Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:13   #1
MX6
Senior - BHPian

Pathetic people and Pathetic laws

16 year old mows down and kills 2 pedestrians in Mangalore. Insurance will not give any compensation because the driver is not legalised to drive.
Court will give him a cool sentence because, he's a juvenile.
RC owner is not in India, so is immune!
Teen driving SUV mows down 2 workers near Mangalore - Bangalore - City - The Times of India

What say T-BHPians?
Old 22nd August 2010, 13:54   #2
BHPian

This is bad. The govt should instruct the insurance companies to have a clause to benefit the third party in such cases.
Old 22nd August 2010, 14:48   #3
Senior - BHPian

What else can you say? All you can do is

In death cases, juvenile or not, punishment should be meted out.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:12   #4
BHPian

What laws are these which deny compensation to the victims? and the victims cant go to the courts as by the time the judge starts hearing the case it will be 15 years from now.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:39   #5
Senior - BHPian

I only feel to buy a monster truck & drive all over; incase anyone rams me, I'm safe; if I ram someone, I'm still safe. I don't care about law as there doesn't seem to exist one.
Old 22nd August 2010, 19:51   #6

- compensation -

Have seen from some of the threads that folks are quite amused with the wacky stuff that goes on on Dubai roads. Out here however the vehicle will be impounded, driver arrested and in case juvenile, the car owner and/or parent will have to pay ''blood money'' to the victims families. While this is covered by insurance usually, there are several cases where the 'drivers' get stuck in jail until they are bailed out by charitable organisations. A few years back I understand that there were several cases of victims intentionally running across the road to die so that payments could be made to their families back home....
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:26   #7
Senior - BHPian

In this case - the victim's family can put a direct claim on the offender's family.
But the the court case can go on for decades ...
Old 23rd August 2010, 13:34   #8
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by dubeee View Post
Have seen from some of the threads that folks are quite amused with the wacky stuff that goes on on Dubai roads. Out here however the vehicle will be impounded, driver arrested and in case juvenile, the car owner and/or parent will have to pay ''blood money'' to the victims families. While this is covered by insurance usually, there are several cases where the 'drivers' get stuck in jail until they are bailed out by charitable organisations. A few years back I understand that there were several cases of victims intentionally running across the road to die so that payments could be made to their families back home....

People always know how to mend the rules. They are smart enough to milk from any situation or rule - whether it is India or anywhere else in the world ! Thats the pity with human race. What to do ?

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks