Team-BHP > Street Experiences

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 21st August 2010, 14:20   #91
MX6
Senior - BHPian

@blackasta. That's the accounted cost. What about the unaccounted cost to country? These people are holding the country and the people to ransom.
Are the perks taken in to account in your calculation? Anyway, we can't find out their underhand dealings.
Old 21st August 2010, 23:25   #92
Joy
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by MX6 View Post
@blackasta. That's the accounted cost. What about the unaccounted cost to country? These people are holding the country and the people to ransom.
Are the perks taken in to account in your calculation? Anyway, we can't find out their underhand dealings.
@MX6: The perks now includes their family and close friends also. And that too in business class including foreign trips (though declared as official abroad assignments). And yes, hopefully they are taken into a/c (hopefully @blackasta can tell you more about the calc.) as these people never leave a single paisa due to the government. At the end of the year their balance sheet is always more than the govt. approval.

Well friends, can you tell me whether they will be accountable or not? They should be the highest paid persons of India (I don't mind) but at the same time the pay packets should also be related to their performance where an independent committee will judge their performance and accordingly they will get their bonuses.

This is turning out to be a ridiculous affair where the people in power are deciding about themselves. Today it is 60 lakh, tomorrow it will be 120-200 lakhs. But the question is who will decide, them or us? Is this democracy?

As studied in school, we are a truly democratic state but where are those democracy? Can we really stand up to them? Answer is noway just because they are united and we are not....
Old 21st August 2010, 23:38   #93
Senior - BHPian

A bit OT ,but keeping in line with the discussion:

The Telegraph - Calcutta (Kolkata) | Frontpage | MPs’ pay up three times Some members not happy, want more
Old 22nd August 2010, 18:23   #94
Senior - BHPian

Time has passe and media/people have forgotten the issue, i guess all of us have got accustomed to this?

Coming to salary hike, i think politics is the only profession where incapable or non performers thrive and the same will have guts to demand for more!

Few days back read in a newspaper that the governor also wants similar comforts in is ffice compared to the cm, these shameless people want to showoff with the public money!
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:59   #95
Senior - BHPian

Check this out...
There was a huge traffic jam from Mannuthy to MVPA, say about 80+ Kms & all possible ways are blocked & most of the vehicles were cars (surprised to see more cars than 2 wheelers, that too in KL). Some red board guy (not sure minister or some high rank Govt guys) were crossing. All I saw was a jeep in full headlamps, revolving lights & constant honk followed by this red board car and...

what do I see? All cars from Linea to Indica following the VIP. It was way too funny to watch & I could only remember 2 threads...
1. Following an ambulance thread
2. Following a minister's car.

This is the state of God's own country; India a land with unity among diversity

I'll upload this pics soon.

Note from Mod : Thread has gone on a bit too long. Team-BHP does NOT permit any discussions on politicians / politics. Thread closed.

Last edited by GTO : 23rd August 2010 at 18:59. Reason: Adding thread closure note
Closed Thread

Most Viewed