Team-BHP > Street Experiences
Register New Topics New Posts Top Thanked Team-BHP FAQ

Closed Thread
  Search this Thread
Old 6th September 2010, 19:26   #1
jav
BHPian

My stopped car gets sideswiped and driver says i scraped his car

Today evening i was driving on the kasavanahalli road and this road has multiple speedbreakers and potholes and in this strech of road around halfway there is a bottleneck because the left side of the road has some huge cement rocks and potholes, so all traffic uses the oncoming traffic lane to avoid it and when my turn comes there was a bus coming in the opposite direction so i waited for him to pass me, meanwhile there is an innova behind me with his hand glued to the horn pad so i stop and let him overtake me and during this maneuver he scrapes my car from above the front wheel till the headlight and then stops in front of me and gets down to check if his car is damaged.

Now he comes to me and tells why have you stopped and i tell him cant you see this pothole and he says there are 200 hundred potholes and will you stop for all of them and i tell him that i care for my car and will stop, this makes him more angry and he tells me "YOU HAVE DAMAGED MY CAR AND I WILL MAKE YOU PAY FOR IT" i tell him that i have called the traffic police and he says he cant wait and to do whatever i want, and zooms off after taking a pic of my number plate.

I also took a pic of his reg no and he was wearing American Express Employee tag, now the traffic cop arrives and tells us to go to station and file a complaint.

So what do you guys think if i go and file a complaint will i be able to make him pay for my damages or will he get away scot free?

I am feeling sad looking at my poor car which has not been scraped since i purchased it from the showroom 5 years ago although it is a superficial scrape and only paint has been removed but the bumper is intact.So waiting for your suggestions guys thanks for reading this long post of mine
Old 6th September 2010, 19:38   #2
BHPian

I say you file the complaint!!Anyway you have his registration number.File complaint before he does!!
Old 6th September 2010, 22:49   #3
NFS
BHPian

honking and driving fast is the way some people drive. I pray everyday not to get into such a problem and get into an argument. Now-a-days going to a cop with a complaint gives no Justice, as they will make you pay bribe and justice is bought by who ever pays more.

It happened to me in may, 2010. Me on my zen, stopped at vijayanagar signal. Waited for green, slowly traffic started to move. May be 20 kmph now and the car infront of me puts a sudden brake. I too applied brakes, and came to a stop. A two wheeler fellow bumped on to my car from behind.

I opened the driver side door asked if something broke during this event. He responde with loud harsh voice "is this how you put sudden brakes? Go learn how to drive first" he says.

I did not want to get into an argument, nor I had the time for proving who is wrong. I drove past the signal, checked for dents or any broken things. It was only the tyre mark of the bike. I left it there.
Old 6th September 2010, 23:38   #4
Team-BHP Support

Jav, if you do not want to pursue the issue, no need to file the complaint. However, you cannot be sure the other fellow wont file one against you!

You could try to file a hit-n-run against the fellow. He would definitely be summoned to the police station. However, we cannot predict what would ensue following that.
Old 7th September 2010, 01:08   #5
Distinguished - BHPian

Note from the Team-BHP Support Staff : Closing the thread on request by owner.
Closed Thread

Most Viewed

Copyright ©2000 - 2024, Team-BHP.com
Proudly powered by E2E Networks