ahead of the mezza 9 chowk and more towards Wipro circle. You can see the road as a broad white line (no traffic update from Google on it yet)

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-untitled.jpg
centaur is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 12:00   #1823
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by centaur View Post
BTW, a new road is now open for all. I am sure many of you might be knowing but posting it here just in case someone doesn't know about it.
Its good to use, but traffic is very high on this after 9:45, i waited for 20 mins to join main road around 10:45 today.

Last edited by ampere : 13th December 2016 at 15:09. Reason: Trimmed quoted post
Old 13th December 2016, 12:05   #1824
BHPian

Yes I agree. When this was not open to regular traffic it was way faster but since Monday its way slower to get into the main line. Probably over a period of time things will smoothen out. I too was waiting for an easy 20 mins today. However it still seems like the best bet in terms of road and absent local traffic.
Old 13th December 2016, 14:40   #1825
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by shabahmad View Post
Its good to use, but traffic is very high on this after 9:45, i waited for 20 mins to join main road around 10:45 today.
The problem is that it only shifts the bottleneck at Mezza 9 deeper into Phase 2. So it's not much use for heading into the tech park in the morning but definitely proves its worth while heading back (since the traffic neatly segregates before Mezza 9, reducing the load there and further down at Shivaji Chowk).

I think some smart thinking is called for- perhaps one-way rules along specific routes in morning and evening peak hours. Knowing Hinjewadi traffic, there will be hordes of violators, however!

Need of the hour is to have a road cut acorss from Bhumkar Chowk to Phase 3, just beyond Infosys gate 1 and even perhaps DLF. THat would be a true bypass for Phase 2/3 traffic!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 13th December 2016, 18:56   #1826
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think some smart thinking is called for- perhaps one-way rules along specific routes in morning and evening peak hours.
I feel Hinjewadi needs a special bus lane.But there cant be 2 bus lanes since road is narrow , hence they can just have one lane right in the middle and use it as ONE-WAY depending on time of traffic.

As is case with BRTS, they can have cops manning both ends.
Also bus lane should be used by Company buses as well as PMPML which will help in utilizing it better.
silverado is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 10:46   #1827
BHPian

I feel there should be some alternative/better option at wipro circle. That's the worst of the lot in the mornings and evenings. On worst days, the traffic stretches almost from Wipro till a little ahead of DLF which is horrible.

Also I have many times seen heavy machinery move on these roads during peak times. These include tankers, earth movers, other construction trucks and equipments etc. and they drastically slow down traffic to a great extent. Adding to this, the speed breakers are another deterrent to the already slow moving traffic and I feel they should be removed. In this week, I saw 2 of them were scrapped but the work done was so bad that the traffic is even more slower now.
centaur is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:29   #1828
Senior - BHPian

Is there a route for the area marked in red ? If there is (or is going to come up), it would be great as people working in Phase-1 and coming from the southward end of the NH4 can easily bypass the Hinjewadi Chaos and directly merge from Blueridge. Google Maps may not be updated, hence the question.

Hinjewadi Traffic Issues-balewadiroad.png
Old 14th December 2016, 12:40   #1829
Distinguished - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by sajo View Post
Is there a route for the area marked in red ? If there is (or is going to come up), it would be great as people working in Phase-1 and coming from the southward end of the NH4 can easily bypass the Hinjewadi Chaos and directly merge from Blueridge. Google Maps may not be updated, hence the question.
Is that the area around where KUL Ecoloch and other residential complexes are coming up? For years they have been selling the story of a mythical bridge that will cut across there and bypass the worst of Hinjewadi traffic Don't think you can give much credence to those!
noopster is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 14th December 2016, 12:47   #1830
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by noopster View Post
I think some smart thinking is called for- perhaps one-way rules along specific routes in morning and evening peak hours. Knowing Hinjewadi traffic, there will be hordes of violators, however!
Maybe you guys need a Metro route. Now we will have one for Kharadi (counting the years to retirement, I dont think I will be able to use it for the commute!). The Metro pass could be subsidised/ partly paid for by the companies. This is how it is done in some European cities

The solution should somehow envision reduction of privately driven vehicles in the entire area. Companies should just convert all their parking areas to bus bays. That would dissuade people from bringing in private cars.
It could also be feasible to have an elevated route only for company buses from Wakad flyover to HJW all phases. Some of these suggestions sound drastic but it doesn't look like the problem can be resolved by continuing as we are. Of course, easier said than done (especially as I am not directly impacted yet)

Most Viewed