Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Search this Thread
Old 19th June 2013, 17:22   #46
BHPian

re: Dogs / Cats damage my car!

Couple of months ago, my car securely parked in the building compound. I always use a parking cover as I do not use the car for my daily commute.

One fine morning, I am about to leave for my college, when I see that the cover is lying on the ground, completely torn apart and not at all usable. First thoughts, another case of Vandalism. Move around the car reveals scratch marks on the bonnet and both the left and the right fenders. This makes sure that there was a party on my car yesterday night. Our neighbor, who has a better view of our car in the night confirms that they heard sounds of cats and dogs fighting at around 3AM in the morning. Shooed them away with the help of a stick.

All in all, a useless parking cover(had bought it just a month before) and a scratches on the bonnet and the front fenders.
Old 19th June 2013, 17:31   #47
BHPian

Like Saket even i suspect it as a failed attempt to steal/damage your car. The wires are definitely a plier cut and not by any living creature. Also the broken plastic is strong enough for a cat to break.
Highly suggest you to be alert and keep an eye on your car!
sajusherief is offline   (1) Thanks
Old 19th June 2013, 17:39   #48
Senior - BHPian

The street dogs are menace, whether care for them or not.

My father feeds dogs & cows daily, yet they scratched my car's rear bumper. But, this was their generosity, as my neighbour's car cover was torn into pieces by the buggers.
Old 10th May 2015, 22:40   #49
Senior - BHPian

I heard periodic Meows while cleaning my Xylo this morning.

While searching, I found no trace of any animal below or around the car, so continued my cleaning.

Again more Meows.

This time I opened the bonnet, and who do I see behind the battery bay !

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-20150510_13482611.jpg

With some cajoling, the kitty jumped down through the gaps below the prop shaft and disappeared. No damages to car or kitty, apparently !
mooza is offline   (4) Thanks
Old 10th May 2015, 23:37   #50
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post
I heard periodic Meows while cleaning my Xylo this morning.

While searching, I found no trace of any animal below or around the car, so continued my cleaning.

Again more Meows.

Lucky for the cat you were just cleaning the car.

I had noticed paw marks on the windscreen and bonnet of my once-owned WagonR. I never got a look of it but I assumed a cat used to sit right on top.

but I found this pigeon on the bonnet once, right inside my flat parking area.
Attached Thumbnails
Dogs / Cats damage my car!-pigeon.jpg  

navsjab is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 11th May 2015, 04:41   #51
BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by mooza View Post

With some cajoling, the kitty jumped down through the gaps below the prop shaft and disappeared. No damages to car or kitty, apparently !
That's a cute kitty !

Cats seem to have a preference for some chemical in car engines that attracts them. We have a stray cat that has adopted us a year ago; it regularly sniffs around below the front of parked cars.

Or it could be the presence of rats / mice. I know for a fact that rats can infest car engine bays (our Polo engine cables were bitten through by a rat 3 years ago) and their smell could be attracting the cat.

Our cars have not suffered due to the cat though except for dusty paw prints on the windshield in winter.
Kumar R is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 14:32   #52
BHPian

The Cheetah got clawed!!

It was since last couple of weeks that I noticed cat hair on the XUV's bonnet & roof with some mild claw marks which could be rubbed off with some efforts & waxing to being hardly visible.

Seems like the pussy cat & cheetah became friends.

Last night, things got a little nasty though. I think the feline family had some argument over an issue and below is the result.

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-img_20151007_122640.jpg

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-img_20151007_122647.jpg

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-img_20151007_122702.jpg

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-img_20151007_122736.jpg

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-img_20151007_123221.jpg

What can be done to curtail this, as I really am not in for any more surprises.

Tried the cover for a couple a couple of days, however stopped using it as the cat used to sneak in & find its way to the bonnet or roof.

Last edited by Gannu_1 : 7th October 2015 at 14:45. Reason: Reducing resolution + inserting images in the post.
Old 7th October 2015, 15:17   #53
BHPian

This happened a few months ago, twice infact.
Id gone out of town, with a polco car cover on my vento. I return to see the cover completely torn up, and scratches on the roof.
Got the cover patched up since damage was only at 1 spot.
But, the same thing happened again, with the cover being completely ruined, and even more scratches on the roof.

The cover was barely 2 months old. Since most of the scratches are on the clear coat, i didnt bother. And ive stopped using a car cover since.
Old 7th October 2015, 16:16   #54
Team-BHP Support

Dogs can be worse. They drag in all sorts of stuff from places to make their spot comfortable and warm for the night, and aren't averse to ripping apart a car cover to get some extra bits and pieces for a quilt.

First hand experience last year with a stray dog I found sleeping snugly on a ripped piece of my car's brand new cover one morning, right next to the car. It was pretty chilly the previous night and I didn't have the heart to shoo him away. Just let it be and got the building guard to keep an eye on my parking spot.
Chetan_Rao is offline   (2) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 17:09   #55
BANNED

Though not for the car, the cats in my apartment seems to have taken a liking to my scooter, and only mine at that. The seat cover has these tiny marks like someone has dug in their nails and removed. I have changed the cover once and don't want to change it again. How do I solve for this?
Old 7th October 2015, 17:46   #56
BHPian

I have had puppies chew the wheel arch of the i10. Their teeth have poked dots all around the arch now, and only on one single arch. No idea what entertainment they got out of it.
Old 7th October 2015, 18:23   #57
Senior - BHPian

Quote:
Originally Posted by latentpotential View Post
No idea what entertainment they got out of it.
That would probably be the time they were teething and they keeping biting on whatever they get a hold of.

I had noticed this with a friends pup and his car . It was easy for the pup to get a grip on the flexi part of the front bumper and kept chewing the same area till I it carried away.
tharian is online now   (1) Thanks
Old 7th October 2015, 18:31   #58
BHPian

While we talk of Cats and Dogs. I had a goat from the next street climb on to the roof. If it becomes regular I would need to come here for some solution!!
Old 8th October 2015, 07:24   #59
BHPian

There is this Cat in Vijaynagar, Bangalore which rips the antenna on the cars parked outside on the street. Only the antenna and nothing else.

I had parked my car outside my friends house opposite to Vijayanagar Swimming pool and had gone in his car for 3 day trip. His FM was not working and he told me about the cat which breaks and rips the antenna on the car if parked on the road.

Came after 3 days to see the Antenna on my Palio broken

May be this Cat is a Parking Vigilante

Regards
Old 15th April 2017, 10:15   #60
BHPian

The vicious dogs of Karwar

Just returned from Karwar after a few days of visit to our relative's place. We had driven down to Karwar. At nightfall, the packs of dogs started appearing, howling and barking and having pack fights. It was really scary walking down the lanes in fear of getting attacked. The dog population is steadily increasing. We were warned by the local residents that recently, the dogs have been damaging cars by scratching the paint off and many motorcycles and scooters' seats were bitten off and damaged. On our last day, our shoes and chappals also disappeared. They were found damaged on the road side, wonder how they crossed our gate.

Someone suggested that as a precaution to keep the dogs away to sprinkle bleaching powder around the car, and that's what I did while my car was parked. Maybe the trick worked as my car remained untouched or was it just my luck?

Dogs / Cats damage my car!-1492231407020.jpg
Dogs / Cats damage my car!-1492231426731.jpg
Dogs / Cats damage my car!-1492231446450.jpg

Last edited by Aditya : 16th April 2017 at 17:18.

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks